A Photographic History Of Scottish Football

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Similarly if Killie hadn't been consigned to the 2nd Division would there have been the take over, Tommy Burns and a general sorting out of a bit of a mess and 30 years of success or would they have stayed up, not had to sort themselves out and been more like, say, Dunfermline- the odd season in the top flight but mainly a Championship side.. 

I think the takeover would still have happened but whether we'd have got Tommy Burns is debatable. 

Getting him into the club was definitely the catalyst for What we've enjoyed in the last 35 years. 

It was an amazing signing for a team of our status at that time and one I am so grateful it happened for us. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Typo - can't count

4 hours ago, rollstar said:

No, perhaps the most crucial event in the lead up to Albert Kidd Day was Celtic winning at Pittodrie on 12/4/86. Obviously Celtic wouldn't have won the league had that result been different, but it should also be noted that Aberdeen were ahead of Celtic on goal difference that morning.

You are two seasons out here, the match in my original post refers to Celtic winning 1-0 at Pittodrie in November 1987, a full 18 months or so after 'Albert Kidd day' in May 1986... although you are correct that the 1-0 win in April that year courtesy of a M* J*hnst*n goal was a huge moment in Celtic's late surge to the 1986 title.