The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

27 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's interesting to contrast some of the attitudes towards this Final from the respective fans, and if Dumbarton supporters seem 'enthralled' then that's exactly what we are.  I've supported Sons since 1960 and in that time I've seen us play in six 'serious' Cup Semi-Finals; Saturday however will be the first time that I will be able to attend a 'big' Final in which my team are participants, wave my flag, ogle the cheerleaders, shout myself hoarse and generally have a slightly out of body experience.

Inverness are now a middle-order Scottish club with some very notable achievements; our historically natural constituency though is with Alloa,  Albion Rovers and Cowden so I encourage every young Sons fan to not only be there on Saturday, but to drag your family and mates with you, as these occasions are for us very, very rare indeed.

Everyone - enjoy !

Agree with everything in you post here OK3. I think the difference with Inverness is that they are genuinely worried about there current league position and have been spoiled by cup success in recent years so view this in a completely different light to us who have had to wait 121 years.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I'm actually glad it's being played now before the run-in. Our manager is massive on momentum and confidence - winning the cup final this weekend would make that 3 wins a row and could very well get us going on the run that keeps us up, or at the very least give the entire squad the belief that they can catch ICT in the league.

This is the narrative that slowly dawned on me at the weekend. It's absolutely harrowing to see it written down, especially next to your creepy avatar. 

2 minutes ago, CaleyStan said:

This is the narrative that slowly dawned on me at the weekend. It's absolutely harrowing to see it written down, especially next to your creepy avatar. 

Good. Perhaps I'll print off 2,000 Levon Helm masks for this weekend and have all of you harrowing in your pants.

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Good. Perhaps I'll print off 2,000 Levon Helm masks for this weekend and have all of you harrowing in your pants.

Is that who it is? Would never have guessed. Got virtually all their albums but didn't recognise him

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This one with Brendan Rodgers' teeth might be scarier. 

image.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Is that who it is? Would never have guessed. Got virtually all their albums but didn't recognise him

It is indeed.

Just now, CaleyStan said:

This one with Brendan Rodgers' teeth might be scarier. 

image.jpeg

All those drugs and chemotherapy and still had gnashers like that. A true legend.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's interesting to contrast some of the attitudes towards this Final from the respective fans, and if Dumbarton supporters seem 'enthralled' then that's exactly what we are.  I've supported Sons since 1960 and in that time I've seen us play in six 'serious' Cup Semi-Finals; Saturday however will be the first time that I will be able to attend a 'big' Final in which my team are participants, wave my flag, ogle the cheerleaders, shout myself hoarse and generally have a slightly out of body experience.

Inverness are now a middle-order Scottish club with some very notable achievements; our historically natural constituency though is with Alloa,  Albion Rovers and Cowden so I encourage every young Sons fan to not only be there on Saturday, but to drag your family and mates with you, as these occasions are for us very, very rare indeed.

Everyone - enjoy !

You including replays in that six?

9 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

We would have won the first hearts game if Walter Smith had not missed a sitter.

We would have won the second Hearts game if Walter Smith had not scored an o.g.

Was it not Hugh McLean or Jim Cook that missed the sitter in the first game?

We might have won the Celtic replay if the linesman and ref hadn't missed the ball going out of play from Celtic's corner that they scored from in extra time! :whistle

2 hours ago, H Wragg said:

What were your games against Celtic and Hearts?

Although the answer has already been given,  in 1970 Sons beat Thistle in the quarter final of the league cup and in 1976 beat Thistle after a replay in I think the 4th round of the Scottish.

I’m nursing a semi here at the thought of a sea of black and gold across half of McDiarmid Park. Will there be a pay at the gate on the day? I can imagine a good few Perth folks would rock up on the day if so. If there is a PATG I will sound the klaxon across Facebook.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m nursing a semi here at the thought of a sea of black and gold across half of McDiarmid Park. Will there be a pay at the gate on the day? I can imagine a good few Perth folks would rock up on the day if so. If there is a PATG I will sound the klaxon across Facebook.

There should be, it's not close to selling out.

Although the answer has already been given,  in 1970 Sons beat Thistle in the quarter final of the league cup and in 1976 beat Thistle after a replay in I think the 4th round of the Scottish.

So glad you lost both the semis then! [emoji56]

Archived