Glaswegians

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glasgow is the best city in the UK and it's people are salt of the earth.
None of this backwater, teuchter, No voting, Westminster kowtowing shitebags you get everywhere else in Scotland.
^^has never actually left Glasgow.

I like the city, but too many of the people are c***s. You seem like one of them.

Having lived in various places across Scotland, including Glasgow, there’s definitely an air of misplaced arrogance around them.

Especially noticeable when you take them out of their natural habitat, somewhere like Inverness, and they’re significantly louder than everyone around them. A natural compulsion to give it the big man wherever they go.

And considering the “patter” which they constantly congratulate themselves on, they get hoora defensive (and go red in the face) when you give a bit back.

But aye, they’re generally good folk, if taken with a pinch of salt.

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

^^has never actually left Glasgow.

I like the city, but too many of the people are c***s. You seem like one of them.

He moved 5 thousand miles away as soon as he got the chance.

25 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Having lived in various places across Scotland, including Glasgow, there’s definitely an air of misplaced arrogance around them.

Especially noticeable when you take them out of their natural habitat, somewhere like Inverness, and they’re significantly louder than everyone around them. A natural compulsion to give it the big man wherever they go.

And considering the “patter” which they constantly congratulate themselves on, they get hoora defensive (and go red in the face) when you give a bit back.

But aye, they’re generally good folk, if taken with a pinch of salt.

It's weird how they have to announce where they're from without being asked, and as if it explains something very profound about who they are. "Never mind eh." is my usual response before the stabbing.

*OFF TOPIC* apologies.

Where does Teuchterville begin for central belt/west coasters? I was referred to as a Teuchter at the weekend and I'm from outside Dundee, basically sound like Christian Dailly - refined, polite-ish Dundonian-ish but not that broad - the other one called me ALBA. They didn't seem to know anything outside Glasgow and we're all Teuchters from Falkirk upwards :)

Then got chatting to an American from Rhode Island who had been studying in Scotland for 4 years and said that people from Dundee/Angus and Glasgow/west coast ''sound the most Scottish even if the two accents are too similar'' Is that true for you too? I was a bit baffled by it ; but he seemed a nice man.

I do like Glasgow though, half my family are from there and find the people can be both incredibly charming and/or angry ; sometimes at the same time. The people are definitely more chatty in my experience as well compared to the likes of Aberdeen, Perth, Edinburgh etc.

Archived