The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just been to buy my season card. Apparently sales are on a par with this time last season. People will be able to buy tickets for matches well in advance, in fact I think you will be able to buy all the matches you are able to attend at the beginning of the season. 

The Dundee game in October has been switched to the Friday for TV. That is the only one we feature in up to November.

This Shankland chat is tedious.  Don’t think anyone is arguing that Dundee Utd aren’t a bigger club than Ayr.  I think the point is that Shankland was at a stage where he really needs to be playing with and against a better standard of player.  He’s not going to get that playing at Championship level for another season.  And there’s always the possibility  that Dundee Utd will have another shambles and not get promoted.   

But let’s face it, we have way bigger things to worry about than Shankland  frittering away his potential.  

Edited by Mgc1910

4 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

We're not scraping the barrel. 

We're peering into the barrel in order to pluck out the best fish. The right type of fish. 

This.

It's better to make three or four good signings than ten mediocre signings.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

Dundee United fans getting a bit sensitive here when someone tries to tell them the truth that Livingston are a better club than Dundee United atm since they're in the premiership emoji23.png

But but but there are some irrelevant barometers that people use to judge whether a team are "better" or not that have nothing to do with the clubs current performance.

9 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

This.

It's better to make three or four good signings than ten mediocre signings.

If we only make 1 or 2 signings we will be massively short. 

42 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we only make 1 or 2 signings we will be massively short. 

I still think we need Doohan, a creative central midfielder (no idea who or where we're going to find this, although Chris Erskine could be on the cards) and a winger come striker.

I'd say the above is the very minimum though as Moore is not due back until September and we're also currently relying on an injury prone Forrest, a couple of inexperienced youngsters in McCowan & McGuffie and Moffat who is unlikely to last 90 mins each week. God help us if Doolan picks up an injury............

At some point Hair-Reid has to get a chance apparently by did well against Queens Park the other night I'd be tempted to play him against Berwick and in the Challenge Cup even if Doohan had signed by then, Erskine would be good if it can be pulled off and maybe the boy Harrington from Aberdeen who can play RB, can see the other striker and winger being loan deals

36 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I still think we need Doohan, a creative central midfielder (no idea who or where we're going to find this, although Chris Erskine could be on the cards) and a winger come striker.

I'd say the above is the very minimum though as Moore is not due back until September and we're also currently relying on an injury prone Forrest, a couple of inexperienced youngsters in McCowan & McGuffie and Moffat who is unlikely to last 90 mins each week. God help us if Doolan picks up an injury............

Don’t get the Moffat not lasting 90 mins each week , he is the fittest player in the team and in all pre season training he was proving that on time and strength testing always up at the top of the timings , does physical training 7 days per week when most other players are only on 4 days 

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Maybe McCalls "holiday" was a scouting session abroad

Would be absolutely buzzing if we have 4 Spanish boys signed in time to play Berwick.

*Edit* Any of them foreign @Robbo63

Edited by Hawk89

13 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

@Robbo63 come on don't tease us any crumbs you can give us to get us to the end of the week

When I know you will know , let’s get the weekend out the way first 

On 03/07/2019 at 21:19, diegomarahenry said:

Neilson is a terrible manager who struggled despite signing almost a whole new team in January and failed to get the best out of any of them. Shankland has the ability but it appears he needs a bit of nurturing that McCall seems to give the players to get his head right. 

Shankland could be a future Scotland player or the next Ryan Donnelly depending on how he is coached. 

Dundee United angered the football gods with the shithousery at the end of the season so I hope they get the Shankland that was hunted from Aberdeen, St Mirren, Morton and Dunfermline and have to pay him a fortune for three years. 

He was good with us, albeit in League 1 and 5 years ago.