Masterchef

The Naitch

16 hours ago, The Naitch said:

He looks an utter twat in that baseball cap.

Forrest had a strong start to the week but those were two pretty lazy dishes last night so not surprised to see him go.

Dried noodles, lobster and cheddar cheese sauce wouldn’t have got him through the first task, so I’m not sure why he thought he could put it out there for a quarter final place.

On 27/04/2023 at 20:57, The Naitch said:

Linda is a star. That arancini looked amazing.

Catching up now. Linda doing well. The vegan guy was very punch in faceable. 

Owen will struggle when not cooking things he's practiced. Last week he'd been out before now.

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Gutting news that Jock Zonfrillo the host of Australian Masterchef has died at age 46. 

Found dead in his hotel room. Appears potentially suicide. 

The new series was due to air in Australia today, also. Now been pushed back. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

The new series was due to air in Australia today, also. Now been pushed back. 

Yeah saw that. Think they will probably canx it tbh. Can’t see Andy and Mel wanting to carry on without him.

3 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Gutting news that Jock Zonfrillo the host of Australian Masterchef has died at age 46. 

Absolutely gutted about Jock. Never bothered about UK Masterchef but love Masterchef Australia. Devastating for Mel, Andy and, obviously, his family.

Just now, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Absolutely gutted about Jock. Never bothered about UK Masterchef but love Masterchef Australia. Devastating for Mel, Andy and, obviously, his family.

I’m the exact same. Don’t watch the UK and the Aus is a mile better. This will devastate the show and of course his family.

8 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Just saw it on BBC news, really sad news. It's a career, both chef and TV that can torment people. I noticed the Oz report had helplines listed which would make you think suicide.

21 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Just saw it on BBC news, really sad news. It's a career, both chef and TV that can torment people. I noticed the Oz report had helplines listed which would make you think suicide.

Yeah, I read it was following a welfare check he was found. Everything is pointing to taking his own life. Sad sad news.

18 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Yeah, I read it was following a welfare check he was found. Everything is pointing to taking his own life. Sad sad news.

He's been very open about his struggles with addiction and mental health. 

23 minutes ago, RH33 said:

He's been very open about his struggles with addiction and mental health. 

Yeah, I’ve read bits and pieces about it. He always came as very positive aswell. Just shows you how quickly things can turn. 

11 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Yeah, the standard was pretty poor. Uncooked meat all over the place.

Barely cooked salmon?  I have no idea how that guy in the waistcoat got through the auditions.  He then followed that up with overcooked hake.   I genuinely could have done better myself.