American Crime Story

Rugster

Anyone watching? Follow up to the OJ one about the Versace murder. Episode one pretty good. I remember this happening, like the OJ story so interested to see their take on it. The killer on the program reminds me very much of Patrick Bateman in American Psycho. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add another to the list that didn't know anything other than he was murdered. Resisting the urge to read up about it all, so just taking the show as it comes. If it's as good as the OJ one, it'll be really good.

I don't think the new season is as good as the previous season, but that is probably more to do with my interest in OJ Simpson trumps that of Versace.  The murderer is absolutely brilliantly played by Darren Criss.  Penelope Cruz is a very talented actress and just looks stunning.

I really like serial killer stuff and Andrew Cunanan is one of the most disturbing.  An utter narcissist but also a huge dose of self-hatred and self-pity, as seen with the murder in this weeks episode.

Excellent performance from Darren Criss and the rest of the cast. 

ETA - He really reminds me of Tom Ripley as well.

• 1 month later...

Did anyone stick with this? Bit of a struggle and carried by Darren Criss. Not sure the way the timeline was structured helped. All in, a bit disappointing after the drama of the OJ case last time.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Did anyone stick with this? Bit of a struggle and carried by Darren Criss. Not sure the way the timeline was structured helped. All in, a bit disappointing after the drama of the OJ case last time.

Got them recorded but haven't watched since episode 3 or 4. Found it a bit slow to be honest, and agree all the jumping back and forth didn't help at all. 

Archived