The 2018 Challenge cup final.

microdave

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Thechicogibsonexperience said:

Sounds ace, a real anthem.

Any other Sons tunes that could be played pre match?

KC and Sunshine Band - give it up
The Corries - Dumbarton’s Drums
Neil Grant - Down at the Rock
Midge Ure/DFC - The Sons we’re the Ones

It would be nice to hear the PA at the ground belting out the George Harrison classic Here Comes The Sons or even you are my Sonshine. 

From the ICT Facebook account:

Lots of ICTFC fans asking us when the tickets will be on sale for the Irn Bru Final. The SPFL have informed us that they hope to have everything in place by early next week, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you for your patience and we will get the information out to you as soon as we can.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

A delay at the printers apparently means tickets won't be available until the end of this week. 

ICT have said that the bad weather has caused a delay in getting the tickets up north so they won't be on sale until next week. There seems to be a total lack of interest in this game from a few ICT fans I know. Granted it's not the biggest final we've played in but given how both sides have fared this season the chance to win a wee bit of silverware isn't to be turned down.

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

ICT have said that the bad weather has caused a delay in getting the tickets up north so they won't be on sale until next week. There seems to be a total lack of interest in this game from a few ICT fans I know. Granted it's not the biggest final we've played in but given how both sides have fared this season the chance to win a wee bit of silverware isn't to be turned down.

I'm surprised it's taken the SPFL so long to sort the tickets, fans will have less than 2 weeks to sort out tickets.  When you consider that both finalists have been known for nearly 3 weeks I'm not sure what the hold up was.  Huge interest from Dumbarton's side, I believe we have 7 or 8 buses full already (possibly more as it's been a week or so since I last heard how it was going) and a flight containing our Swiss Supporters club.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'm surprised it's taken the SPFL so long to sort the tickets, fans will have less than 2 weeks to sort out tickets.  When you consider that both finalists have been known for nearly 3 weeks I'm not sure what the hold up was.  Huge interest from Dumbarton's side, I believe we have 7 or 8 buses full already (possibly more as it's been a week or so since I last heard how it was going) and a flight containing our Swiss Supporters club.

Hadn't realised that. That's absolutely tremendous.

I remember my Dad telling me to get a picture of the (five?) buses leaving Airdrie after the playoffs, because "It's unlikely you'll see that amount of Dumbarton buses again for a long time." I've got that picture on a USB somewhere in the house.

I'm stupidly excited for it. It's like being 14 at the playoffs, or 11 in Annan all over again. 

Lets get King Patrick (of Flannery), Sir Bryan (of Prunty) and Wan Pat (of Walker) into the Sons end for this. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The incompetence of the SPFL doesn't surprise me anymore.

I suspect our fans will patch the bus in favour of some #cans on the train to Perth that day. I'm hopefully we could take a couple of thousand but I wouldn't be surprised if we take as little as 1,500. Our support must be one of the most apathetic in the league.

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Hadn't realised that. That's absolutely tremendous.

I remember my Dad telling me to get a picture of the (five?) buses leaving Airdrie after the playoffs, because "It's unlikely you'll see that amount of Dumbarton buses again for a long time." I've got that picture on a USB somewhere in the house.

I'm stupidly excited for it. It's like being 14 at the playoffs, or 11 in Annan all over again. 

Lets get King Patrick (of Flannery), Sir Bryan (of Prunty) and Wan Pat (of Walker) into the Sons end for this. 

Not sure how many we took to Airdrie, I got the train that day. I think we took 8 buses through to Cowdenbeath for the 0-0 the season we won the 3rd Division? It'd be great if we could fill 10. Thanks for making me feel old though, fucking 11 at Annan? Christ.

Paddy will probably be managing Mid Annandale that day, Prunts most likely playing too.  

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure how many we took to Airdrie, I got the train that day. I think we took 8 buses through to Cowdenbeath for the 0-0 the season we won the 3rd Division? It'd be great if we could fill 10. Thanks for making me feel old though, fucking 11 at Annan? Christ.

Paddy will probably be managing Mid Annandale that day, Prunts most likely playing too.  

In my excitement I forgot that other football exists.

I was in Newcastle the weekend of the Cowden game, and followed it via 'Orange World' updates on my Dad's Nokia. Them were the days - I've never felt tension like it :lol:.

If it makes you feel better I was 12 a couple of months after the Annan game. Parading into primary with my copy of the Lennox* showing everyone that we were champions was one of my most treasured moments from school. Between that and swapping Gavin Rae for the cup in the 2004 SPL sticker album.

Spoiler

*I think it may have actually been another local Dumbarton paper...but the name of it escapes me at the moment :ph34r:

Slightly frustrating that tickets are delayed whilst the club works hard to promote the game. It's a cup final for f**k sake.

I did see the club say they'd make sure fans can purchase them "easily". I'm not sure whether that means online sales (unlikely given the amount of time and lack of resources we have) or whether it will just be extended opening hours to let folk get down to the stadium after work.

The club are doing a great job of pushing the event, lets hope the incompetence of the SPFL doesn't adversely affect the attendance. On another note I've seen very little on their social media channels about it either.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Slightly frustrating that tickets are delayed whilst the club works hard to promote the game. It's a cup final for f**k sake.

I did see the club say they'd make sure fans can purchase them "easily". I'm not sure whether that means online sales (unlikely given the amount of time and lack of resources we have) or whether it will just be extended opening hours to let folk get down to the stadium after work.

The club are doing a great job of pushing the event, lets hope the incompetence of the SPFL doesn't adversely affect the attendance. On another note I've seen very little on their social media channels about it either.

I suspect they'll open the stadium later, club don't seem too worried about the delay so hopefully it will be fine.  The SPFL won't start doing promotion until the week of the game and even then it will consist of a video of Froxy's free kick and an Inverness goal from their semi-final.

Archived