Major League Baseball

jimmy boo

Pads are .500 for what iirc is the 26th time this year. This is despite being 49-44 a couple of weeks ago and being in a great spot to put some daylight between themselves and the pack chasing the WC.

They have four five game losing streaks this season. Same story as 2023, i.e. the O routinely wastes Quality Starts by what is essentially the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th SP's masquerading as a starting rotation, and scores a ton of runs over 2-3 games before going totally dead for 10 days at a time.

Schildt's BP management is abysmal, but in his defence half of the bodies in the BP have a habit of getting lit-up and turning large leads into squeakers.

Talk has started that if they miss the play-offs Preller will get the boot, which I can sort of understand, but I think he'd really be carrying the can for a desperate owner who chucked stupid contracts at Machado, Bogaerts, Darvish, and Cronenworth. They're wasting a good thing in SD. Fans are filling the park night after night and yet the product being served up is totally underwhelming.

19 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Anaemic offence and a disaster of a bullpen. Going to be a long second half. I'm well used to the Mariners looking good until July or August and then falling to pieces.

And there’s the bullpen blowing another game. 1.5 games back now 
The only positive I can take just now is Robles is hitting well 

The Mariners were on UK telly at a decent time so Iv been able to watch their 6-4 win over the Astros to avoid the sweep. 

Woo very impressive again on the mound. Unfortunately Julio looks to have suffered a a lower leg injury after colliding with the wall 

Pads beating up on their AAA affilia err... the Washington Nationals.

About to go 5/5 on the season series. Pity they routinely lose to shite like the Rockies.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 23/07/2024 at 19:11, lichtie23 said:

Oh look…..another Mariners bullpen collapse 

Weren't they something like 10 games clear in the AL West earlier in the season?

8 hours ago, Swarley said:

Weren't they something like 10 games clear in the AL West earlier in the season?

7.5 games I think. 

Another anaemic offensive performance last night and bullpen collapse 

On 25/07/2024 at 10:24, lichtie23 said:

7.5 games I think. 

Another anaemic offensive performance last night and bullpen collapse 

Randy Arozarena is a decent enough pickup but isn't going to single handedly fix the problems, and I'm not sure outfield was where needed strengthening.

Another July/August Mariners collapse, I really shouldn't be surprised at this point, but it was all looking so good for a while.

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Randy Arozarena is a decent enough pickup but isn't going to single handedly fix the problems, and I'm not sure outfield was where needed strengthening.

Another July/August Mariners collapse, I really shouldn't be surprised at this point, but it was all looking so good for a while.

3 games against the white Sox coming up. I’d be seething if we don’t sweep them 

No JP Crawford or Julio Rodriguez for the Mariners tonight.

But Yimi Garcia has been brought in from the Blue Jays to bolster the bullpen, which is definitely a step in the right direction.

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

20 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

10-0 win for the Mariners in Chicago. Playing absolute dross obviously, but could be a good confidence builder.

And another win last night with Woo throwing 4 impressing innings. Some fielding practice might be required tho 

In the past week the Pads have won series on the road against the two AL teams with the best W/L records.

I really don't know what to make of this team. They can go and beat the very best with a load of Minor Leaguers getting the pitching starts and no Fernando Tatis, yet give them a fully fit team at Petco and they lose to absolute drivel. 

If they can get healthier and sneak a WC I fancy them to do some damage on the road, but it seems the more things you put in this team's favour, the worse they perform. 🤷‍♂️