The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

6 minutes ago, maxruby said:

So “similar” means “same”?

As for a pro Chairman post. Remind them they work for us seems a tad aggressive. You’ll have told Norrie this is how you feel? Put him and his fellow directors firmly in their place with that comment!

Well they do. That's just a fact. Nothing aggressive about it. I'm sure Norrie and his fellow directors would agree.

Very little in practice. Of the clubs I named, FC United of Manchester are the most like Clyde in that they operate as a Community Benefit Society on a one member, one vote basis.
Many, many more clubs are owned by their Supporters Trust which members pay an annual fee to be part of, on a one member, one vote basis. Operating the same way as Clyde do in all but name.
I would bet my life on the fact that Clyde owners will have closer access to Directors and information than any supporters of Motherwell or Hearts ever will but their fans seem to be embracing the idea of supporter ownership much more keenly than some of ours.
[mention=41442]Billy Reid Fan Club[/mention] No one can own more than one part of the CIC. Its a legal impossibility. If anyone has more shares then they will be Foundation Shares which are symbolic and worthless. Also, please stop proposing to liquidate the club when we are going for the title.
Tried a positive, back the chairman/board post and it took a turn for the worse so I'll leave it at that. Yay. Go Clyde.

I’m fully behind the chair, certain people from the old board can go ASAP

Anyway as recent history has shown company and club are two separate entities I for one hope there is a way of ending it asap

That is a smoke and mirrors fallacy that has been invented to appease an angry mob and keep SFA and SPFL TV contracts.

Unless someone can advise otherwise, the only way out of us being a CIC is being a charity(no idea how that would work with registration) or dissolution of the Company(club). We would be a new club in the same way the Rangers are needing to reapply to the league etc. We’d be The Clyde and not Clyde anymore, Newco etc. I never seen the papers released to the supporters trust at the time to say if this was mentioned or not.

1 minute ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Unless someone can advise otherwise, the only way out of us being a CIC is being a charity(no idea how that would work with registration) or dissolution of the Company(club). We would be a new club in the same way the Rangers are needing to reapply to the league etc. We’d be The Clyde and not Clyde anymore, Newco etc. I never seen the papers released to the supporters trust at the time to say if this was mentioned or not.

Wonderful ammunition for the cloak and dagger brigade!

So whats the real issue here, cost of CIC, structure of CIC that we are a CIC?

Lots of fully back chairman, manager etc etc, but is it so wrong to suggest that that the very nature of us being a Community Interest Club is  -along with the obvious plusses of Innes and Lennon/Moore  - the very reason we are all looking forward to this season?

Best relationship weve had in years with NLL, now a sponsor.

3 of our signings have jobs though and because of Community Foundation.

Ability to generate income through Arria Lounge, again as we are now seen as a community partner to NLL not an angry tenant.

Retained Main Sponsership of Advance, who are a partner in Project Braver also.

Finally, if its so bad, why are teams like Motherwell following suit?

I say we just forget this and get back to looking forward to Saturdays game :)

Just now, AgentDaleCooper said:

Lots of fully back chairman, manager etc etc, but is it so wrong to suggest that that the very nature of us being a Community Interest Club is  -along with the obvious plusses of Innes and Lennon/Moore  - the very reason we are all looking forward to this season?

Ability to generate income through Arria Lounge, again as we are now seen as a community partner to NLL not an angry tenant.

I say we just forget this and get back to looking forward to Saturdays game :)

I agree, think the original comment was simply, why are there not more members? whats followed is not in touch with the good feelings surrounding the upcoming season. 

Don't forget 2018/19 League Two Champions pending rubber stamp.

56 minutes ago, AgentDaleCooper said:

Stenhousemuir are a CIC, the issue for you clearly isn't the cost or structure of being a CIC.

I say we just forget this and get back to looking forward to Saturdays game [emoji4]

As most know I think the CIC has held the club back . However as you say there are huge positives around the club , that is simply because the club is now being run properly unlike the previous decade We now have a terrific chairman running the club professionally, with professional staff having attended the legends lunch the service was excellent . For years we were told if we stayed at broadwood the club would die simply because of an agenda to move the club to EK and change the name
Those days are gone I'm more than happy to say I got it wrong again if we go up and thrive as a CIC
If you have the right peolpe running the club then that's the most important thing

Ps most excited about the club for years

Clyde fc champions 2018/ 19

Guest Landan Spiv

Anywhere decent to get a pint before the game today? Never been to Broadwood before is there a bar where away fans welcome?

Cheers 

20 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Anywhere decent to get a pint before the game today? Never been to Broadwood before is there a bar where away fans welcome?

Cheers 

The Broadwood farm just 5 mins from the park, just head up the main road leading from the park go through the tunnel , turn right and it is straight in front of you..

Edited by Pride Of The Clyde

14 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Cheers 

7 minutes ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

The Broadwood farm just 5 mins from the park, just head up the main road leading from the park go through the tunnel , turn left and it is straight in front of you..

It’s fucking dreadful though. Shame Bar 58 isn’t open. 

25 minutes ago, Landan Spiv said:

Cheers 

We do normally have a bar at the ground but unfortunately it’s closed today. Unfortunately other than that options are fairly limited. The Smiddy is a pub fairly nearby in Condorrat but if you’re walking it’s about 20 minutes away. Options around the ground are sadly, in a word, pish.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Cheers for the info lads appreciated. I'll see what I can find  
Would say farm is best bet not great but if it's for a quick pint
If you are going by train then smiddy but just remember it's a 20 min walk don't want to miss any goal [emoji6]

Hopefully decent turn out today some will still be on holiday, but it's a cracking day the squad looks the best we have had in a long long time . Come on the bully wee

2 0 or 3 1 to the Clyde