Abortion  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

There's not much difference between a first trimester abortion and taking a morning after pill. Abortions after 20 weeks are rare and in my opinion should only happen when the Mother's health is at risk or the fetus is so damaged it has little chance of survival. 

6 or 7 a day is not rare IMHO, the rest I agree with.

I'd love to know how the documented cases of survived abortions managed after having their limbs ripped off and their heads crushed. 

Description of how late abortion was performed years ago isn't exactly indicative of how they're carried out now, but let's not that get in the way of objecting to abortion because it's "icky". 

I don't know what week they're fired in a kidney dish and the boss isn't here to ask, I also didn't know until I read an article this morning that all the late abortions are dismembered, doesn't make either scenario any better, if they're firing them into a kidney dish alive and breathing at 16 weeks I might change my mind in the other direction even more.

Of course, I've got a pair so I'm surprised you're interested in anything I have to say on the subject.

Edited by ayrmad

14 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Fucking hell. Ayrmad looking for online martyrdom again emoji38.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

That would suggest I need something back from P&B, if that was the case I'd be putting on the poor me' in here, won't happen, I've had many negative traits over the last 40 years but I can't say there's much I'd change about my behaviour at present, singing 'n' dancing has been my attitude for quite a long while now regardless of what's going on.

I was being ironic towards you.
Let me spell it out.

Women who have abortions are perfectly entitled to do so, as long as it’s within the guidelines set out by the medical profession, who didn’t just guess at the timeline, it’s after decades of study that the limits were set.
No man has the right to determine what a woman does with her body.
Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but that opinion should be disregarded as you aren’t a woman.

But a man has a right to tell her what to do with her body after 26 weeks though?...

But a man has a right to tell her what to do with her body after 26 weeks though?...
Think he covered that with the "within the guidelines of the medical profession" line no?

If you are trying to point out that actually the "man telling woman" piece of this is a bit of a distraction then you are correct. Since anyone can do anything to their own bodies within the confines of the law, including abortion. So fair play to you for trying to remove some of the gender discrimination from this.

Think he covered that with the "within the guidelines of the medical profession" line no?

If you are trying to point out that actually the "man telling woman" piece of this is a bit of a distraction then you are correct. Since anyone can do anything to their own bodies within the confines of the law, including abortion. So fair play to you for trying to remove some of the gender discrimination from this.

He hasn’t dealt with it.

He says that a man has no right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Yet he then defends the law, at present, where a man can tell a woman what to do with her body after the unborn child is 26 weeks.

So society generally accepts that a man can in fact tell a woman what she can or can’t do with her body.

The only thing that is up for debate is about when that deadline for a man having no say enda. For some that should kick in at conception, for others at 26 weeks.

He hasn’t dealt with it.

He says that a man has no right to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Yet he then defends the law, at present, where a man can tell a woman what to do with her body after the unborn child is 26 weeks.

So society generally accepts that a man can in fact tell a woman what she can or can’t do with her body.

The only thing that is up for debate is about when that deadline for a man having no say enda. For some that should kick in at conception, for others at 26 weeks.

I think this is all a bit of a distraction tbh. I know it has gone on right through the thread, but given the UK govt and the devolved Scottish govt are led by women as well as Arlene Foster in the mix, surely this isnt actually a case of a man telling a woman what to do but the law telling a woman what to do. Some laws, like the one in the ROI may have previously been set by men with varying agendas. In that particular case, the law was dealt a robust GTF by the population (men and women).

It seems that in actual fact, the strong majority of men and women are in agreement on this issue.

I think this is all a bit of a distraction tbh. I know it has gone on right through the thread, but given the UK govt and the devolved Scottish govt as well as Arlene Foster in the mix, surely this isnt actually a case of a man telling a woman what to do but the law telling a woman what to do. Some laws, like the one in the ROI may have previously been set by men with varying agendas. In that particular case, the law was dealt a robust GTF by the population (men and women).  

It seems that in actual fact, the strong majority of men and women are in agreement on this issue.

The full argument has been reduced to some binary black/white, right/wrong, male/female, conservative/progressive issue like everything else these days.

No place for any nuance or understanding of any alternative points of view and no compromise. It’s a pathetic point scoring and claiming moral high ground exercise.

22 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Talk about deliberately missing the point...

Just about makes the Bingo on dogmatic points/tactics to justify killing babies / silence discussion.

Edited by banana

Talk about deliberately missing the point...

Ok, I’ll bite. My comment was posted in reaction to banana & Ayrmad. These are the men I’m referring to in my post.
Not the medical profession or politicians.
Of course, Lisa Cuddy and Bairnardo make valid points regarding the increasing sex equality in those two lines of work- we are not quite there yet, but hopefully soon.