WrestleMania 34

JamieStevenson

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Surely they've done it this way to make sure they get a massive pop for the American Bad Ass.

Cena kicks off WM, calls out taker before announcing he'll be sitting in the front row as a fan. Goes to step out the ring...GONG...I AM AN AMERICAN BADASS.....crowd pops like f**k, taker flies down on the bike, gets in and starts throwing haymakers. They have a decent 12 minute match that Cena wins. Cena leaves to let taker get the "thank you taker" chants. Taker gives a wee speech and leaves. Everyone is pumped up and off we go. 

Or something else 

No. Just no. American Badass Taker should never be seen again.

Plus he's been in a WWE ring this year as the same Taker he's portrayed since he got rid of the American Badass shit.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Something else. American Badass? There's no need to go back to it unless he utterly destroys Cena for an amazing crowd reaction.

I could easily see Taker destroying Cena in a non-match being exactly how it goes.

The Badass thing though... lots of people seem to think they'll go for that, and I guess it'd be fun to see. But it just doesn't make sense. It's wrestling though, and that's just the way of it much of the time.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

No. Just no. American Badass Taker should never be seen again.

Plus he's been in a WWE ring this year as the same Taker he's portrayed since he got rid of the American Badass shit.

Why? I loved American bad ass and quite frankly I'm just a bit sick of the undertaker gimmick. I think that character is much closer to who Mark Calaway is and just have a feeling he might prefer to go out as himself. 

I think they haven't announced it because to be quite honest, they don't need to.

The card is stacked to f**k with or without Cena vs Taker (and it will happen). Anyone who is buying Mania is doing so for Rousey, Bryan, AJ vs Nakamura......Cena vs Taker isn't going to impact the buys that much. Had it been two years ago when they were decimated with injuries, that would have been a whole different ball game but this card is jam packed with talent already.

The folk questioning whether he’ll be there have been worked into a shoot something awful. He’ll be there.

I’d take him coming out to Rollin, eyeing up Cena and never being seen again mind.

Tbf for all people were decrying how predictable the main event and other aspects of the card were going to be they’ve managed to leave everyone guessing over one of the casual attractions.

Tbf for all people were decrying how predictable the main event and other aspects of the card were going to be they’ve managed to leave everyone guessing over one of the casual attractions.
Aye, for all Mania being the ultimate capture-all event for casual fans, hardcore fans and everything in between, they've got people scratching/banging their heads
American Badass can still bolt. Don't care if that minter Kid Rock is there.

Aye, for all Mania being the ultimate capture-all event for casual fans, hardcore fans and everything in between, they've got people scratching/banging their heads
American Badass can still bolt. Don't care if that minter Kid Rock is there.

My main memory of American Badass is chasing Angle round the arena on a motorcycle which would be amazing if they recreated with Cena.

Just rewatched the 31 match between Reigns and Lesnar...damn that was good.  If we get one even just as good as that one was, I'll be very happy.  It's almost certain Reigns goes over, but as long as it's a decent story told and not just one spear and he wins, then all good.

41 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

It's weird that terms like "mark" and "smark" still get thrown around in a derogatory manner. It's fair dropped off though.

See also; internet fans

I'd say we're all marks, but I always saw smarks as something else entirely, the sort of VL keyboard warriors that you'll get in communities of any group of fans.  The ones that use their own "knowledge" to look down on anyone.  Plenty on this site in football too.  

Archived