The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure how many we took to Airdrie, I got the train that day. I think we took 8 buses through to Cowdenbeath for the 0-0 the season we won the 3rd Division? It'd be great if we could fill 10. Thanks for making me feel old though, fucking 11 at Annan? Christ.

Paddy will probably be managing Mid Annandale that day, Prunts most likely playing too.  

I was living in Edinburgh at the time of the Airdrie playoff. I arrived in my car just as a convoy of 4 buses was pulling in, and I'm sure there was at least another 1 or 2 already parked.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mon the Sons.

We've won this tinpot, err, pot 4 times now and I absolutely loved every one. The Challenge Cup is a competition to be treasured among Scotland's real football clubs so I've no time for those who'd do away with it or feign disinterest.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Slightly frustrating that tickets are delayed whilst the club works hard to promote the game. It's a cup final for f**k sake.

I did see the club say they'd make sure fans can purchase them "easily". I'm not sure whether that means online sales (unlikely given the amount of time and lack of resources we have) or whether it will just be extended opening hours to let folk get down to the stadium after work.

The club are doing a great job of pushing the event, lets hope the incompetence of the SPFL doesn't adversely affect the attendance. On another note I've seen very little on their social media channels about it either.

Surely tickets will be on sale on the day of the game. We're talking about a crowd of 3-4,000 in a 10,000 capacity stadium

Someone on b&w said the fans will be in 3 stands and the empty 1 is the 1 facing the main stand. Surely the tv cameras are not going to facing a empty stand [emoji54]

I think they are going to move the camera vantage point to the stand opposite the main stand for the final.

Just now, DumbartonTheSons said:

Cool, cheers.

I presume most folk will be in the main stand (I.e the noise-making onesemoji1303.png) and overspill or those buying tickets a bit later in the Ormond?

I'm just trying to make sure I'm in the same area as the Swiss boys. Quite how I'm going to do that, I don't know yet.

3 hours ago, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

I think they are going to move the camera vantage point to the stand opposite the main stand for the final.

That makes sense then why the fans are in the main stand.

The differences in approach to this game from the two sides is startling.

Dumbarton:

Pushing the boat out for this game with promos
Nine buses full already
Good wee promotional video to get the fans pumped up

ICT:

Some mugs with Irn Bru Challenge Cup Final stamped on the side.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

Dumbarton:

Nine buses full already

ICT:

You're still doing way more than the SPFL at the moment to promote this thing... 

• Make folk buy a ticket for a match that will be nowhere near capacity.
  • Be unable to provide tickets to the 2 finalists with just shy of a fortnight to go.

Amateur hour stuff from the blazers.

Dumbarton:

Nine buses full already

ICT:

Given this looks to be the highlight of your season I'm quite surprised the club isn't trying to make the most of it.

Archived