Cowdenbeath v Clyde

Massive three points. Got to keep pushing on. Tough couple games coming up before we play Berwick.

Referee abysmal today. Why can they not just follow the rules of the game. Should have been two reds for Clyde today.

Surprised that Buchanan didn't just shoot instead of looking for the keeper to foul him. Great to get three points, but why do we sit back so much and encourage other teams to attack us? Muirhead substitution made a big difference. The position we are in, we should be all out attack.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Poor performance from us today. First half had a lot of the ball for the first 20-30 mins without creating a great deal. Goodwillie had a shot well saved and we had a header cleared off the line, from a corner, after a Love shot was deflected wide from close range.

Second half and we didn't show up at all and struggling to think of a player who would guess pass marks. Cowdenbeath were the more determined of the sides. Sheran had a shot cleared off the line before they took the lead when the ball fell to Smith inside the box. We didn't really look like getting back into the game despite making 3 changes.

We were lucky not have anyone sent off Lamont for a second bookable offence, Cogill and Currie for clumsy last minute challenges. Twice I've seen Kipre now and he does not look like a football player absolute miles away when challenging for high balls and was rightly booked for a ridiculous attempt at winning a high ball with Gilfillan.

Last time I saw Cowdenbeath was our 2-0 win at Broadwood and they look much improved. Gilfillan marshalled the defence well and Cox and Sheran give them an attacking threat. Would still take a minor miracle for them to finish ninth.

For ourselves that ends the play off challenge. I'm surprised we even got close to fourth but the two defeats in a row coupled with Stenny picking up points has left us to much to do. Hopefully we can retain the likes of McStay and make real effort to get out this league next season.

Good post 

think it was Reilly though who had the close range effort cleared off the line. He gives us a different option to the attack as he is pacy.

yip, kipre is never a footballer.

41 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

What a horror show today, disappointing to chuck away all the hard work of recent months with such a turgid display.

Cowdenbeath coach giving it big licks at the end was hilarious. Your team has been shit most of the season, your CF is a fat b*****d, your ground is a disgrace, you have no fans but enjoy your victory against the big boys emoji6.png.

Really looking forward to you being replaced by a forward thinking club like cove or Spartans. Enjoy the lowland league. X

Enjoy the rest of your school holidays, and go easy on the cider.

Well worthy of the win today. Gilfillan and Pyper strolled the game and kept Goodwillie quiet. Mullen has come into some form and is looking decent at right back...finally!!! Muirhead did well when he came on - it's good to have another striker on the bench. Hopefully Cox's injury isn't too bad.

Disgusting behaviour from the Clyde "fans" at the end of the game with one of them pushing a steward in the face as he was directly them out. The "fans" were then looking for a fight on their way out before shouting abuse at the stewards at the gate. Classy.

Disgusting behaviour from the Clyde "fans" at the end of the game with one of them pushing a steward in the face as he was directly them out. The "fans" were then looking for a fight on their way out before shouting abuse at the stewards at the gate. Classy.

Touch of class from your coach at full time when he choose to give it the get it up ye’s to the Clyde support rather than celebrate the win with your team. As for the rest of your paragraph it’s a nice blend of slevering shite and exaggeration.

As much as I enjoyed my trip back to the 1970s today will be nice to see a progressive club with modern facilities promoted to replace the deadwood.

59 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

What a horror show today, disappointing to chuck away all the hard work of recent months with such a turgid display.

Cowdenbeath coach giving it big licks at the end was hilarious. Your team has been shit most of the season, your CF is a fat b*****d, your ground is a disgrace, you have no fans but enjoy your victory against the big boys emoji6.png.

Really looking forward to you being replaced by a forward thinking club like cove or Spartans. Enjoy the lowland league. X

Dry your eyes. Our fat b*****d outscored your rapist b*****d.

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Touch of class from your coach at full time when he choose to give it the get it up ye’s to the Clyde support rather than celebrate the win with your team. As for the rest of your paragraph it’s a nice blend of slevering shite and exaggeration.

As much as I enjoyed my trip back to the 1970s today will be nice to see a progressive club with modern facilities promoted to replace the deadwood.

Take it you were one of the angry mob at the end, the way the lot at the front were trying to barge  the stewards at the end looked like something out of the 1970s. Heard that some of the press guys were getting some abuse as well.

Shame really as imagine most of the Clyde support through today were decent folk just wanting to watch their team.

It's all fact. Your club is pretty low when it comes to morals so it's hardly surprising.

Jumping on the bandwagon, how original. Shame it’s in an attempt to deflect from the lies you posted already.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Take it you were one of the angry mob at the end, the way the lot at the front were trying to barge  the stewards at the end looked like something out of the 1970s. Heard that some of the press guys were getting some abuse as well.

Shame really as imagine most of the Clyde support through today were decent folk just wanting to watch their team.

It was the 1970's when we entered Cowdenbeath.

I wasn’t ‘one of the angry mob’ actually, I was stood in the undercover area as you exit the stand waiting for my mate to make his way down. I was near to and saw much of what has been inaccurately described above.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Aww my wee lamb! Dry those eyes now. 

The reaction from some of the Clyde fans was to your whole bench given it the get it up you, finger and w****r sign to the Clyde fans at full time. Don't think either side come out of looking good.

As for the press guys, didn't see any Clyde fans bother with them or even speak to them during the game.

1 minute ago, Clyde01 said:

I wasn’t ‘one of the angry mob’ actually, I was stood in the undercover area as you exit the stand waiting for my mate to make his way down. I was near to and saw much of what has been inaccurately described above.

The steward getting pushed in the face happened outside the press box. The rest of what I described happened as the fans were leaving the ground. Of course you saw everyone leaving because all the Clyde fans left in single file under your watchful eye.

3 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

The reaction from some of the Clyde fans was to your whole bench given it the get it up you, finger and w****r sign to the Clyde fans at full time. Don't think either side come out of looking good.

As for the press guys, didn't see any Clyde fans bother with them or even speak to them during the game.

I was talking to one of the guys after the game he told me think it was just a shout about him being a fat b*****d:lol:

Clyde fans at end of game did not cover themselves in glory. 

Not an excuse but Bollan, his who are you assistant and the extremely old boy goading defeated fans at the end of game sums up the class of Cowdenbeath.

Heard various stories over time that those on the board are as bad.

enjoy you’re win  you’re still going down 

Archived