Masterchef

The Naitch

4 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

It’s the only place I’ve ever struggled to get a table. I went to Gordon Ramsay at royal hospital road last year and was speaking to the Maitre d’. We’re discussing other restaurants and I mentioned that I’d been trying to get a table at Core for over a year and he said it’s the hardest place in London to get a booking for.

Back on topic, does anyone find it strange all the rings Omar wears when cooking? Surely there’s hygiene issues in prepping food with them big things on his fingers 

YES!!!

I work in food safety - I see this shit every day on TV and it drives me mental!

20 hours ago, The Naitch said:

They all done superbly well tonight but so chuffed for Chariya.

She nearly swore when they announced her as the winner, love it.

Even Omar pulled out a classic.  I’d have loved to hear much more of the judging than the half hour of personal pish that precedes the ten minutes of cooking action.  

As high quality a final as I can remember.  

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Not a bad start to the competition. That one who makes her own plates needs to dial it down a bit though.

Thought the first heat was pretty meh.  Or at least, no obvious champion or even finalist from those who have taken part so far.  

Monday’s heat was poor but the next episode has been more promising.

They’ve put the full week’s episodes on iPlayer for anyone who wants to watch ahead of time.

On 09/04/2024 at 19:28, The Naitch said:

Monday’s heat was poor but the next episode has been more promising.

They’ve put the full week’s episodes on iPlayer for anyone who wants to watch ahead of time.

Complete meltdowns across the board in the winners’ table round at the start of heat two. 

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

I'm watching out of habit but there really isn't anyone shining through as a missed talent.

Yeah. The vegetarian woman seems probably the best but I don’t think she has the range of a finalist.  There’s nobody you’d say ‘sure fire final three” at this point. 

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. The vegetarian woman seems probably the best but I don’t think she has the range of a finalist.  There’s nobody you’d say ‘sure fire final three” at this point. 

Needs new format or hosts or something. I used to watch the Australian version but haven't last season and managed ten min us one before I wanted smash TV.

Still a few more heats to go but quality hasn’t been the best so far.

Tom needs to chill out a bit, he seems to have a constant manic look on his face.

Just watched this week’s episodes…

Spoiler

George and Vera are the stand outs of the competition so far. They’ll go far*

*watch them get chucked out at the next stage

10 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Just watched this week’s episodes…

Reveal hidden contents

George and Vera are the stand outs of the competition so far. They’ll go far*

*watch them get chucked out at the next stage

Did have to laugh at the woman cutting her finger a minute into the first round of the first episode.