Mcfadden

Gin and Juice

i dont think that the amount of goals scored by a player really counts anymore. it just seems like we play a lot more games than we used to!!!

look at the english, would michael owen even be near linekars record if it wasnt for excess qualifying games and friendlies??!! I doubt it!!

Guest Spanky Rodriguez
tbh he shouldnt even be near the first team just now, untill he starts getting a proper game for any team he should be left out the squad.

theres no doubting he has talent , but he needs a game every week and i dont think he'll get that at everton

711490[/snapback]

He's been starting the last few weeks at Everton although i don't know for how much longer because apparently he's been poor (although who hasn't at Everton?) and you know what they're like in England, if in doubt just drop the Scottish guy. It probably doesn't help that he's playing with crap like Phil Neville and Marcus Bent every week.

Saying that though i cant see him getting to 32 goals for Scotland. By my calculations he needs another 24 goals which on the average goals to games ratio that he's got just now would take him about another 70-75 games. I really can't see him improving this ratio of 1 goal every 3 games or see him playing another 70 odd games at international level. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and get there but i just can't see it.

He's been starting the last few weeks at Everton although i don't know for how much longer because apparently he's been poor (although who hasn't at Everton?) and you know what they're like in England, if in doubt just drop the Scottish guy. It probably doesn't help that he's playing with crap like Phil Neville and Marcus Bent every week.

Saying that though i cant see him getting to 32 goals for Scotland. By my calculations he needs another 24 goals which on the average goals to games ratio that he's got just now would take him about another 70-75 games. I really can't see him improving this ratio of 1 goal every 3 games or see him playing another 70 odd games at international level. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong and get there but i just can't see it.

711550[/snapback]

From what I heard he's been one of Evertons better performers. :unsure:

Since he's got a run in the team, he's been playing well at Goodison. It's tyhe majority of the pther players who have let the side down. Marcus Bent should be nowhere near that level, and james Beattie hasnae been fit since he went there. As for Big Dunc, he hasnae got a full 90mins in him anymore, so it's difficult for faddy.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez
Since he's got a run in the team, he's been playing well at Goodison. It's tyhe majority of the pther players who have let the side down. Marcus Bent should be nowhere near that level, and james Beattie hasnae been fit since he went there. As for Big Dunc, he hasnae got a full 90mins in him anymore, so it's difficult for faddy.

711766[/snapback]

I feel i must apologise to Jimmy McFadden for saying that he has been playing poorly for Everton. I just heard that Everton fans weren't happy with him. Sounds like typical English fans, if theres a player in the team to blame, blame the Scottish lad despite the fact theres plenty of other players in the Everton side who are bloody hopeless. The same is happening at Man United with Fletcher.

Yep, but after today's news they'll have to put up with Fletch until 2009 :D:lol:

711924[/snapback]

He;s a decent player, but shouldn't be anywhere near a Man Utd first XI.

He is one of the reasons that they are miles behind Chelsea - just isn't up to it at that kind of level.

Anyone remember Liam Miller? Dont think he'll be there much longer...

He;s a decent player, but shouldn't be anywhere near a Man Utd first XI.

He is one of the reasons that they are miles behind Chelsea - just isn't up to it at that kind of level.

Anyone remember Liam Miller? Dont think he'll be there much longer...

711946[/snapback]

Agree he is possibly not up to that standard but he is playing at least as good as smith and scholes who play in the same position so in that way deserves to be in the team. He is also young and has the opportunity to improve.

If mcfadden moved to the spl and got a regular game then I think he would be the best player in the league.

Fletcher seems to play better for man utd than with scotland and to blame him for man utd being behind chelsea is ludacris, bags of potential and playing amongst other top class players will only improve him. We should be happy he's playing and not saying that he simply isnt good enough.

Archived