WrestleMania 34

JamieStevenson

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

The cruiserweight title and both battle royal matches will be on the kick off show. Can’t say I’m too surprised.

Confirmed or just your feelings on it?  2 of those 3 are absolute nailed-on pre-show, but see the Women's Battle Royal making the main just since it's the first.  It's not easy to pick which match goes on if that doesn't though, maybe the US Title.

Fair enough decision.  If they were to move the Women's one to the main show, it's not really clear what replaces it, as they've managed to put together a very strong card.  I expect given the way Cena/Taker has gone, that we may get some hee-layr-eeus skits with Cena early on as a last minute push to get buys, plus you've got to play every promo forty times and have Booker T shuck his way through some words.

So Ziggler vacated the US Title for a shot at headlining Wrestlemania.

He'll be on the pre-shiw in the meaningless ÀTGMBR whilst the US Title match is on the main card.

In storyline terms, he's come out looking like a bit of a tit

What are thoughts on how they're going to wangle Cena -Taker?
I'm predicting some gubbins like Cena continues calling him out, goes to a shot somewhere or other of Taker's pile of gear he left in the ring last year and his hand reaching down to pick it up. Or something, f**k knows.
Or he'll just come out. Dunno

I'm predicting some gubbins like Cena continues calling him out, goes to a shot somewhere or other of Taker's pile of gear he left in the ring last year and his hand reaching down to pick it up. Or something, f**k knows.

Turns up on a RAW in two months time.

“I’m really sorry Cena lad. I was DVR’ing RAW and only just got caught up. I’ve really dropped the ball on this one. My bad.”

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

He’ll just come out. Cena will get promo time. Gong. Done.

11 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Does anyone actually want to see Taker v Cena?

I did.  I'd have rather they built it up naturally rather than what they've done, and I reserve the right to change my mind if it ends up that Taker is in as bad a shape as last year.  By all accounts he seems to be moving and feeling a lot better, so I have faith that the two of them can put on a good - if not great - match.

Guest bernardblack

Huge feeling taker won't be wrestling which will be a disappointment.

If he was wrestling they'd surely announce it to get more buys (people getting it for free on the network)

There's no way Taker vs Cena is happening at Mania on Sunday. 

Taker isn't even on any of the advertising materials. 

Something will happen that will lead to a career vs career match at Mania 35.

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There's no way Taker vs Cena is happening at Mania on Sunday. 

Taker isn't even on any of the advertising materials. 

Something will happen that will lead to a career vs career match at Mania 35.

While that's completely understandable, I just don't see why they go to all this trouble just to do that.  If the ultimate plan is to do a long term build like that, why start it in the month leading up to WM at all?  Why waste John Cena?  Because although he's not what he used to be, if he gets given the sort of match he can get into, he can still perform to a very high level.  

Only way I can see it is if they originally planned for this year, but Taker hasn't progressed like they hoped.  But if that's the case, would they really set up a year-long build just assuming he'll be better one year down the line?

I'd rather they have jjust organised the match properly, but I am very interested to see how they book themselves out of this on Sunday.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

Only way I can see it is if they originally planned for this year, but Taker hasn't progressed like they hoped.  But if that's the case, would they really set up a year-long build just assuming he'll be better one year down the line?

That's the one lingering doubt for me. I think it's a bit of a desperation thing from WWE because their backup went tits up as well, and they need to give Cena something to do.

Surely they've done it this way to make sure they get a massive pop for the American Bad Ass.

Cena kicks off WM, calls out taker before announcing he'll be sitting in the front row as a fan. Goes to step out the ring...GONG...I AM AN AMERICAN BADASS.....crowd pops like f**k, taker flies down on the bike, gets in and starts throwing haymakers. They have a decent 12 minute match that Cena wins. Cena leaves to let taker get the "thank you taker" chants. Taker gives a wee speech and leaves. Everyone is pumped up and off we go. 

Or something else 

Archived