The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

11 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

This.

Although I would temper it by saying that, IMO, in the long run the location will end up costing more than an initially more expensive location or Pitt rebuild because when things resort to Best of the Rest being about third the numbers at AFC games will decline more markedly than they would at Pittodrie

A Pittodrie rebuild would cost a minimum of £15m extra due to not being able to sell the land. Most likely more than that, but let's pretend it's only £15m.

If crowds at Kingsford were poor (I don't know how low you think they'll go), how many years do you think it would take to "lose" £15m?

10,000 at Pittodrie when the club are struggling? So what are we saying at Kingsford - 8,000? Or do you think it'll be even lower? 

It'd take about 20-25 years of 8,000 crowds until you may be able to say "It'd have cost less to stay at Pittodrie".

10 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Spot on, will be cheaper in the short term but will cost us in loss of revenue in the long term.

It’s worth factoring in the cost of the shuttle buses as well. Rough maths but 50 buses at £500 a game for 20 home games is £500,000 a season, similar to what we were paying in debt repayments not so long ago.

We pay £700,000 a season on maitenance at Pittodrie.

And how much would it cost to have a seperate training facility from the stadium?

6 hours ago, EdTheDuck said:

According to Google a bus from Pittodrie to Burnbrae Crescent in Mastrick has a journey time of 29 mins

According to Google a bus from Westhill to Burnbrae Crescent in Mastrick has a journey time of 38 to 47 mins.

:lol:

How long does a shuttle bus take?

11 hours ago, Dunty said:

A Pittodrie rebuild would cost a minimum of £15m extra due to not being able to sell the land. Most likely more than that, but let's pretend it's only £15m.

If crowds at Kingsford were poor (I don't know how low you think they'll go), how many years do you think it would take to "lose" £15m?

10,000 at Pittodrie when the club are struggling? So what are we saying at Kingsford - 8,000? Or do you think it'll be even lower? 

It'd take about 20-25 years of 8,000 crowds until you may be able to say "It'd have cost less to stay at Pittodrie".

We pay £700,000 a season on maitenance at Pittodrie.

And how much would it cost to have a seperate training facility from the stadium?

How long does a shuttle bus take?

You can “pretend” whatever you like you pompous ass, but thanks for confirming it will cost more “in the long run” even with your made up numbers.

However, if we have to endure the unrelenting awfulness that marked the first 16 years of the Milne stewardship 8,000 will be regarded as a ‘bumper crowd’ in the Middle of Nowhere (for the uninitiated, the first 16 years awfulness saw 10/16 bottom half finishes including a 10th out of 10, almost routine cup defeats by lower league teams, not as much as a sliver of silver and just one Best of the Rest finish while running up losses of over £20M).

Your faith in the Gospel According to Saint Wiggy borders on religious fanaticism, including the existence of these future, unlimited shuttle buses to each and every destination every 5 minutes, magically unencumbered by any traffic whatsoever. Even a zealot like you should understand that, having lived through his entire, mostly disastrous, time at the helm of AFC if I prefer to apply a little rational thinking to his vision of Heaven on Earth.

This extends to your unwavering acceptance that Kingsford is going to result in a teensy weensy loan and won’t run horrendously over budget or, more likely, be a cheap as chips concrete box for Joe Public but Cunard Ocean Liner swank for the corporate suit & tie brigade.

Incidentally, you missed out the bit about how Kingsford will take us to the “Next Level”. That is the current parable among the Initiated, isn’t it? The Next Level? More magic, whereby fixed, owned training facilities will propel the club forward to previously unimagined heights, apparently without the need for appointing the right people and particularly the right manager. Just having a training ground will take us to the Next Level. Given The Wig’s previous form in appointing football management staff I can understand why you’re all jumping on this particular bandwagon.

Your unrelenting pish has much the same effect on the cerebrum as blunt force trauma; try saying something different other than 'prove it prove it prove it' while simultaneously reciting, ad infinitum,  unproven Numberwangs from Pittodrie Street.

Edited by EdTheDuck

21 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can't see any problem with building a 20,000 seater stadium on sand, or digging down to suitable sub-sea-level depths immediately beside the sea. Must admit I'm no civil engineer, but not particularly convinced that an enormous block of concrete (holding sea water back to let it set) would be sufficient to support such infrastructure.

That's what piled foundations are for.......

I am a civil engineer btw.

