The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Gonna go through the thread tomorrow and edit this post with issues folk have had, can you quote this and say what device you were using and I'll fire it off to AU Media, it's one thing sounding off on here and social media and another trying to help pinpoint the problem. I've got a summary of what I've seen so far. 

Android:- the video was intermittent at best, rarely going for a full minute. 

Apple:- seems to have worked fine with only some small issues. Any others?

Windows:- My pal was watching from Windows and said they had very few issues. Any others?

Casting:- The cast button on the video player just brought a loading bar to my television (Chromecast), if I tried to cast through a third party app there was sound but a black screen/no video.  I could mirrorshare to the Chromecast via Google Home. Any others?

Cameras:- The additional cameras were a good addition, but we're cut off from the player taking corners, the main camera in the usual position was good but was occasionally very pixelated. 

Commentary:- The commentary seemed to have an initial issue for all then came on and stated on, I think on all devices it was fine throughout (even Android where when the video was lagging the commentary continued). 

Half time section: enjoyable, more of this. 

Login process: easy to do and the matchday reminder was a nice touch. 

Watched on a,laptop using Google Chrome as the browser. There was a lag every 10-15 seconds.

Edited by RedEd

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Gonna go through the thread tomorrow and edit this post with issues folk have had, can you quote this and say what device you were using and I'll fire it off to AU Media, it's one thing sounding off on here and social media and another trying to help pinpoint the problem. I've got a summary of what I've seen so far. 

Windows:- My pal was watching from Windows and said they had very few issues. Any others?

Casting:- The cast button on the video player just brought a loading bar to my television (Chromecast), if I tried to cast through a third party app there was sound but a black screen/no video.  I could mirrorshare to the Chromecast via Google Home. Any others?

Cameras:- The additional cameras were a good addition, but we're cut off from the player taking corners, the main camera in the usual position was good but was occasionally very pixelated. 

Commentary:- The commentary seemed to have an initial issue for all then came on and stated on, I think on all devices it was fine throughout (even Android where when the video was lagging the commentary continued). 

Watched on I Pad , first half I had 1 delay of a couple of seconds 

2nd half it froze 3 times , once for a few seconds  and the other twice about 2 seconds and went pixilated  , I timed it with Hearts game on Tv , second half we kicked of 37 seconds after then , when they got to 90 minutes we were then  51seconds behind , so looks like my total freeze time was 14 seconds ( I did this due to the confusing clock onscreen in 1st half so I could judge when game was going to finish )

commentary : I thought the girl who did the Co commentary was pretty decent and really sounded like she knew her stuff

half time : Liked the idea of a former player being interviewed, would also like to see possibly Mark Kerr ( pre recorded if needed) giving an update of how things are going at the club 

would also like to see the potential of an online 50/50 ticket draw at half time thus bringing  in some funds 

camera : in first half I didn’t like the way that the camera did not show you corners being taking mainly at the railway end 

graphics were very good 

I think the issues I had did not spoil my experience , but I am aware that some people had big issues , my daughter watched on laptop and was sending me photos of blue screens , black screens , frozen frames ( as I did not have them on my IPad) she was at the stage of switching off in first half , but said it improved in second half , but still not to the standard I was getting 

Edited by Robbo63

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This is the correct response not the one showing in the SRE fb page. I think that page should be taken down it’s full of idiots mostly who blow up at everything 

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

This is the correct response not the one showing in the SRE fb page. I think that page should be taken down it’s full of idiots mostly who blow up at everything 

It’s the most depressing, argumentative and negative site I had ever seen and deleted it after the abuse the majority of the people gave club and Kerr on his appointment, sorry for the decent people on it but it has a large majority of keyboard warriors 

56 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Watched on a,laptop using Google Chrome as the browser. There was a lag every 10-15 seconds.

I was watching on a laptop using Microsoft Edge and mine was the same. 

Commentary always continued even when screen was frozen. 

ETA: laptop was connected to tv using HDMI but not sure this would make any difference as it was freezing on my laptop before I had even done this. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I certainly didn’t experience any of the lag issues that some of you were troubled with. I had to refresh the page a couple of times during the ninety plus minutes but overall, I thought that for a first live event, AU Media did a great job. Going forward, I’m more than happy with the quality of broadcast for my season ticket, and it’ll continue to improve.

