East Fife vs Ayr Utd

Agree with Ayrmad re first EF goal. Ball swerved like a balloon and also dipped right in front of the goalie. A nightmare ball to deal with. A better, more experienced goalie would probably hustle it away somehow, but some of the criticism has been over harsh.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Watched the highlights

Ruddy,what the fff,he should be saving that

The penalty.That happens in the box at corners frequently but its a penalty all day long.I suppose what supporters look for is consistency from refs.If it happens outside the box its a free kick but many refs not willing to give it when it happens in the box

Consistency is the issue though.    I can honestly say that experience tells me that  there is no way East Fife would get a penalty at Somerset Park for a similar incident.   

2 minutes ago, fifer said:

Consistency is the issue though.    I can honestly say that experience tells me that  there is no way East Fife would get a penalty at Somerset Park for a similar incident.   

Why, it was a clear cut penalty, your man made no attempt to get to the ball and instead chose to wrap both arms around our player.

Just now, fifer said:

We still wouldn't get it - I can remember Bobby Linn getting booked for diving at Ayr and that was a clear cut penalty.

You'd think we were part of the old firm, I've witnessed Ayr being refused dozens of certain penalties at Somerset.

8 minutes ago, fifer said:

We still wouldn't get it - I can remember Bobby Linn getting booked for diving at Ayr and that was a clear cut penalty.

Dry your eyes and stop being paranoid referee was straight on the spot and booked him it's a free kick anywhere else on the pitch about time this thing was clamped down on

2 hours ago, fiferjon said:

A thick Fife Twat ? Never new your wife was a fifer?

Knew mate, the word you're looking for is "knew".  New denotes something that you've never witnessed before.

Also, your second question mark is superfluous as you're making a statement, not asking a question. You thick Fife twat.

10 minutes ago, Super cally said:

Dry your eyes and stop being paranoid referee was straight on the spot and booked him it's a free kick anywhere else on the pitch about time this thing was clamped down on

I agree but we still would not get that decision against you.    I'm not paranoid, just saying what I see.

2 minutes ago, fifer said:

It is more difficult get decisions against certain teams - you have mentioned the old firm.   In my experience Ayr are one of the teams that 

I agree but we still would not get that decision against you.    I'm not paranoid, just saying what I see.

In my experience Ayr fans are moaning about the decisions at Somerset far more than they're not.

Glad to have helped Ayr march on towards the league title. Looking at your fixtures I reckon Alloa away will be your toughest game however you can probably afford to lose that with your superior goal difference anyway.

As for us, we just need 1 point to survive or wait for QP and Albion Rovers not to win 4 in a row and eagerly await the Raith thumping again next season.

5 hours ago, fifer said:

Really? I'll agree about consistency but put your conspiracy theory in the bin. You just have to hope the poor decisions balance out. Which this wasn't it's a clear penalty, you should be annoyed at your #6 not blaming the ref!

As for penalties at Somerset - start of the season at home to Alloa we conceded a penalty for hand ball. Jamie Adams headed the ball, the video evidence was clear. It cost us 2 points that day. We get dodgy decisions for and against us just like everyone else.

8 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I've not been shy at criticising keepers but I think Ruddy is taking way too much flak for the 1st, the ball is travelling like a beach ball, unfortunately the keeper has already decided where it's going before it's stopped moving around.

I totally agree with you. Ruddy was made to look like an eejit but you can see how he was deceived by the flight of the ball. 

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a loan player not bothering his shirt.  If it's not his attitude that's the problem, then I can only conclude that he is pish.  Seriously, were you at the game today caller?  A total howler and he looked like he couldn't give a f***.

Goalkeepers don’t exactly have to put much effort in. To say that he wasn’t trying to save it is just mental.

Referees and officials have been terrible all season so it's to be expected these days! I'd rather Ayr won the league anyway so it's not all bad. Who have we got signed up for next season?

Referee had an excellent match yesterday just because decisions went against you doesn’t mean he was poor.

To clear one thing up, which will be shown on the East Fife highlights, the first goal was at least 5-yards onside.

IMG_1522573029.884177.jpg.2e3212187feddf370d9ab29397ab44cb.jpg

As far as officials go they are far from the worst. You only have to look at our game v Raith on Tuesday to see poor refereeing....still can’t believe Spence didn’t even get booked for that tackle!

You can’t blame the officials for us not winning yesterday. We had a great chance to go 3-1 up which we didn’t take, then conceded yet another goal from a corner.

20 minutes ago, landerson1990 said:

To clear one thing up, which will be shown on the East Fife highlights, the first goal was at least 5-yards onside.

IMG_1522573029.884177.jpg.2e3212187feddf370d9ab29397ab44cb.jpg

As far as officials go they are far from the worst. You only have to look at our game v Raith on Tuesday to see poor refereeing....still can’t believe Spence didn’t even get booked for that tackle!

You can’t blame the officials for us not winning yesterday. We had a great chance to go 3-1 up which we didn’t take, then conceded yet another goal from a corner.

Jeezo, that claim came from a fan online with it, how pished was he.

I totally agree with you. Ruddy was made to look like an eejit but you can see how he was deceived by the flight of the ball. 

The ball moves but it's not like it moves right in front of him. A goalkeeper should save those all day. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Just now, placidcasual said:

The ball moves but it's not like it moves right in front of him. A goalkeeper should save those all day. I'll be glad to see the back of him.

We'll just need to back him 'til the end of the season, the defence as a unit has looked far better far more often, who plays doesn't bother me as long as the best unit is on the park.

Archived