Also worth noting the greatest forces that stadium stand are subjected to are for uplift not their dead or live loadings.

22 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

You can “pretend” whatever you like you pompous ass, but thanks for confirming it will cost more “in the long run” even with your made up numbers.

However, if we have to endure the unrelenting awfulness that marked the first 16 years of the Milne stewardship 8,000 will be regarded as a ‘bumper crowd’ in the Middle of Nowhere (for the uninitiated, the first 16 years awfulness saw 10/16 bottom half finishes including a 10th out of 10, almost routine cup defeats by lower league teams, not as much as a sliver of silver and just one Best of the Rest finish while running up losses of over £20M).

Your faith in the Gospel According to Saint Wiggy borders on religious fanaticism, including the existence of these future, unlimited shuttle buses to each and every destination every 5 minutes, magically unencumbered by any traffic whatsoever. Even a zealot like you should understand that, having lived through his entire, mostly disastrous, time at the helm of AFC if I prefer to apply a little rational thinking to his vision of Heaven on Earth.

This extends to your unwavering acceptance that Kingsford is going to result in a teensy weensy loan and won’t run horrendously over budget or, more likely, be a cheap as chips concrete box for Joe Public but Cunard Ocean Liner swank for the corporate suit & tie brigade.

Incidentally, you missed out the bit about how Kingsford will take us to the “Next Level”. That is the current parable among the Initiated, isn’t it? The Next Level? More magic, whereby fixed, owned training facilities will propel the club forward to previously unimagined heights, apparently without the need for appointing the right people and particularly the right manager. Just having a training ground will take us to the Next Level. Given The Wig’s previous form in appointing football management staff I can understand why you’re all jumping on this particular bandwagon.

Your unrelenting pish has much the same effect on the cerebrum as blunt force trauma; try saying something different other than 'prove it prove it prove it' while simultaneously reciting, ad infinitum,  unproven Numberwangs from Pittodrie Street.

Credit to the Dons supporters for sticking by their chairman. Just a pity so many believe the nonsense he spouts. Building flats on the Pittodrie site has always been his plan. Not in a million years would he ever have considered doing anything else at Pittodrie.

Doing all the sums will not prove anything. I do fear for Aberdeen, just think of the players he could have brought to the club for part of the "£50million"

2 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Credit to the Dons supporters for sticking by their chairman. Just a pity so many believe the nonsense he spouts. Building flats on the Pittodrie site has always been his plan. Not in a million years would he ever have considered doing anything else at Pittodrie.

Doing all the sums will not prove anything. I do fear for Aberdeen, just think of the players he could have brought to the club for part of the "£50million"

Standing by the chairman is one thing, swallowing wholesale the drivel that's being spouted at the moment is something else again.

The sale of Pittodrie probably has less to do with Milne building flats and the absolute necessity of raising that money to clear the debt that had accumulated after years of multi million Pound losses. 

The sale of Pittodrie will still go ahead now despite the debt having been cleared because the cheapest option is the preferred option.  The proclamation that a Pittodrie re-build would cost Trillions AND have a capacity of Ochilview proportions is utter fucking shite. COYR and others has debunked it again and again but the Unilluminati point to the Official Line as irrefutable testament. Personally, if a Pittodrie rebuild needs more money then IMO the Boardroom incumbents should make up any difference because it. Is. Their. Fault!

I'd rather not splash money we don't actually have on players if it's all the same to you. Been there, done that. It is part of the reason we were financially fucked for so long

44 minutes ago, sjc said:

That's what piled foundations are for.......

I am a civil engineer btw.

Also worth noting the greatest forces that stadium stand are subjected to are for uplift not their dead or live loadings.

What is uplift and dead or live loadings?

48 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

What is uplift and dead or live loadings?

Uplift = Wind loads acting on the roof structure wanting to blow it up and away.

Dead = The weight of the structure itself (permanent loads).

Live = Non permanent loadings such as spectators including dynamic loads (moving loads).

Just now, sjc said:

Uplift = Wind loads acting on the roof structure wanting to blow it up and away.

Dead = The weight of the structure itself (permanent loads).

Live = Non permanent loadings such as spectators including dynamic loads (moving loads).

Ta for that.

Better than Google

1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:

Six paragraphs of you trying to be smart but not actually addressing any of the points I raised.

