The Aberdeen Mega-Hyper New Stadium Thread

46 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

v Partick 17k

v St Mirren 19k

v QOTS 17k

v Dundee Utd 19k

v Hearts 20k

That was just last season, I can go further if you want? Also not including the rest of the home games which were about 14,15k.

Aberdeen average: 

:D

LUL, still trying to think you are relevant.

And yet the season before, 14,400 for a game against rangers, 9,000 versus St Mirren, 10,000 versus QotS etc etc and so on and so forth. It's almost as if the fans had, oh I don't know, jumped on a bandwagon or something. Fans are fickle. A few seasons in the Prem's mid-table, maybe a few bottom 6 finishes, early cup exits and those 'returned' fans will disappear like sna aff a dyke.

Over the last 25 years when, I think we can pretty much agree, Aberdeen have fairly stunk the place up most of the time, their average attendance is about 1,000 more than Hibs (nearly half a million more people through the gates in total).

Over the same period Hearts average is about 1,500 more than Aberdeen and nearly 2,500 more than Hibs.

There. Here endeth #crowdwank

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'm putting this Edinburgh slavering down to that "sauce" that they put on their fucking chips down there.

Says someone who no doubt calls it a chipper and ends every other word with -ie.

20k is probably perfect, because we can sell it out 5-6 times a season

I don't think that's right. We went for years without a sellout when we were pish. We'd get 17-18,000 for Rangers games and 15-16,000 for Celtic games. We've had a few sellouts recently - first game against Sevco, big European games, the odd game against Celtic when we've genuinely been challenging them at the top, but 5 or 6 sellouts a season? Nah.

I went to a Scottish Cup QF against Celtic when Calderwood was in charge (de Visscher had a shocker but scored, they got a late equaliser) and the crowd was under 11,000, including a decent away support. Is that normal for the Dons, or is the current situation, winning most of our games, scoring goals and playing decent fitba under a talented well-liked manager, normal?

What happens when McInnes moves on and his squad falls apart and we get a fucking banger of a manager who everyone hates and we're pish again, and it costs 30 quid to get into the new ground because they've "rolled the cost of the (45 minutes each way) bus journey into the cost of the ticket for your convenience"?

(I'm happy to be corrected on the above crowd figures BTW)

4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

The junction with the A90 at Stonehaven will be a bottleneck. 

I had thought Aberdeen were looking at Wellington Road and places to the south as a new stadia site, didn't realise it had been binned for Westhill. 

Quite clearly it will start-off the same as the A96 - a clutter-free road that will rapidly descend into a clusterfuck.

I already asked but it appears no-one has answered the question - Will the existing exhibition centre site not be available once the new AECC is opened, it appears that the site would be about 3 times the amount of ground they have and also addition land may be available from Gordon barracks.

23 minutes ago, resk said:

I don't think that's right. We went for years without a sellout when we were pish. We'd get 17-18,000 for Rangers games and 15-16,000 for Celtic games. We've had a few sellouts recently - first game against Sevco, big European games, the odd game against Celtic when we've genuinely been challenging them at the top, but 5 or 6 sellouts a season? Nah.

I went to a Scottish Cup QF against Celtic when Calderwood was in charge (de Visscher had a shocker but scored, they got a late equaliser) and the crowd was under 11,000, including a decent away support. Is that normal for the Dons, or is the current situation, winning most of our games, scoring goals and playing decent fitba under a talented well-liked manager, normal?

What happens when McInnes moves on and his squad falls apart and we get a fucking banger of a manager who everyone hates and we're pish again, and it costs 30 quid to get into the new ground because they've "rolled the cost of the (45 minutes each way) bus journey into the cost of the ticket for your convenience"?

(I'm happy to be corrected on the above crowd figures BTW)

If anything you over-stated the attendances versus the OF(d) - latterly under Paw Broon 12,000 and 13,000 was the order of the day. I remember that cup game against Celtic too, Dackie got the winner in the replay and that led us directly into the nightmare that was QotS in the semi-final

Ha!

You had to laugh, eh?

Agree completely with your thoughts too. I have no faith in the boardroom incumbents to replace McInnes like for like. Their record up til now has been abysmal, Deek is an exception to the rule

11 minutes ago, strichener said:

Quite clearly it will start-off the same as the A96 - a clutter-free road that will rapidly descend into a clusterfuck.

I already asked but it appears no-one has answered the question - Will the existing exhibition centre site not be available once the new AECC is opened, it appears that the site would be about 3 times the amount of ground they have and also addition land may be available from Gordon barracks.

There's already plans for the old AECC

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.asp?lID=64900&sID=2991

If you go to page 11, in the section entitled "other uses" there is, plain as day, "football stadium"

Edited by EdTheDuck

4 hours ago, gazelle said:

Hibs fans going on about attendances, what next.  Would be interesting to see what kind of promotion attendance bounce we would get, if of course we were ever to be relegated. 

Are you not one of the teams in Premier League history not to be relegated on a technicality?

1 minute ago, Killiefan said:

Are you not one of the teams in Premier League history not to be relegated on a technicality?

No

Aberdeen avoided a 3-team playoff involving themselves, Dunfermline & Falkirk because Falkirk did not have a stadium that met SPL criteria.

The playoff would have seen 2 out of 3 go into the SPL as it was expanding to 12 from 10 teams. As Falkirk had not built a suitable stadium they were excluded from the playoff and Dunfermline & Aberdeen took the 2 SPL places.

HTH

2 minutes ago, EdTheDuck said:

No

Aberdeen avoided a 3-team playoff involving themselves, Dunfermline & Falkirk because Falkirk did not have a stadium that met SPL criteria.

The playoff would have seen 2 out of 3 go into the SPL as it was expanding to 12 from 10 teams. As Falkirk had not built a suitable stadium they were excluded from the playoff and Dunfermline & Aberdeen took the 2 SPL places.

HTH

How fortunate 

2 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

How fortunate 

You think? Aberdeen knocked Falkirk and St Mirren (the division 1 champions) out of the 2 national KO tournaments that season en route to both finals. Suggests they were fit for them to be honest.

Just now, EdTheDuck said:

You think? Aberdeen knocked Falkirk and St Mirren (the division 1 champions) out of the 2 national KO tournaments that season en route to both finals. Suggests they were fit for them to be honest.

Yes, what a great team they were in these days.