League Leaders v Dunfermline

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will @Grant228 be looking for Italian restaurant advice this week? Restaurant chat has been the only thing of note in our recent games so can I kick off with a suggestion of Cardosis? Was there recently with a pal who works in Paisley and it was hard to fault. The antipasto followed by pizza then tiramisu and coffees went down a treat. Was driving so washed down with Moretti zero. 

Will [mention=13347]Grant228[/mention] be looking for Italian restaurant advice this week? Restaurant chat has been the only thing of note in our recent games so can I kick off with a suggestion of Cardosis? Was there recently with a pal who works in Paisley and it was hard to fault. The antipasto followed by pizza then tiramisu and coffees went down a treat. Was driving so washed down with Moretti zero. 
Is that the one owned by mickey b*****d Nutinis family?

Just now, jimmy boo said:
3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
Will [mention=13347]Grant228[/mention] be looking for Italian restaurant advice this week? Restaurant chat has been the only thing of note in our recent games so can I kick off with a suggestion of Cardosis? Was there recently with a pal who works in Paisley and it was hard to fault. The antipasto followed by pizza then tiramisu and coffees went down a treat. Was driving so washed down with Moretti zero. 

Is that the one owned by mickey b*****d Nutinis family?

From the Daily Record...

The Cardosi family, originally from Barga in Tuscany, Italy, and its eateries, are entwined in the threads of Paisley’s history.

Carlo and Maria Cardosi came to the West of Scotland with their four sons in search of a new life back in the 1920s and opened a chip shop.

This West End venture was followed up with the opening of the legendary Cardosi’s Cafe in Causeyside Street.

After 50 years at this spot, the cafe closed in the late 1980s due to the ill health, retirement and death of the brothers.

Then in 2002 Stefano and Riccardo – who are Carlo and Maria’s great grandchildren – opened the popular Cardosi’s Restaurant in Storie Street.

From the Daily Record...

The Cardosi family, originally from Barga in Tuscany, Italy, and its eateries, are entwined in the threads of Paisley’s history.

Carlo and Maria Cardosi came to the West of Scotland with their four sons in search of a new life back in the 1920s and opened a chip shop.

This West End venture was followed up with the opening of the legendary Cardosi’s Cafe in Causeyside Street.

After 50 years at this spot, the cafe closed in the late 1980s due to the ill health, retirement and death of the brothers.

Then in 2002 Stefano and Riccardo – who are Carlo and Maria’s great grandchildren – opened the popular Cardosi’s Restaurant in Storie Street.

It's Castlevecchis next street up. Apologies to Cardosis

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

From the Daily Record...

1976 I was at catering collage and worked part time for the  Cardosi family restaurant up stairs in Causeyside Street all chefs were brought over from northern Italy  one of the chefs killed Roberto Cardosi by stabbing him in the restaurant.. The place was never the same after that. Today it is his son that runs the new place.   On the game a tough one for us. 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Will @Grant228 be looking for Italian restaurant advice this week? Restaurant chat has been the only thing of note in our recent games so can I kick off with a suggestion of Cardosis? Was there recently with a pal who works in Paisley and it was hard to fault. The antipasto followed by pizza then tiramisu and coffees went down a treat. Was driving so washed down with Moretti zero. 

Sadly not this week, that bit of advice will be firnly lodged and not forgotten though. 

Don't think there was much in the last game in Paisley - Saints had the better of the first half and we huffed and puffed but didn't create enough - so it could be another close game especially since we seem to be setting up now to play for a 0-0 and maybe nick something late on. Strange rant earlier about the Pars diving. Cardle has history and McMullan dived in Paisley last season but obviously isn't with us any more. Given Eckerskey in particular has been known to put in a few agricultural challenges, it seems a strange gripe. 0-0 again. AJ to stand with his arms crossed for the entire 90 minutes.

That's a huge problem in this league for us, there's been nothing between us and sides like St Mirren, Dundee Utd or Morton in defeat except that ability to score a winning fucking goal.