Don’t think they’ve got to grips with the extra camera angle yet and Callum’s terrified tones as Annan moved within shooting distance worked like a commentary enema as I clenched my arse cheeks even without glancing at the screen.

Enjoyed the on screen graphics and the halftime show. Lauren as a summariser was excellent. Great start, I’m sure they’ll learn quickly from their mistakes and offer a service we’ll be proud of.

As for the game, don’t think we really got out of first gear, should have scored one or two more and despite having more than their fair share of possession, Annan never really threatened to score.

Fairly obvious that the success of this side will depend on the fitness of Walsh & Anderson.

iPad. Went straight onto Amazon after the game and bought myself an HDMI adaptor to watch “ont’bigtelly” on Sat.

@itzdrk

I watched on Windows via a pc I have behind the TV. Browser was Microsoft Edge and I had sustained issues for first half and second half where it would freeze for a few seconds. I didn't count these but it would be well into double digits. Commentary was crystal clear though.

In terms of network (not sure if needed?) - I am effectively hard wired (using home plugs) and have fibre to the house so its unlikely to be an issue on my end. I might run a cat5 cable directly to the desktop on Saturday or try my Xbox.

Agree with the rest of your feedback on features etc.

43 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I was watching on a laptop using Microsoft Edge and mine was the same. 

Commentary always continued even when screen was frozen. 

ETA: laptop was connected to tv using HDMI but not sure this would make any difference as it was freezing on my laptop before I had even done this. 

Exactly the same setup for me, exactly the same issues.

I was on my laptop hooked up to tv. Near enough perfect stream for the full match with commentary starting 5 minutes into the game. Blacked out once in the second half and I just refreshed and that was it, with it buffering for 3-4 seconds twice. 

I understand it’s frustrating, but demanding money back isn’t going to help the club. I’m saying that from a position of both matches I’ve bought have been fine right enough, but I’ve went into it with my eyes open knowing the possibility of problems. Streaming is clubs only real decent alternative to bums on seats (feet on terracing in our case) so I would urge folk not to be demanding money back. 

I’d like to see the steam starting maybe a bit earlier and possibly getting interviews with a player or management pre game, let fans have a bit of a build up to the game and feel like you’re getting more for your money rather than starting as the teams come out. 

Also an announcement of a virtual attendance would be nice. 

Edited by callum-ayr

I get a funny feeling that the first people connected probably had a better service than those who connected later. Seems everyone had a different experience as mine was freezing up around every 15-20 with commentary continuing. Half time was absolutely perfect with only a single camera in use and the issues exacerbated anytime the commentators got loud on the attack. 

It feels like a bandwidth issue. Hopefully they will be able to resolve it over the first few fixtures, pitchforks are already out in some quarters sadly. Alot of people don't seem to realise the complexity of streaming when you aren't a billion dollar company with an army of techs behind you. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Watched on I Pad , first half I had 1 delay of a couple of seconds 

2nd half it froze 3 times , once for a few seconds  and the other twice about 2 seconds and went pixilated  , I timed it with Hearts game on Tv , second half we kicked of 37 seconds after then , when they got to 90 minutes we were then  51seconds behind , so looks like my total freeze time was 14 seconds ( I did this due to the confusing clock onscreen in 1st half so I could judge when game was going to finish )

commentary : I thought the girl who did the Co commentary was pretty decent and really sounded like she knew her stuff

half time : Liked the idea of a farmer/player being interviewed, would also like to see possibly Mark Kerr ( pre recorded if needed) giving an update of how things are going at the club 

would also like to see the potential of an online 50/50 ticket draw at half time thus bringing  in some funds 

camera : in first half I didn’t like the way that the camera did not show you corners being taking mainly at the railway end 

graphics were very good 

I think the issues I had did not spoil my experience , but I am aware that some people had big issues , my daughter watched on laptop and was sending me photos of blue screens , black screens , frozen frames ( as I did not have them on my IPad) she was at the stage of switching off in first half , but said it improved in second half , but still not to the standard I was getting 

FTFY

9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I was watching on Chrome (on Windows) and it was unwatchable. I also cast via a chromecast which was the same. In the second half I think they dropped the frame rate which improved the freezing a bit, but still made it a very poor experience.

