The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Max, it is only a good package if you value all that is on offer. I was looking into getting my nephew booked in for his birthday as he started coming to games with me last season just as the team picked up under Danny. What would make his day is meeting the team and leading them onto the pitch. Neither he nor I have any interest in sitting in the boardroom, getting pies at half time or having comfy seats. We have our usual place in the stand and that was more than enough for my son who has been mascot twice. It meant more to him to go back to the group of friends and family excited and to watch the game after the formalities.

Perhaps tiered pricing may be an alternative but then, as you say(or allude to) it's all about making money, not connecting with your fanbase. We need to remember where we currently are in the game.
Difficult to please everyone, it has been free in the past, but obviously the club are trying to tap into revenue streams and I personally think it's a pretty good package I'm sure if you could get two kids on the one package ? My boys were mascots 20 odd years ago , yes it cost nothing well two full kits and at that time I had to pay them into games. I think it's a bit off the mark to imply that the club are not interested in connecting with fans and it's all about money when they are letting kids in for free the entire season .As far as money is concerned we have assembled a squad capable of winning the league and that costs , fans have put money in through flying start etc I disagreed with the pricing of the friendlies and as such won't be going , bit like the mascot scheme if people don't think it's value for money they won't pay it

1 hour ago, bhoonaman said:

Max, it is only a good package if you value all that is on offer. I was looking into getting my nephew booked in for his birthday as he started coming to games with me last season just as the team picked up under Danny. What would make his day is meeting the team and leading them onto the pitch. Neither he nor I have any interest in sitting in the boardroom, getting pies at half time or having comfy seats. We have our usual place in the stand and that was more than enough for my son who has been mascot twice. It meant more to him to go back to the group of friends and family excited and to watch the game after the formalities.

Perhaps tiered pricing may be an alternative but then, as you say(or allude to) it's all about making money, not connecting with your fanbase. We need to remember where we currently are in the game.

Email the club or contact the supporters liason officer I'm sure they will accommodate your request probably at lower cost if its just leading the teams out 

Email the club or contact the supporters liason officer I'm sure they will accommodate your request probably at lower cost if its just leading the teams out 

Did so before the announcement as I was looking for a specific date.

Met the team myself in 1977-78 season was great memory .. also mention in club
Programme and club pennant .. got to try and be commercial in any opportunity so will support the initiative for the club! IMG_2063.jpg

Do club have young supporters club? More kids join and some drawn out to be mascot

Difficult to please everyone, it has been free in the past, but obviously the club are trying to tap into revenue streams and I personally think it's a pretty good package I'm sure if you could get two kids on the one package ? My boys were mascots 20 odd years ago , yes it cost nothing well two full kits and at that time I had to pay them into games. I think it's a bit off the mark to imply that the club are not interested in connecting with fans and it's all about money when they are letting kids in for free the entire season .As far as money is concerned we have assembled a squad capable of winning the league and that costs , fans have put money in through flying start etc I disagreed with the pricing of the friendlies and as such won't be going , bit like the mascot scheme if people don't think it's value for money they won't pay it

Happy to pay a cost for it, I wasn't looking for a freebie like my son had but to go from £0 to £75 and from son to nephew, it causes you to pause.

Also you misunderstood my point - I wasn't saying the club aren't trying to connect with the fans ( the last 6-9 months has seen the best unity for a long time). I was calling out the implication that a fourth tier club should be acting like a premiership club and putting profit before making mascotting accessible to the fan base. We have had folk saying their income prevents them from paying £35 for a CIC membership, yet being a mascot costs over twice that?

Hitting the pricing sweet spot is always a challenge.

2 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

What were you saying about ‘Camp followers’ Spidey?

Well, for a start my dear Clyde Man, I made that remark on the QP thread and not this one, so you also seem guilty of taking a greater degree of interest than ought to be proportionate for a club you deem to be an irrelevance, or does that irony continue to escape you as well?

19 hours ago, bhoonaman said:

I'll take the pies off yer hands. 

On 27/06/2018 at 22:29, jagr68 said:

Enquired about the mascot package by email on Monday .... no reply yet ! emoji849.png

All sorted now and Kids booked to be mascots on 29th Dec v QP...

Looks like a cracking day out enjoy

You will probably will enjoy it the most [emoji6]

Eh probably hopefully the weather will be kind !! Is it wrong to relive your childhood through ur kids lol both want new strips one black one red [emoji849]