Glaswegians

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Love Glasgow. 

Like Edinburgh for a visit as well, although if you prefer Edinburgh to Scotland’s biggest and best city, then pack up and move to England. Basically a bigger Edinburgh.

Why anyone has mentioned any of the other utter irrelevances I have no idea (Dundee ffs).

Taking a linear approach to the population census data from circa the 1950s would suggest Edinburgh takes over as the largest population sometime in the next decade or so.    Space in Edinburgh is limited to the north and east by water so I doubt it will ever happen.    

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure whats more cringey... People arguing about/taking some sort of credit for the place they live, or people from several miles outwith Glasgow trying to get in on the act.

Quick check of google maps would indicate I can drive into the centre of Glasgow from Larbert faster than someone from Greenock can.

Seems to me like living in a leafy suburb close to the Glasgow/Edinburgh rail line and about 2 minutes drive away from the motorways East and West is about right, since I have easy routes to anywhere I need and more importantly, dont have to stay there.

Congratulations Larbert/Stenhousemuir dwellers of P&B. Winners. (Polmont dwellers may also take a bow)

Worked in Edinburgh for a year, quite liked the place. Been working in Glasgow for 3 years and prefer it. The short commute helps I guess. Can't be arsed going through each cities good and bad points. However I reckon Edinburgh would be nicer to live in.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure whats more cringey... People arguing about/taking some sort of credit for the place they live, or people from several miles outwith Glasgow trying to get in on the act.

Quick check of google maps would indicate I can drive into the centre of Glasgow from Larbert faster than someone from Greenock can.

Seems to me like living in a leafy suburb close to the Glasgow/Edinburgh rail line and about 2 minutes drive away from the motorways East and West is about right, since I have easy routes to anywhere I need and more importantly, dont have to stay there.

Congratulations Larbert/Stenhousemuir dwellers of P&B. Winners. (Polmont dwellers may also take a bow)

Fucking hell, the Ambassador for Lilliput is wading in.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well said 8)

Glasgow is comparable to places like Newcastle or Sheffield. Big former industrial towns. Comparing it to Edinburgh is like saying “Who is best; Grado or Floyd Mayweather?”. Each have their respective admirers but they operate in different stratospheres. 

47 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

Worked in Edinburgh for a year, quite liked the place. Been working in Glasgow for 3 years and prefer it. The short commute helps I guess. Can't be arsed going through each cities good and bad points. However I reckon Edinburgh would be nicer to live in.

I far prefer Edinburgh to Glasgow.  Royal Mile, Princess Street, Water of Leith, Stockbridge, the Meadows, Old Leith; all lovely places to stroll around.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I far prefer Edinburgh to Glasgow.  Royal Mile, Princess Street, Water of Leith, Stockbridge, the Meadows, Old Leith; all lovely places to stroll around.

Granny may be a violent old alcoholic but he is clearly a man of good taste.

Archived