The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

Safe to say it's the most excited we've been about a Clyde team in a long time. Let's hope there are no more false dawns.

Huge well done to everyone involved in the recruitment process.

As briefly mentioned, some sprinkles of experience still needed but with a few tweaks I don't see why we can't win this league. It's looking like it'll be our best chance yet.

Really struggling to remember the last time I felt so good about our summer signings/re-signings.

Can I just ask the usual suspects to tone down the "going to win the league" posts until we at least get a few games under our belts.

Hopefully we show the same respect to this nonsense cup as we did the last time against Partick Colts and also play our U20's. Defo be giving this a miss.

Agree totally with boycotting the match but sending out our 20s and getting pumped isn’t the right way to go IMO.

Some SFA/SPFL cretin in an office somewhere will think that’s evidence the colts would be a strong addition to the leagues.

Fans stay away, get them pumped and move onto the next round is the best approach. An away day to wales or Ireland would be epic!

Safe to say it's the most excited we've been about a Clyde team in a long time. Let's hope there are no more false dawns.

That's my worry. I have a nagging doubt, based on our experience of past seasons that history may repeat itself and we'll disappoint again.

Can I just ask the usual suspects to tone down the "going to win the league" posts until we at least get a few games under our belts.

However, I'm pretty sure we'll win the league by mid April [emoji1]

Hiya! I can’t understand why you have never introduced yourself at any of the many, many games I attend from my southern stronghold. A game in England or Wales would provide me with a fantastic opportunity to see Clyde at a cost probably much less than travelling to Broadwood.

As for the pedantry? How can I be accused of such when I explain my post?

As for being a tosser? Well, I’m shocked and disappointed that someone with your obvious intellect and , one would assume, vocabulary, cannot come up with a more apt epithet for me.

By the way. What if we are in the Europa League in say, six years? That positive enough for you?

We had a good squad 2 seasons ago, and rightly fancied our chances.

A couple of horrific injuries, and a poor manager, saw us end the season struggling badly at the wrong end of the table.

This time, we have a much better squad, and a much better management team.

As long as we get a reasonable rub of the green this season there's no reason why we can't end up as Champions.

Quietly confident :thumsup2.

Point about injuries is a good one. If Goodie was crocked on day one we'd have only the most makeshift fall-backs, and a far poorer team as a result. I don't see Hopkirk as a centre-forward, and even if he was to be, he wouldn't be a patch on Goodie playing up top himself or partnered.

We're one good or two half-decent forwards away from comfort there. But if we got comfort there, and one more grafter for the centre of the park, Christ... It'd be really hard to see past us for the title.

I'll be honest, I've already put the line on.

Jim chapman may well be a good guy but he’s absolutely hopeless as a football manager. 

Would like us to 1 more centre forward in, Aaron Millar isn’t a good enough back up. Everywhere else I think we have enough. 

11 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

We had a good squad 2 seasons ago, and rightly fancied our chances.

A couple of horrific injuries, and a poor manager, saw us end the season struggling badly at the wrong end of the table.

This time, we have a much better squad, and a much better management team.

As long as we get a reasonable rub of the green this season there's no reason why we can't end up as Champions.

Quietly confident :thumsup2.

Keep taking the happy pills!..delusional or what,not even a ball kicked and now champions elect!

Keep taking the happy pills!..delusional or what,not even a ball kicked and now champions elect!
I'm the first to criticise Clyde fans getting ideas above their station, but being quietly confident is hardly delusional nor did he say we were champion elect.