Morton v Dunfermline - 03/02/18

1 minute ago, Tetragrammaton said:

Oh! dear. The Balloon can't congratulate the team and manager for their recent excellent results. Says it all!

Yes, I can, but I can also call you a complete and utter fanny.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a serious note, I'm not sure where the daylight robbery comments are coming from. While we've played better without winning this season, I thought we were the better team in the second half and just about deserved to win it. Dunfermline had their chances too with our defence not looking convincing and while you can argue a draw would have been a fair result, it's not like they were completely dominating and battering away at our defence. They weren't good enough to capitalise on our mistakes but we took advantage of theirs: that's not bad luck on their part and they've no one to blame but themselves.

For all that the focus is on Robinson's clownshoes contribution at the winner, it was excellent composure from McHugh to look up and place the cutback rather than rushing a shot as many players would have done in the same position.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

On a serious note, I'm not sure where the daylight robbery comments are coming from. While we've played better without winning this season, I thought we were the better team in the second half and just about deserved to win it. Dunfermline had their chances too with our defence not looking convincing and while you can argue a draw would have been a fair result, it's not like they were completely dominating and battering away at our defence. They weren't good enough to capitalise on our mistakes but we took advantage of theirs: that's not bad luck on their part and they've no one to blame but themselves.

For all that the focus is on Robinson's clownshoes contribution at the winner, it was excellent composure from McHugh to look up and place the cutback rather than rushing a shot as many players would have done in the same position.

FFS! I actually agree with you.

A Dunfermline winner would’ve been robbery too in my opinion. Both teams were equally poor in possession really, I wouldn’t say we looked any better than them in either half. It’s probably the timing of the goal rather than performance that makes it feel like theft to get 3 points from that performance.

On the positives, Iredale looks so much more composed than Russell, defensively and going forward.

That was actually quite an entertaining game. Not great football on display but open and end-to-end. I said to my mate I thought a winner was most likely to come from calamity defending and so it transpired in the end. Sweet.

Archived