The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Question Folks is Danny under pressure? I’m sure the club have backed him well with signings in the summer and a few additions since then. It’s just not happening currently. Not sure what is wrong but something is.

In immediate terms I doubt it . However looking from now to Xmas that can change and change very quickly . There has been considerable investment in club infrastructure and squad. Lennon has been given plenty resources the players have a good training facility, game prep and travel is one of the best in the league
I doubt our chairman is sitting thinking ( like some fans ) let's scape 4 place into the play offs and take our chances and let's not forget the Scottish cup exit and the loss in potential revenues . Might be wrong but speaking with him and his club statements he is fair but very demanding . Nov is a big month for Lennon
Edinburgh away Stirling home and Elgin away If were say to take only 3 points then we wouldn't even be in a play off place come December if that was the case then he is under considerable pressure. On the other side if as is infinitely possible with the squad we have win all three then the as far as a title challenge goes it would be game on. Personally I think it's time for Lennon and the players to start delivering consistently. We have a good squad a win on Saturday I'm sure would send us on another good run and get the fans buzzing again fingers toes and everything else crossed [emoji6]

Let's see how it goes over next three games

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too early to say he is under pressure. Our points haul would normally have us only a few points off the leaders and don't anyone could have envisaged both Edinburgh and Peterhead being so consistent.

Our recent performances have been worryingly poor and we need to get back to winning ways. Could go either way over the next month or two.

Don't think he's under pressure job wise, however he must be concerned that in the last 3 (very important games) most of our players have been outworked, outfought & at times don't have the appetite for a "scrap" - I still think we can get a play-off place, I honestly think we can already forget about being champions, shame because I think we have 1 off the 2 best squads in our league.

Also don't think our chairman will tolerate too many more pish weekends like the last 3.

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Look at the team Peterhead have on paper though, they were able to bring Derek Lyle and Ryan Dow off the bench. We have an important run of games coming up after Edinburgh. 

Goodwillie is/was far superior to them in every way. That’s a cop out. 

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Goodwillie is/was far superior to them in every way. That’s a cop out. 

My point being that they were able to bring, probably championship level players, off the bench. Shows the squad they have. 

Cogill, Boyle, Duffie, Gorman, Lyon, Ferns and Millar all signed or re-signed for this season and have been bit players at best. Rankin has been playing regularly but has been poor.
Danny Lennon isn't under pressure but i think he needs to improve the success rate of his signing policy.

Don't think he's under pressure job wise, however he must be concerned that in the last 3 (very important games) most of our players have been outworked, outfought & at times don't have the appetite for a "scrap" - I still think we can get a play-off place, I honestly think we can already forget about being champions, shame because I think we have 1 off the 2 best squads in our league.
Also don't think our chairman will tolerate too many more pish weekends like the last 3.
Wouldn't give up on the league yet things can change quickly over a month or two , I do agree about not up for scrap , a win on Saturday coukd really kick start the season
Just needs the manager in particular to get the right team in the park that said I don't think we can fall behind the leaders anymore over the next three games.
All about manager and players stepping up to the plate as fans don't think there is much more else we can do the team has had magnificent backing both vocal and financial

By my calculations it’s Mcniffs 100th appearance for the Bully Wee this Saturday if he’s selected which of course he will be.

big congrats to him, not many players reach the big 100. Was wee Fergie the last ?

Here’s to 100 more !

McNiff has been excellent this season and has contributed with quite a few goals, infact since DL has come in McNiff has become the player we thought we were getting from Annan. 

The big man is due another goal soon, hope it is Saturday to compliment Goodies hat trick because someone is going to suffer soon when he finds his shooting boots.

17 minutes ago, cfcuk said:
1 hour ago, You Only Live Twice said:
Is Danny under pressure tho?

I will ask him in Saturday , can also ask the chairman if you would want it clarified from senior management the club ?

Course he was under pressure you only had to listen to his after game interviews- was obvious in his voice- but here’s the important bit- he’s responded really well and I hope he will continue to... 

Reading the Clyde threads, it’s clear the fans are, may I say, somewhat capricious.

Two league  defeats and doom and gloom descend like twins of the apocalypse.

A victory at the then league leaders heralds a glorious revival as if Billy Graham had been co-opted on to the board.

Archived