BBC bias

I’m a unionist and a Conservative and I don’t support Rangers.
As a Scot, I follow Rangers and Celtic in Europe and love them to do well as it’s good for Scottish football.

How is Celtic and Rangers doing well in Europe good for Scottish Football? All it does is increase their revenue and by that increases the gulf in finances between them and the rest. If they were both to make the Champions League their financial clout would be extortionate compared to the other clubs.

If you’re supporting them as they’re representing the SPFL or Scotland that’s fair enough but it doesn’t do any good for our league to have the richest two clubs get richer and buy better players.

ETA - Although the Opposition must struggle to remember they’re playing a club representing Scotland as spotting a Saltire at either ground amongst the UJs, Tricolours, Red Hands and Palestinian flags is harder than a Where’s Wally? picture.

41 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’m a unionist and a Conservative and I don’t support Rangers.

As a Scot, I follow Rangers and Celtic in Europe and love them to do well as it’s good for Scottish football.

On 06/03/2021 at 22:51, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely- always will be.

Second team is Rangers.

Just signed a Rangers player today.

Aye you do, m8.

32 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

You are having an absolute nightmare here. 🤣

I know a couple of people on this forum personally. Many many more I don’t.

Just because I have interacted with an avatar with a user name doesn’t mean I know them. You know, in real life.

Aye that might hold some weight if you hadn't already asked me who I support then when I answered Rangers say that I was proving your point. In that scenario you were happy to count me as someone you knew/had met (online of course) 

35 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

How is Celtic and Rangers doing well in Europe good for Scottish Football? All it does is increase their revenue and by that increases the gulf in finances between them and the rest. If they were both to make the Champions League their financial clout would be extortionate compared to the other clubs.

If you’re supporting them as they’re representing the SPFL or Scotland that’s fair enough but it doesn’t do any good for our league to have the richest two clubs get richer and buy better players.

ETA - Although the Opposition must struggle to remember they’re playing a club representing Scotland as spotting a Saltire at either ground amongst the UJs, Tricolours, Red Hands and Palestinian flags is harder than a Where’s Wally? picture.

Well Rangers doing well in Europe over the past few years has meant there is more opportunity for the other teams to also play in Europe due to the coefficient, I'm sure that's appealing to teams that could finish in European spots. 

Well Rangers doing well in Europe over the past few years has meant there is more opportunity for the other teams to also play in Europe due to the coefficient, I'm sure that's appealing to teams that could finish in European spots. 

It still increases the gap between the OF and the rest, yes it appeals to the odd team who might get a wee trip to Europe, I’m sure fans love it but it is ultimately bad for our league. You know as well as I do that Rangers and Celtic going far in Europe while St Johnstone get past a couple of qualifiers is not good for Scottish football no matter how you play it as the fact is the other teams will get papped out early on and make bugger all money.

Aye that might hold some weight if you hadn't already asked me who I support then when I answered Rangers say that I was proving your point. In that scenario you were happy to count me as someone you knew/had met (online of course) 

The point you were proving, quite ably I must admit, is that anyone who makes their political choices based on the football team they support is an imbecile.

I’m not claiming to know you, nor would I wish to.

8 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

The point you were proving, quite ably I must admit, is that anyone who makes their political choices based on the football team they support is an imbecile.

And I'm not someone that does that as has been proven and pointed out plenty of times. 

You seem to hold a considerable amount of preconceptions that I do not, kinda ironic.

It would reflect better on your character if you would have just admitted you were wrong rather than acting like an imbecile and being mentally obtuse at every possible turn, I mean after being proven wrong your words were "cool story bro" talk about low level patter. 

Edited by Stormzy

I’m not sure what kind of revisionism this is. The original post covered both Tories and Unionists. Go on, check it. I also, in that original post, noted that not all Rangers fans I know are Unionists or Tories, so I’m not sure where you are going with that strawman.

The point I was making is how pathetic it is when people chose their politics based on the football team they support. You are a prime example of that.
That's because when we follow the likes of Clyde, Killie or Hamilton it's all about the football.

For the green and blue troglodytes, not so much.

50 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Indeed.

I'd hate to know anyone who revels in the glory of singing "billy boy" songs.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye you do, m8.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

And I'm not someone that does that as has been proven and pointed out plenty of times. 

