The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

A valid point chum, but surely even you can appreciate the difference between spending money on a facility which millions get the benefit of in its lifetime compared with a visual sculpture which in my humble opinion does nothing to enhance the driving pleasure of those who speed past it during rush hour traffic.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against public spending being allocated to purely visual aesthetics in times of affluence, but on that during a period of austerity............seriously?

A valid point chum, but surely even you can appreciate the difference between spending money on a facility which millions get the benefit of in its lifetime compared with a visual sculpture which in my humble opinion does nothing to enhance the driving pleasure of those who speed past it during rush hour traffic.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against public spending being allocated to purely visual aesthetics in times of affluence, but on that during a period of austerity............seriously?
I know it's nothing to do with me and I don't really belong here but gauny f**k off ya tedious b*****d.

I know it's nothing to do with me and I don't really belong here but gauny f**k off ya tedious b*****d.
Perhaps that reads as just a little too sweary and aggressive. Nae offence and all that.[emoji8]

Very difficult to say what is value for money ( in the eye of the beholder)
What I would say is a lot are priced out of football either by money or transport
Invest in free sport facilities ( all sports )

55 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

What I would say is a lot are priced out of football either by money or transport. Invest in free sport facilities ( all sports )

Fair point, but everyone has to find their own level. The best players go to the best clubs who charge the most admission money. If you can't afford to watch your preferred team every week, but love the game that much, then it ain't that hard to find reasonable entertainment gratis at amateur level.

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Remember what you were told before being allowed out into the playground Walter (which I'm guessing ain't that long ago).............if you can't play nice with the other children, then you'll have to find somewhere that you can go and play with yourself (which might help relieve some of your inherent tension by the way). But credit to you - you managed to score 3 out of 4 so you've earned yourself a gold star for being a clever little boy today.

1. I know it's nothing to do with me - Correct
  2. I don't really belong here - (or anywhere for that matter) Correct
  3.   b*****d - Correct
  4. Tedious - Never!

Sorry what I meant was priced out of playing football and getting opportunity to progress
I agree about the cost of getting into football, that said Scottish football is over priced for the product and match day experience is awful ( that's if there is one )

Remember what you were told before being allowed out into the playground Walter (which I'm guessing ain't that long ago).............if you can't play nice with the other children, then you'll have to find somewhere that you can go and play with yourself (which might help relieve some of your inherent tension by the way). But credit to you - you managed to score 3 out of 4 so you've earned yourself a gold star for being a clever little boy today.
  1. I know it's nothing to do with me - Correct
  2. I don't really belong here - (or anywhere for that matter) Correct
  3.   b*****d - Correct
  4. Tedious - Never!

How about I take back "tedious" and replace it with "condescending"?

24 minutes ago, Walter said:

How about I take back "tedious" and replace it with "condescending"?

Ok, seeing that your a Jags fan I'll make the appropriate allowances for your initial poor judgement that besmirched my reputation, and agree to your grovelling revision.

No I think “tedious” was a fair description Walter.

I think tedious was a bit conservative.
I find it ironic that Spidey saw fit to infer that a Clyde supporter who had the temerity to post on the Queue Pee thread ‘Queen’s Park [emoji38]’ was a camp follower. 🤣🤣🤣
He posts more on our threads than any other non Clyde supporters and even more than most of us.
It must be a really boring life he leads.
However he was almost never on here while Queue Pee were a league above therefore next year should give us some respite.