The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Is this permanent having no reserve squad or is it just for this year. Wouldn't have thought it sits with Kerrs plan of bringing through youth to then not even having a reserve squad

It’ll just be for this year I’d have thought or maybe longer depending how long it takes for everything to go back to normal.

25 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just realised that we've binned the reserve squad for this season, explains more why Ecrepont was sent out on loan.

What's happening with all the players who were in the reserve squad last season, have they been released or they going out on loan?

Leon Murphy and Daniel Graham have both left and signed for Glenafton and Craigmark respectively. 

Leon Murphy and Daniel Graham have both left and signed for Glenafton and Craigmark respectively. 

Is Nathan Baird still at the club? There was talk of him joining Cumnock permanently which would be a shame as I thought he was quite highly rated at the club.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Nathan Baird still at the club? There was talk of him joining Cumnock permanently which would be a shame as I thought he was quite highly rated at the club.

I have no idea. We have 4 CB’s signed up this season so can’t see him being involved much. What age is he? I think it’s probably best to accept that once you get to 20, 21 if you haven’t broke into the first team then you probably never will. 

I have no idea. We have 4 CB’s signed up this season so can’t see him being involved much. What age is he? I think it’s probably best to accept that once you get to 20, 21 if you haven’t broke into the first team then you probably never will. 

I think he’s around that age tbf. Won all the POTY awards last season albeit in the juniors. Maybe try loaning him to a L2 outfit and see how he does.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he’s around that age tbf. Won all the POTY awards last season albeit in the juniors. Maybe try loaning him to a L2 outfit and see how he does.

Did he not go to Annan last year? 

Last season we didn’t really have a squad of reserve players as such. Half was made up of players from the U18’s. The ones that were over 18 spent at least the first half of the season out on loan and most of them have already moved somewhere this season.

I imagine we would keep the best of the U18’s squad that can’t play another year at that level and loan them out. The ones that were in their first year after moving up from the 16’s should still have another year at U18’s.

5 hours ago, rb123! said:
5 hours ago, D said:

I think a lot of them will go out out loan with the older ones like Leon Murphy being released.

Hopefully 1 or 2 of them will be kept at the club and used this season.

Is this permanent having no reserve squad or is it just for this year. Wouldn't have thought it sits with Kerrs plan of bringing through youth to then not even having a reserve squad

It’s for this season only , and the majority of the reserve squad has been Academy players  over the last 2 few years , 2 players released and 2 out on loan so from that at least still most of them at the club 

<<<<<<<< DRINAN WATCH >>>>>>>>>

I see he started for Ipswich today in the EFL Cup v Bristol Rovers and set up the first goal. He got 70 mins before being subbed.

I still think its unlikely we'll get him in this window given the game time he has been getting. However, he could be an option in January though if he doesn't get into the Ispwich first 11.

Anyone got any shouts of who the striker might be?

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

<<<<<<<< DRINAN WATCH >>>>>>>>>

I see he started for Ipswich today in the EFL Cup v Bristol Rovers and set up the first goal. He got 70 mins before being subbed.

I still think its unlikely we'll get him in this window given the game time he has been getting. However, he could be an option in January though if he doesn't get into the Ispwich first 11.

Anyone got any shouts of who the striker might be?

Might no be a striker tbf.  He just said a permenant signing.