You seem to hold a considerable amount of preconceptions that I do not, kinda ironic.

It would reflect better on your character if you would have just admitted you were wrong rather than acting like an imbecile and being mentally obtuse at every possible turn, I mean after being proven wrong your words were "cool story bro" talk about low level patter. 

Oh dear - you have had a nightmare here too.

Anyone who has followed DPB’s posts on this forum knows that he also follows the Rangers.  But if you didn’t know that, just reading the thread and the post made by oneteaminglasgow just an hour before your post would show that I wasn’t “proven wrong”.

I am  looking forward to your next attempt to deflect from the fact your life is so sad and empty, you had to base your political choices on the football team you support.  

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Indeed.

I'd hate to know anyone who revels in the glory of singing "billy boy" songs.

You've got quite a creative imagination. 

Also horrendous patter, terrible comprehension and you post some pretty creepy stuff so I can't say I'm too upset.

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Anyone who has followed DPB’s posts on this forum knows that he also follows the Rangers.  But if you didn’t know that, just reading the thread and the post made by oneteaminglasgow just an hour before your post would show that I wasn’t “proven wrong”.

I am  looking forward to your next attempt to deflect from the fact your life is so sad and empty, you had to base your political choices on the football team you support.  

Word salad. 

Spoken like a true and proper Yes Da. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

You've got quite a creative imagination. 

Also horrendous patter, terrible comprehension and you post some pretty creepy stuff so I can't say I'm too upset.

I think it was you that told the “cool story” about getting your Hibs supporting mate lifted for singing the Billy Boys with you.  

Just now, Stormzy said:

Word salad. 

Spoken like a true and proper Yes Da. 

😂 Your display today has been of clownshoes proportions.  Probably best you reflect on the utter failure you have become and try and do better tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Absolute rubbish.

I have never attended a Rangers game other than when they were playing Falkirk.

I have been at the 1957 cup final when we beat Kilmarnock and have been to Europe on the official plane on our one and only sojourn into such exalted competitions (we lost).

As I have opined regularly, I have a soft spot for Rangers and have enjoyed watching them play in Europe this year, more especially since League 1 has been in deep freeze.

11 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

I think it was you that told the “cool story” about getting your Hibs supporting mate lifted for singing the Billy Boys with you.  

The fact you've put in "cool" and the way the other incel put "revels in glory" (😂) says a lot more about you two and the way you've taken a fairly normal story than it does me. 

8 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

😂 Your display today has been of clownshoes proportions.  Probably best you reflect on the utter failure you have become and try and do better tomorrow. 

You've made an arse of yourself and are now continuously messaging me about the most trivial stupid debate I've had on this site. 

To boil it down to where we've got to after you've been proven wrong about your idiotic "All Unionists are Rangers fans" stance we are now just accusing me of copying Rangers political views whatever they actually are. 

Wow, what a meaningful discussion. I mean random accusations with no actual substantive evidence or reasoning, just trivial word salad all ironically because you're probably bored! Take a day off. 

Edited by Stormzy

You've made an arse of yourself and are now continuously messaging me about the most trivial stupid debate I've had on this site. 
To boil it down to where we've got to after you've been proven wrong about your idiotic "All Unionists are Rangers fans" stance we are now just accusing me of copying Rangers political views whatever they actually are. 
Wow, what a meaningful discussion. I mean random accusations with no actual substantive evidence or reasoning, just trivial word salad all ironically because you're probably bored! Take a day off. 

For the avoidance of doubt for everyone else on this site, when Stormzy says I’ve been “messaging” him, he means I have been responding to his posts.

It does not mean that I’ve been sending him DM’s or anything like that. I want to be very clear as even the thought of it makes me feel dirty.

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolute rubbish.

I have never attended a Rangers game other than when they were playing Falkirk.

I have been at the 1957 cup final when we beat Kilmarnock and have been to Europe on the official plane on our one and only sojourn into such exalted competitions (we lost).

As I have opined regularly, I have a soft spot for Rangers and have enjoyed watching them play in Europe this year, more especially since League 1 has been in deep freeze.

Yep. Confirmed. You are a Rangers fan.