England

Nastro

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think it's become a bit of a myth that England are over-hyped. They used to be, certainly, but most England fans seem to think they're shite these days.

The 2010 WC was the last time that anyone thought we would do anything. And even that hope was tempered by some atrocious performances in the pre-tournament friendlies. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worried about this World Cup. All England need to do is score in every match and not concede and they will win the World Cup. Eg:

R16 England 1-0 Colombia

QF England 1-0 Brazil

SF England 1-0 France

WCF England 1-0 Germany

2 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Worried about this World Cup. All England need to do is score in every match and not concede and they will win the World Cup. Eg:

R16 England 1-0 Colombia

QF England 1-0 Brazil

SF England 1-0 France

WCF England 1-0 Germany

Not so. They could actually fail to score in every game and still win the World Cup. Eg:

R16 - England 0-0 Laos : 0-0 aet, 3-1 on pens

QF - England 0-0 Yugoslavia : 0-0 aet, 5-2 on pens

SF - England 0-0 Finland : 0-0 aet, 12-11 on pens 

Final - England 0-0 Myanmar - 0-1 aet **disallowed by VAR**,  1-0 on pens

The best entertainment will be when the same fans that were causing havoc in Amsterdam have to deal with the Russian plod.

Wouldn't say entertaining, but definitely interesting. The Russian plod will probably just shoot them and detain a few others, probably never to be seen again!!!

It's when they get chased through the streets when those mentalists that go training in the woods knocking seven colours of shit out of each other in preparation for these events turn up that the real entertainment begins!!!

Although it's more likely that they won't go because of this and the psychos turn their attentions on others which would be worrying, perhaps those beer bellied street dancers have a use after all!!!

This World Cup will be entertaining just to see how hopelessly corrupt it all is, being based in Russia and all. Even more entertainment to come 4 years later in Catarrh.

15 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Good result for England on Friday night. The Netherlands currently 3-0 up away to Portugal perhaps franks the form of that result despite the games being friendlies. I wouldn’t be shocked to see England reach the quarter final stage in Russia. All depends on the luck of the draw from there on in as there are obviously better teams lying in wait. 

Portugal were a fair bit away from their best XI and the defence was pretty laughable, so I wouldn't be reading too much into that.

2 hours ago, Christophe said:

Not so. They could actually fail to score in every game and still win the World Cup. Eg:

R16 - England 0-0 Laos : 0-0 aet, 3-1 on pens

QF - England 0-0 Yugoslavia : 0-0 aet, 5-2 on pens

SF - England 0-0 Finland : 0-0 aet, 12-11 on pens 

Final - England 0-0 Myanmar - 0-1 aet **disallowed by VAR**,  1-0 on pens

Is this a whoosh? Finland didn’t even qualify? 

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The best entertainment will be when the same fans that were causing havoc in Amsterdam have to deal with the Russian plod.

They won't be there, hence them all going to Amsterdam and being general arseholes, they knew they could get away with it.

A friend of mine is going out for 22 days, went through their travel club and was told they still hadn't reached 4k. 

They will do their usual, get to the last sixteen and bottle it. They have a strong defense, but midfield on the whole is pretty damn average. 

19 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think it's become a bit of a myth that England are over-hyped. They used to be, certainly, but most England fans seem to think they're shite these days.

Apart from the slackjaw morons that’s correct. As for the media, well it’s their job to over promote these type of tournaments. If England get anywhere near the 1/4s with that squad it will be some achievement 

They won't be there, hence them all going to Amsterdam and being general arseholes, they knew they could get away with it.
A friend of mine is going out for 22 days, went through their travel club and was told they still hadn't reached 4k. 
They will do their usual, get to the last sixteen and bottle it. They have a strong defense, but midfield on the whole is pretty damn average. 

Seen on SSN today their defence Is gonna be a 3 with Kyle Walker, John Stones and some Tarwoski player?

Any half decent team will rip that defence apart.

From the BBC - 

"England debutant James Tarkowski speaking to ITV on the penalty decision: "I stood on his foot but I didn't think a lot of it. It is what it is - I’m not going to complain. It's been a great experience this week. 

"Its never a penalty," he added.

:lol:

Archived