League Leaders v Dunfermline

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we were getting well on top just before the penalty award and after that was pretty comfortable. A real roll the sleeves up effort that you need at this point in the season.

Magennis was fantastic and I thought Reilly worked his backside off. His link up play with Cammy Smith has been brilliant this season. Would still rather have him than McManus.

Thought dunfermline could have done so much better if they had been sent out with a bit of ambition 

Joined the AJ out camp. That was horrendous particularly 2nd half.

Didn't really see the penalty clearly but talbots 1st yellow was absolutely ridiculous, at least the red card got Johnston to show his hand, and by bringing on 2 defenders he gave up. The support has turned on him and for the first time very vocal against him. 2 home games coming up and I think without 6 points from them he'll be struggling to even see his contract out.

Aye, that should be AJ gone. It won't be but it certainly should be. 

Since beating Livingston 3-1 on the 21st October, we've won just three games and have picked up 15 points out of a possible 48. Barely 300 fans went through today and the club couldn't even be bothered doing live updates on Twitter and I honestly can't remember the last time that happened.

As has been mentioned, we should be well clear enough of the bottom two but will be nowhere near the top four when it's all said and done. 5th/6th at best now and that's certainly enough to see AJ out the door. Just give Sandy Clark the job until the end of the season; he really can't do much worse.

Mullen and Flynn needed that performance today. Both were fantastic. 

Agreed they were the two standouts today. No failures in the team today. Brechin caused us far more problems than Dunfermline today. Can’t remember Samson having anything to do, caused his own problem today with the backpass first half.

Mullen deserved a goal today, his play was tremendous and first half in particular Flynn was everywhere. Dunfermline didn’t have a clue what to do with our midfield runners today. On the attacks it always seemed to be the case that we had one of Flynn, Smith or Magennis free.

Another game down.

There is always talk about how we are not very good after every game, but we were absolute streets ahead of Dunfermline today. Every player was better than his equivalent in the other team. Livi probably wish they'd played now as that's a bit of pressure on them now midweek. 

Completely agree about Mullen and Flynn. Flynn worked much harder than before and was more positive on the ball, he won loads of headers at set pieces as well. Mullen deserved a goal and would have got one if he wasn't fouled for the penalty. Reilly was a complete pest, that was his best game for a while too. The back four were all solid. MacKenzie looked back to his old self today.

I thought Dunfermline looked panicky in the middle of the park. Not sure if he's out of form but Wedderburn seemed like a big miss based on our previous games this season. Lee Robinson is an oddity and a shite keeper.

Talbots first yellow card was never a fouls against him the boy cradles the ball in his chest while on the floor, obviously I couldn’t see the penalty so not sure if it deserved another booking. Not sure AJ brought on Martin for McManus when Williamson was providing no threat and 3 at the back would of been more sensible after going 1 down and to ten men. Then for him to bring on Morris a defender while 2-0 was just crazy I could see he wanted Williamson and Martin further forwards but it hadn’t worked all game it wasn’t going to in the last 15. And if he had wanted to play 5 at the back at least take off Vincent who was pretty awful again. The only pars player who got a pass mark for me was Ashcroft. I now can’t see anyway AJ can keep his job but I wouldn’t go as far as for the boy saying the Jim Leish should take over till the end of the season [emoji23]

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Talbots first yellow card was never a fouls against him the boy cradles the ball in his chest while on the floor, obviously I couldn’t see the penalty so not sure if it deserved another booking. Not sure AJ brought on Martin for McManus when Williamson was providing no threat and 3 at the back would of been more sensible after going 1 down and to ten men. Then for him to bring on Morris a defender while 2-0 was just crazy I could see he wanted Williamson and Martin further forwards but it hadn’t worked all game it wasn’t going to in the last 15. And if he had wanted to play 5 at the back at least take off Vincent who was pretty awful again. The only pars player who got a pass mark for me was Ashcroft. I now can’t see anyway AJ can keep his job but I wouldn’t go as far as for the boy saying the Jim Leish should take over till the end of the season emoji23.png

We've won 3 in 16 and two of those wins were single goal victories over part-time sides. It would be almost impossible for Leish to do worse. Christ, I'd fancy my chances of equalling that.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol:

What the f**k were you expecting? I'd have been stunned if we'd even got away with a goalless draw today.

Well you humped us first time we played you this season and you at least made a game of it in patches in the next two games. But today you looked nothing like the Pars team we encountered previously.

44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

No team is great is this league missed opportunity for us. We need to get over the fact he did well for us in league one. I'm sure anyone could have won league one with the money he was given.

A comment I heard quite a few Saints fans saying last season we ended up 7th. We have more points than Hibs at the same time last season so for me it's a fantastic league I'm sure you will understand that from Saints point of view.

There is great potential at Dunfermline I seen that in our first game at East End Park locals were turning up in numbers you just need to find the right manager.

We've won 3 in 16 and two of those wins were single goal victories over part-time sides. It would be almost impossible for Leish to do worse. Christ, I'd fancy my chances of equalling that.

[emoji23][emoji23] I think most folk could do as good but no point paying him and Sandy off with 10 games to go or that

Archived