I never said we'd get crowds of 8,000 at Kingsford, I was trying to guess what crowds you think we'd get there and therefore how you were working out that "in the long run" we'd lose £15m. 

Fantasy figures. Calling me names doesn't change the fact you don't talk nothing but drivel. 

31 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Six paragraphs of you trying to be smart but not actually addressing any of the points I raised.

I never said we'd get crowds of 8,000 at Kingsford, I was trying to guess what crowds you think we'd get there and therefore how you were working out that "in the long run" we'd lose £15m. 

Fantasy figures. Calling me names doesn't change the fact you don't talk nothing but drivel. 

What points? The one where you acknowledge my point about costing more in the long run? That point? I already addressed that by thanking you for agreeing with me?

The cost of maintenance? How should I address that?  So they say. Yeah?

Your idiotic question about a non-existent shuttle bus? I think I  answered that anyway by stating I have my doubts the shuttle bus service would be the blanket, run-on-time dream service you expect. I can't answer the bit about how long it would take because it doesn't fucking exist! Just like I don't know how long an express shuttle bus would take from Pittodrie to Burnbrae Crescent because it doesn't exist either.

Did I mention £15M? I don't think I did. You did. But it's as spurious as the non-existent shuttle bus.

And I don't talk nothing but drivel? That's unpossible.

Stop being a pompous ass and I'll stop calling you it.

Edited by EdTheDuck

22 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

What points? The one where you acknowledge my point about costing more in the long run? That point? I already addressed that by thanking you for agreeing with me?

The cost of maintenance? How should I address that?  So they say. Yeah?

Your idiotic question about a non-existent shuttle bus? I think I  answered that anyway by stating I have my doubts the shuttle bus service would be the blanket, run-on-time dream service you expect. I can't answer the bit about how long it would take because it doesn't fucking exist! Just like I don't know how long an express shuttle bus would take from Pittodrie to Burnbrae Crescent because it doesn't exist either.

Did I mention £15M? I don't think I did. You did. But it's as spurious as the non-existent shuttle bus.

And I don't talk nothing but drivel? That's unpossible.

Stop being a pompous ass and I'll stop calling you it.

I didn't agree with you, you moron.

Shuttle buses actually do exist. To Pittodrie. Go check.

I love how the stadium getting the go ahead has turned you into a rambling mess. Your pain is delicious.

On 1/29/2018 at 15:30, EdTheDuck said:

OK I don't agree with this move but if we're going to do it, let's do it right.

Make it a place we like going to at least, not as cheap a fucking dump as you can get away with.

Easy access. lots of food & drink concessions, GOOD food & drink and decent views all round and some terracing.

5 minutes ago, Dunty said:

I love how the stadium getting the go ahead has turned you into a rambling mess. Your pain is delicious.

Ohhh unlucky. Close but no cigar.  You really do make a complete arse of yourself over and over again :lol:

7 minutes ago, Dunty said:

I didn't agree with you, you moron.

Shuttle buses actually do exist. To Pittodrie. Go check.

Yes you did, you said it would take 20-25 years. It's another made up number, of course, but it's agreement.

I can;t see the one to Burnbrae Crescent among the THREE park & rides - is that because it doesn't fucking exist? :lol:

17 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Yes you did, you said it would take 20-25 years. It's another made up number, of course, but it's agreement.

I said it would take that if our crowds dropped to 8,000 and stayed like that for 25 years. Most people would accept that is wholly unrealistic, but you strangely seem to be saying me coming up with that is me agreeing with you, so you actually think it is realistic?

Wise up min.

1 minute ago, Dunty said:

I said it would take that if our crowds dropped to 8,000 and stayed like that for 25 years. Most people would accept that is wholly unrealistic, but you strangely seem to be saying me coming up with that is me agreeing with you, so you actually think it is realistic?

Wise up min.

Dear God...

Tell you what, just let it go, OK? Nothing you say is ever going to convince me that this is going to be a good thing and vice versa so pack it in.  No more contact. No more replies. No more nothing.

The End

3 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

Dear God...

Tell you what, just let it go, OK? Nothing you say is ever going to convince me that this is going to be a good thing and vice versa so pack it in.  No more contact. No more replies. No more nothing.

The End

So basically you've made a claim that the stadium will cost us more in the long run, yet when asked to explain how you've to that conclusion, your first attempt was to throw out some insults, and when  that didn't work throw your arms up and make out your non-existent explanation was too difficult to grasp.