I expect that based on the responses I can see that this should be relatively easy for them to fix. iOS devices will be viewing the HLS encoding whereas it was MPEG-DASH for others (e.g. on Android or Windows). So the issue is likely to be with how they are transcoding it - e.g. trying to transcode locally rather than leveraging a cloud service or having some of the parameters set up incorrectly. But nothing that someone who understands this could not resolve very easily.

I thought having multiple cameras was a good idea but they really need to ensure that the white colour balance is calibrated across all cameras so that it doesn't look like amateur hour when they switch cameras. Also they need to improve stabilisation on some of them (e.g. surely they were using gimballs on all of them but it didn't look like it).

I thought the commentary was good and it was essential given the issues with the freezing.

Overall, I think if they can resolve the basic issues they could build on it and offer a good service with multiple camera angles and replays in future.

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

We'll done Derek, I'll wait until most of the issues are ironed out before I purchase, too much of a gobshite when things don't perform as they should to spend my cash at this stage. 

It’s the most depressing, argumentative and negative site I had ever seen and deleted it after the abuse the majority of the people gave club and Kerr on his appointment, sorry for the decent people on it but it has a large majority of keyboard warriors 
Remember one time one of them came on here and started calling us keyboard warriors for some reason. Can't remember what it was about but was pretty funny.

My stream dropped at least once a minute for a matter of seconds and became quite annoying. I am not sure how much this was down to my broadband that I pay a fortune for.

The package was ok, commentary a good addition. I understand why there are no replays but it would be good to have maybe any goals replayed at some point and possibly any major incidents. Even at half/full time.  Zooming in on a player after an incident is a massive gain on the pixel system.

The half time part was good, by the sounds of it, that will continue in some format. getting former players to appear shouldn't be a problem if it allows them to attend a game.

The game its self was scrappy, Zanatta looked ok, if a little greedy before he went off. The younger boys did well. Thought Chalmers was quieter than he had been in the last two games and McCowan wasn't as effective as he was on Saturday. The amount of changes and injuries are bound to have an impact on performances though. 

Not a bad start to the season though, beat two teams we were expected to and narrowly lost to the team in the league above

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

My stream dropped at least once a minute for a matter of seconds and became quite annoying. I am not sure how much this was down to my broadband that I pay a fortune for.

The package was ok, commentary a good addition. I understand why there are no replays but it would be good to have maybe any goals replayed at some point and possibly any major incidents. Even at half/full time.  Zooming in on a player after an incident is a massive gain on the pixel system.

The half time part was good, by the sounds of it, that will continue in some format. getting former players to appear shouldn't be a problem if it allows them to attend a game.

The game its self was scrappy, Zanatta looked ok, if a little greedy before he went off. The younger boys did well. Thought Chalmers was quieter than he had been in the last two games and McCowan wasn't as effective as he was on Saturday. The amount of changes and injuries are bound to have an impact on performances though. 

Not a bad start to the season though, beat two teams we were expected to and narrowly lost to the team in the league above

There is a way of testing your internet connection. I done mine last night and was describe as being fast and should be able to handle multiple devices steaming HD videos at the same time. 

As requested I watched on my I pad and had very few problems Wee freeze here and there but not worth complaining about.

i agree with some of the posters Callum gave me a few frights with his overexcitment at Nothing at times and I couldn’t watch this regularly, the lady was a lot better

i did log on about 7pm and just waited till up live would agree they need to fill the blank with something about 15 minutes before kick off.

overall it was a 7 out of 10 for me

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There is a way of testing your internet connection. I done mine last night and was describe as being fast and should be able to handle multiple devices steaming HD videos at the same time. 

The issues were almost certainly not related to people's internet connections or the time at which they tried to join the feed.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The speed is ok, it just drops all the time. I've had them out to look at it and they keep telling me it is fixed.