Brechin v Greenock Morton

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all Duffy's talk of well organised teams and no easy games, much like Dumbarton last season he's treating this as a chance to experiment and in the first half at least it's backfired horribly.

A 3-5-2 with the personnel we have isn't necessarily a bad idea; springing it on the team with the defence only having two days in training to prepare for playing it definitely is. We're still the better team and should go on to win, but we've looked vulnerable so far, stemming from the centre backs not knowing where they're supposed to be.

I see the orcs from Greenock were out in force again. The minute I walked into the Glebe and down the hedge side I witnessed a group of thugs ganging up and manhandling a steward who must have had the audacity to try and chuck some of these clowns out for their behaviour. He was hit by a pie but thankfully the guy who tried spitting on him hit the hedge instead...

Good to see the Polis eventually turn up at second half and catch some of the culprits. Wonder how many arrests there were?

Every other away support can manage to behave and in far bigger numbers too.

As for the game...good to see us set up a bit more offensively with only 4 at the back. We looked dead on our feet second half and Morton will be disappointed not to win after the pressure they put on us.

Well that was poor. We started off reasonably well .Well worked
goal then got deeper and deeper . Poor defending for Morton s equaliser then we re right up park and have one off the line .. For any City fan our involvement in the game ended there ..
A combination of fantastic defending and bad finishing and we ve got a point. Why we sat back 2nd half we ll never know . No one had really bad games although Connor was poor 2nd half giving ball away and Isaac was shattered after 5 minutes.Thought Tapping played away fine but should ve played Isaac in with our last attack.
We ve played far better and lost this year ..

Archived