Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

How do you decide who gets the dissection lecture? How do you reconcile the impact on the surviving child? How do you support the mother during the unwanted pregnancy?

We could go on all day.

Of course we can, still doesn't mean we should just ignore the bad side.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not the increase in abortions I’m highlighting. This shows that there were 185,824 abortions carried out in England and Wales in 2015 compared to 697,852 live births that year. That’s a pretty high abortion rate.

It's people making an informed choice.  There right to do so.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Nice to see you continuing the trend of giving the other side of the arguement zero credit whatsoever and injecting irrelevant pish into it. 

Reasons for the choice are irrelevant, what is on the table is the right to make the choice or not. I highly doubt you will find anyone on here condone flippant use of abortion as a reactive contraceptive. However, I doubt its anywhere near as prevalent as folk like you like to claim for the benefit of your own arguement.

What is your arguement btw? You know why I wrote off much of the other side? Because a large % of them base the imposition of their own views on womens choices on the word of God and the sanctity of life. These are people who are happy to differentiate between the life of human v animal when they are hungry. They are also not the least bit imterested in the qulaity of life of mother or baby following the birth. These people are selfish beyond measure and have been rightfully bodied in Ireland. All of that is before we get into a debate about whether God exists.

About what?

I've never said I'm anti abortion in the context of this thread, my thoughts are my personal thoughts, if I was voting I would be voting the same as you.

My only argument with abortion law is the crossover where some are aborted and some are saved.

Not always easy to tell on here, I only have idea how some of the fannies post.

I was being ironic towards you.
Let me spell it out.

Women who have abortions are perfectly entitled to do so, as long as it’s within the guidelines set out by the medical profession, who didn’t just guess at the timeline, it’s after decades of study that the limits were set.
No man has the right to determine what a woman does with her body.
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but that opinion should be disregarded as you aren’t a woman.

24 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I was being ironic towards you.
Let me spell it out.

Women who have abortions are perfectly entitled to do so, as long as it’s within the guidelines set out by the medical profession, who didn’t just guess at the timeline, it’s after decades of study that the limits were set.
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but that opinion should be disregarded as you aren’t a woman.

Nah, everybody's opinion counts on everything, I'm not into this it's mens/womens business, most major decisions affect more than just one person or one type of person.

It took wee Ruthie about 2 days to use that card, she just phrased it as, I'm pregnant.

Edited by ayrmad

Nah, everybody's opinion counts on everything, I'm not into this it's mens/womens business, most major decisions affect more than just one person or one type of person.
It took wee Ruthie about 2 days to use that card, she just phrased it as, I'm pregnant.

I’ll agree with you to a certain extent, as in, it’s a societal decision, especially when it comes to a referendum where everyone (adult men & women) can vote.
In reality, this vote is (in my opinion) a woman’s issue, of course, also in reality, the majority of the electorate decided that repeal was the correct course of action. This included men.
Also, anyone using bananas posts as a point of reference, needs to have a long hard look at themselves!

36 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but that opinion should be disregarded as you are a complete and utter c**t.

FTFY

Just now, Brother Blades said:

Nah, I disagree. Debate is healthy & if Ayrmad can take something from a well constructed argument & at least think about things, he’s not a complete c**t.

Fair enough.  85%-90% c**t.

3 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

I’ll agree with you to a certain extent, as in, it’s a societal decision, especially when it comes to a referendum where everyone (adult men & women) can vote.
In reality, this vote is (in my opinion) a woman’s issue, of course, also in reality, the majority of the electorate decided that repeal was the correct course of action. This included men.
Also, anyone using bananas posts as a point of reference, needs to have a long hard look at themselves!

I watched about a minute of his vid and it was just as my wife had explained a long while ago.

I'm not in total agreement with either side, to my mind the sticking points are ones that I really don't think I'll ever change my opinion unless some new extraordinary scientific data came out that wiped away the sticking points, I think I've more chance of seeing Nessie than seeing the data that would enable me to question my viewpoint.

At a personal level, I'd never encourage or talk in positive terms about having an abortion or not having an abortion, I'm not the one that lives with the decision.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Fair enough.  85%-90% c**t.

Depends what mood I'm in, it can be far higher although most of the time it's down around zero, you'll get down there some day.

Edited by ayrmad

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Depends what mood I'm in, it can be far higher although most of the time it's down around zero, you'll get down there some day.

I can’t say that it’s an objective of mine.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I can’t say that it’s an objective of mine.

That;s fine, on average you're more of a c**t than myself.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not really.

Also your post is grammatically incorrect.

I don't worry about grammar, you can't duck English from 2nd year and expect to write or speak like and English Lit grad, I'll survive with the knowledge that you're a bit of an empty jersey this fine morning..

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I don't worry about grammar, you can't duck English from 2nd year and expect to write or speak like and English Lit grad, I'll survive with the knowledge that you're a bit of an empty jersey this fine morning..

Mmmm.......

There's not much difference between a first trimester abortion and taking a morning after pill. Abortions after 20 weeks are rare and in my opinion should only happen when the Mother's health is at risk or the fetus is so damaged it has little chance of survival. 

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Mmmm.......

I'm devastated, I'll post some more if you need that sort of thing to provide you with an input..