Which is incredibly frustrating as I rate McManus highly so far this season and Clark has a natural ability to snuff out chances in the box, whereas last season we had Moffats great link up but laughable goal threat. (ironically I've mentioned Morton, but this season has shown different).

See when we do try play a bit of football, we can be bloody brilliant. See when we lump it aimlessly into channels, we're often Shite. It worked with Fez against the part timers, not so much up here.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

That's a huge problem in this league for us, there's been nothing between us and sides like St Mirren, Dundee Utd or Morton in defeat except that ability to score a winning fucking goal.

Which is incredibly frustrating as I rate McManus highly so far this season and Clark has a natural ability to snuff out chances in the box, whereas last season we had Moffats great link up but laughable goal threat. (ironically I've mentioned Morton, but this season has shown different).

See when we do try play a bit of football, we can be bloody brilliant. See when we lump it aimlessly into channels, we're often Shite. It worked with Fez against the part timers, not so much up here.

For me its a strange one look how you played the first quarter ? What in your opinion changed. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Which is incredibly frustrating as I rate McManus highly so far this season

Why though? 

43 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

For me its a strange one look how you played the first quarter ? What in your opinion changed. 

Cardle was on a fantastic run of form and was absolutely unplayable, he went off injured in our 3-0 game against you at the start of the season and since then we've only beaten one team outside the bottom 3 all season. Maybe a bit simplistic to say it was down to one player but him and Higginbothom were unplayable and that masked allot of weaknesses in the squad that looked pretty obvious from last season. He's tried to rectify some of those problems with his January signings but the arse has well and truly fallen out of us.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He's surpassed my expectations. His signing was very meh, but for example his goal against Falkirk after the new year was in my view Excellent, has good pace and seems a lively player.

He has also surpassed my expectations by a long shot but I'm not sure that him and Clarke work as a pairing at all, while Moffat was fairly dreadful infront of goal he was absolutely superb at linking the midfield to the forward line while McManus is fairly dreadful at it, I think we get taken in by his superb work rate and his off the ball pace, which makes us turn a blind eye to the amount of moves that break down when they get to McManus.

If you play 4-4-2 against us with wingers we would win. Livvy showed in the first game of the season that Nat is too slow. Other teams didn't spot this until after the first round of games and any time a team pressed our non existent midfield we were found out.

I also think having young Smith and McManus upfront was key to our effectiveness as they were mobile and McManus especially running channels meant with the fullbacks and wingers we had three wide players at times down one side. We looked really good going forward and played nice stuff. Our team is a mess now, midfield changed completely, we look tough to breakdown there's now zero creativity. Our captain has been dropped, rightly so and also our keeper has been injured for most of the season again.

To sum up, we relied on an injury prone keeper, a heads gone captain, a slow plodding midfield and two wingers who are notorious for blowing hot and cold. It was a recipe for disaster but for a few games it worked brilliantly. AJ doesn't didn't have the squad depth at the time to change it or imo the tactical nous to adjust to different shapes and formations. We now have a massive ineffective squad with good players who are either benched, played out of position or unfit.

An example of his stupidity was at Livvy. It's 0-0, Livvy get a man sent off with twenty minutes to go and pack the defence and sit in. Surely we need to play two wingers or move a centre half upfront later on? We have our top scorer on the bench (Cardle)alongside Aird who tore Livvy apart in the last game.  AJ says nope, brings on an untried 18 year old winger on loan from Wolves who hasn't played a game at senior level who barely touches the ball. Game peters out with half the pars support leaving with 15 mins to go.

Jack Ross would add ten/fifteen points to our side imo and I could list another five or six games where AJ has made terrible decisions like that.

Maybe we were just fortunate at the start of the season to catch a few teams cold. Cardle was on fire, Higy and Williamson were superb together, McManus and Smith up front were excellent. Teams were buried early on and just got picked off when trying to get back into it. The mojo went once Cardle got injured and Smith was dropped for Clark when he returned from his op. AJ has at least tried to address our problems throughout the season but at the cost of creativity. The January window signings were like Potter's efforts in League One. Just harvest a crop of mediocre players. We could speed up the fixture backlog by fielding two teams simultaneously such is the squad size. 

Archived