League Leaders v Dunfermline

Now we're all being whooshed! He's a liability and he should have been suspended for this one already as he should have been red carded for a two footed challenge at Palmerston a couple of weeks ago.

You mean the excellent challenge that he was wrongly booked for?

2 reds in 3 seasons is very far from being a liability. It is little more than a natural part of being a defender.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Now we're all being whooshed! He's a liability and he should have been suspended for this one already as he should have been red carded for a two footed challenge at Palmerston a couple of weeks ago.

That shouldn't have even been a foul, was an outstanding tackle. 

We should have scored early in the second half. Apart from that we were a big bag of w**k. First time I've heard fans chant about getting the manager out and can't argue with that. Johnston and  Clark simply must f**k off at the end of the season 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Uh-huh, suuuure it was. 

You even had a Qots fan after the game saying it was a perfectly good challenge. 

If there's footage of the challenge then bang it up. 

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Reilly absolutely destroyed M'Voto today.  He bullied him at every 50/50, sent him into an absolute state of panic when he was facing his own goal and even win the majority of headers. He didn't score, but he was key to our comfortable win. An excellent performance. 

We're below average in a poor league and he's managed a grand total of zero goals against us this season. He's effective in a hard-working John Baird role but you'll obviously need far better players in the Premiership next season.

Strange game I thought. Not much in it until about half way through the second half when Craigan should have scored. Had he done so it would have been interesting to see how St Mirren reacted as for all their possession they hadn't created an awful lot - Robinson had make one great save from a massive deflection but then Samson also made a good save from Clark. That seemed to spur St Mirren on and they then created a good chance at the other end before eventually getting the penalty. Had we scored or not started to retreat and let them come at us so much I'm not convinced St Mirren would have won that game.

Didn't think Reilly did an awful lot tbh, Smith was always the danger man and Macgennis did pretty well too. The ref again seemed to only have yellow cards for one side only, not for the first time at Paisley. The Talbot booking was bizarre - had it been for the first challenge there would have been no complaints but after playing on to give a foul let alone a yellow card was a terrible decision.

For us, Vincent and Williamson had awful games, McManus was pretty poor and Armstrong wasn't great up til the moment Cardle got sent out to warm up then he had a good 5 minute spell. Ashcroft and Beadling were the only two I'd give pass marks to - I'd have said Talbot too before the penalty incident.

Still, another week closer to the end of the season.

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We're below average in a poor league and he's managed a grand total of zero goals against us this season. He's effective in a hard-working John Baird role but you'll obviously need far better players in the Premiership next season.

Luckily he's the top scorer for the runaway league leaders so how many goals he's scored against Dunfermline doesn't really matter. 

Just popped in to see why there's a stench of sour grapes wafting from this thread. Usual Pars suspects still in denial. 

Enjoy the rest of the season guys.

8 hours ago, Grant228 said:

You even had a Qots fan after the game saying it was a perfectly good challenge. 

If there's footage of the challenge then bang it up. 

Yes because we always all agree with Monkey Tennis! Nobody else thought it was. It was right in front of me and an awful challenge and exactly what you expect at least two or three times a season from Talbot. The notion that he doesnt deserve his reputation is laughable.

Thought we'd win, and we did win. However with Livi's game being postponed it was really important that we took the points here. Don't want to give them even the slightest bit of hope. Didn't make the game but glad to hear both Flynn and Mullen played well (I presume Mullen was out wide as I can't see anywhere else other than as a second striker - which is normally Smith's role). Didn't realise the penalty was delayed so long - once again Davis slots home a high pressure spot kick.

I understand why Dunfermline fans would be unhappy, their team looked absolutely mighty at the start of the season and yet now they are devoid of pretty much everything. In fact I reckon without their good start they'd be mired in a relegation fight just now.

I strangely enjoyed that yesterday. I think some thought we didn't play well but I thought we were excellent given the conditions, the resulting pitch and Dunfermline's set-up. We were very patient and played with a high tempo while consistently creating chances throughout. I thought everyone played well (including Samson, in spite of that backpass....Christ), Mullen played well but I'd have given man of the match to Gary MacKenzie. When you look at the time he has spent out of the team I felt he won everything in the air and was excellent playing the ball on the deck under pressure, while looked like he'd played since day one.

I can't remember which poster said it but I too celebrated the second goal as much as and if not more than any goal of late - we'd been plugging away for over an hour and within a couple of minutes that second goal pretty much sealed it, even at that relatively early stage. Just an outpouring of relief from everyone I think. 

Dunfermline though. Bloody hell they were abysmal, I can't believe how far they have regressed since they mauled us back in September. They offered next to nothing, stuck everyone behind the ball and hoped for the best. And to be fair it worked for a long time. I felt sorry for the hardy souls who had trekked through yesterday watching a side who should be finishing in fourth place minimum and mounting more of a challenge than that display. If Johnston's contract is up at the end of the season I simply cannot see how that gets extended now, unless of course he's let go before then. 

Anyway, job done and hopefully this performance and result puts to bed the "malaise" that's set in as a result of winning 9 games from the previous 11.... *shakes head despondently*

Oh also, hands up if you enjoyed Declan McManus's toys-out-the-pram reaction to being substituted as much as both of the goals. *raises hand excitedly*

7 minutes ago, fraser_smfc said:

Oh also, hands up if you enjoyed Declan McManus's toys-out-the-pram reaction to being substituted as much as both of the goals. *raises hand excitedly*

I loved it. Sat with his arms folded like a petulant child and then got handed a tracky top and threw it at the ground in a huff.

19 minutes ago, fraser_smfc said:

It was a joy from start to finish. 

He was really shite as well, a complete waste of a jersey. Can see him dropping down a league next season.

Archived