The Clyde FC 2018-19 Thread

As Goody as DGW was today and his goal was unreal I thought Grant was the best player on the park.  Bossed the game for me. A decent run out and some good stuff played and good goals too.

Edited by Adolfo Rios

4 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

As Goody as DGW was today and his goal was unreal I thought Grant was the beta player on the park. Bossed the game for me. A decent run out and some good stuff played and good goals too.

I thought Grant was the best as well. Turns over possession in our favour with his reading of the game, and is then able to move it on, whether that's forwards or backwards. He'll be really important this season. Goodwillie a class apart obviously as well.

Today just felt like we were back in April; passing the ball out from the back, quick to close down all over the pitch and Goodwillie absolutely ripping it out of Garcia Tena. Ferns and Rumsby (who played right back for 3/4s of the game before going off) did okay and are better than what we had on the bench last season. Can't say Gorman impressed me at all sadly, nowhere near as comfortable on the ball as McNiff/Cogill, need to see how he develops. Love probably going to be an important player this season even though I'm not convinced he gets in our best eleven. 

Pretty sure we'll do a better job protecting the middle of the pitch when the competitive stuff starts, and I'm not sure completely vacating the space in front of Stewart will work but I can see why we tried it.

Alloa must have had a fair few injured/not signed yet; they were absolute dross regardless of it being a friendly. Lovely first goal admittedly.

Finally, get the foxes in the bin before the TV cameras show up. Absolute nonsense.

Yes. Obviously different manufacturer but it looks exactly like last year.

You mean apart from names written all over it making it almost grey , red trim around the collar and sleeves and red Hummel flashes down the arm.

6 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

You mean apart from names written all over it making it almost grey , red trim around the collar and sleeves and red Hummel flashes down the arm.

Nah, it still looks the same really from a distance.

There are now two cardboard foxes stuck to the top of the stand behind the goal, presumably to discourage seagulls. Not convinced it's working :lol: Image may contain: sky

Nah, it still looks the same really from a distance.
There are now two cardboard foxes stuck to the top of the stand behind the goal, presumably to discourage seagulls. Not convinced it's working [emoji38] 36425822_418787905289700_829782093834747904_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0%26oh=917e8ac0f2bc641e098e521df33d8d88%26oe=5BA1362F&key=b69d67be92cb21b7d3c91486e2b86e3e2df5474b1fabeb5161d5dc79236e6b86
Where you watching it from croy?

18 minutes ago, Billy Reid Fan Club said:

Let’s see if DW and SP can attend a match this season without moaning about something. It’s the kit this week, next week might be the colour of the floor

Been a while since I’ve read “We didn’t get the rub of the green.”

That was a reasonably enjoyable friendly. My gourmet pie and barista coffee was delectable too. :thumsup2

As I mentioned earlier, we were missing a lot of players ourselves with Rankin,  Hopkirk, Lang, Duffie and Nicoll all missing from our squad. I’ve no real idea of the strength of Alloa’s team (their Twitter said they were playing a very makeshit team but I recognised quite a few of their players) but they were pretty poor today. I hope Parry is still with Alloa as their goalkeepers today didn’t look up to much. I’d also give Tena a miss if I were Jim Goodwin as he wasn’t brilliant for Edinburgh in League 2.

All of our goals in the first half involved Goodwillie. For the first, he beat a defender and then cut it back for Boyle, who forced the ball over the line, and for the second goal, he and McStay played a nice one-two on the edge of the box and the latter slotted in across the keeper. Alloa pulled a goal back shortly after with Spence finishing off a well-worked move but then Goodwillie himself then picked up the ball about 30 yards out and curled a shot beautifully into the top corner.

The second half was a bit of a non-starter but Goodwillie played in Love who finished past the sub keeper for Alloa before Spence fired in a consolation for Alloa after being played in from a high ball.

Grant and Goodwillie were both very good and generally speaking we looked quite effective. Gorman wasn’t brilliant - he defended okay but as Airdrie fans said, his distribution is poor. Still might do a job though. Looking forward to next week now.

Good game, that. And absolutely beyond argument that Grant was our best performer. Any game that doesn't see the opposing team charging-down our defenders zealously will be a good one for us, given the players we have. The more freedom to play from the back, the better.

Only thing I'd add is that the criticism of Gorman is a hell of a harsh. I don't think his issue is composure; he never cut the figure of a player under pressure. He might've an issue with a fast-paced match, though. I didn't think his use of the ball was particularly bad. In fact, on two occasions he picked-out great passes into midfield. Whatever the case was, he's a good size and done the basics more than comfortably. Won every header and so on.

Can't be anything but positive, really. We dispatched Alloa without much trouble. The goals conceded don't worry me terribly; I couldn't see us shipping goals in the same manner in a competitive match.

That was a reasonably enjoyable friendly. My gourmet pie and barista coffee was delectable too. :thumsup2
As I mentioned earlier, we were missing a lot of players ourselves with Rankin,  Hopkirk, Lang, Duffie and Nicoll all missing from our squad. I’ve no real idea of the strength of Alloa’s team (their Twitter said they were playing a very makeshit team but I recognised quite a few of their players) but they were pretty poor today. I hope Parry is still with Alloa as their goalkeepers today didn’t look up to much. I’d also give Tena a miss if I were Jim Goodwin as he wasn’t brilliant for Edinburgh in League 2.
All of our goals in the first half involved Goodwillie. For the first, he beat a defender and then cut it back for Boyle, who forced the ball over the line, and for the second goal, he and McStay played a nice one-two on the edge of the box and the latter slotted in across the keeper. Alloa pulled a goal back shortly after with Spence finishing off a well-worked move but then Goodwillie himself then picked up the ball about 30 yards out and curled a shot beautifully into the top corner.
The second half was a bit of a non-starter but Goodwillie played in Love who finished past the sub keeper for Alloa before Spence fired in a consolation for Alloa after being played in from a high ball.
Grant and Goodwillie were both very good and generally speaking we looked quite effective. Gorman wasn’t brilliant - he defended okay but as Airdrie fans said, his distribution is poor. Still might do a job though. Looking forward to next week now.

Parry is still with Alloa, must be away on holiday along with a few others going by that side.

That Finn Graham boy isn’t half getting about

Parry is still with Alloa, must be away on holiday along with a few others going by that side.

That Finn Graham boy isn’t half getting about

Very positive performance today, thought Love had his best game for Clyde.

was speaking to Cumbernauld colts manager today he was telling me Livingston were desperate to sign goody and Dunfermline were in for him as well.. but Norrie has gave him a new contract by the sounds of it he is on a lot of money.. also teams were in for McStay so he kept him happy to stay with us.. also said our new keeper is really good and will probably end up first choice