The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Pressure might mount but there is not a hope in hell that this Scottish Government will allow fans back this season.

If all vulnerable people are vaccinated by March, it would be utterly disgraceful if 20% capacity still could not attend games for the rest of the season tbh. 

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Just watched Kerr's post match. It seems dropping Reading was tactical rather than as a result of an injury or knock. Ballsy move but it worked.

Yeah, credit to Mark Kerr, he got it spot on playing Muirhead as Left back, was the best player on the park for me. 

Pressure might mount but there is not a hope in hell that this Scottish Government will allow fans back this season.

Fans are allowed in football stadiums, it's the number that's the issue. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

I'm pretty confident there'll be some fans in by march. The vaccine will slowly be having an effect, and the end will be in sight. It'll be a gradual relaxation of the rules, but they surely won't keep us locked up until June!

Much will depend on the results of the English experiment with the various sporting events, if the virus figures don't explode over the next few weeks, then it will make it very difficult for the SG to justify their position of not allowing fans, however if there's a significant increase in the transmission rates in England then I'm afraid we can forget fans for a while yet.

15 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Yes, but the number allowed into Somerset Park right now is 0. Therein lies the problem.

15 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Yes, but the number allowed into Somerset Park right now is 0. Therein lies the problem.

That's also the case in many places, I watched Bayern v Leipzig tonight and it was the same, the fact is fans are allowed in under certain conditions but the numbers when they are is too low. 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's also the case in many places, I watched Bayern v Leipzig tonight and it was the same, the fact is fans are allowed in under certain conditions but the numbers when they are is too low. 

Most of Europe are actually entering even more stringent regulations than ourselves, it is in fact England that is the outlier here by allowing fans and reopening hospitality when most are currently doing the opposite.

Only time will tell who has made the better decisions.

Most of Europe are actually entering even more stringent regulations than ourselves, it is in fact England that is the outlier here by allowing fans and reopening hospitality when most are currently doing the opposite.
Only time will tell who has made the better decisions.

Last month most of Europe was allowing limited fans in, we weren’t. Bars in many European countries have not closed unlike here.

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:
11 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I'm pretty confident there'll be some fans in by march. The vaccine will slowly be having an effect, and the end will be in sight. It'll be a gradual relaxation of the rules, but they surely won't keep us locked up until June!

That’s very bullish based on previous history. I’d expect if numbers improve Scotland will still be relatively closed down chasing virus eradication or some other plan. Keep seeing rumours south ayrshire changing  tier this week Isn’t certain due to new criteria emerging. 

10 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Last month most of Europe was allowing limited fans in, we weren’t. Bars in many European countries have not closed unlike here.

There's been no fans at matches in the major European nations for months, Italy had planned on a phased return in September but then shelved the idea as the virus rates increased dramatically.

As for "Bars", they've been closed in France, Germany & Italy for weeks / months and will continue to be closed until the end of January. Spain only last week permitted Bars to reopen, however at a 30% capacity and towns also have a weekend lockdown with no travel outwith their own town.

I've really no idea where you've been getting your "News", but I'd suggest you maybe look elsewhere.

There's been no fans at matches in the major European nations for months, Italy had planned on a phased return in September but then shelved the idea as the virus rates increased dramatically.
As for "Bars", they've been closed in France, Germany & Italy for weeks / months and will continue to be closed until the end of January. Spain only last week permitted Bars to reopen, however at a 30% capacity and towns also have a weekend lockdown with no travel outwith their own town.
I've really no idea where you've been getting your "News", but I'd suggest you maybe look elsewhere.

Spanish bars have been open since June. Fans were back in France, Germany, Spain and even Belgium in September and October.
My “news” on Spanish bars comes from my own experience not the internet like some people.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

That’s very bullish based on previous history. I’d expect if numbers improve Scotland will still be relatively closed down chasing virus eradication or some other plan. Keep seeing rumours south ayrshire changing  tier this week Isn’t certain due to new criteria emerging. 

Mr Swinney stated definitively that tier four arrangements would not be extended - he couldn’t possibly backtrack yet again on an issue! 

As @itzdrk said it’s the numbers that are the issue. 300 - 500 is tier two would possibly be more fair, and then 10 - 20% of capacity in tier one. I’ll accept if this doesn’t happen until after January, but it really shouldn’t take any longer. 

We obviously still wouldn’t have fans in but as far as I know the numbers are reducing so hopefully reach tier two eventually...

24 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Mr Swinney stated definitively that tier four arrangements would not be extended - he couldn’t possibly backtrack yet again on an issue! 

As @itzdrk said it’s the numbers that are the issue. 300 - 500 is tier two would possibly be more fair, and then 10 - 20% of capacity in tier one. I’ll accept if this doesn’t happen until after January, but it really shouldn’t take any longer. 

We obviously still wouldn’t have fans in but as far as I know the numbers are reducing so hopefully reach tier two eventually...

There is a fair chance in January we will be in another lockdown. I think your view of football fans returning to grounds  is miles apart from our government in the list of priorities. We currently have a tier system where criteria/figures are clearly stated yet many regions are locked down or restricted. We even have a few areas where football fans could be back right now however look at the speed of implementation. 

Each January brings winter pressures to the Nhs where it grinds to a halt. With covid added this year I’d expect verY little to change until end of March. The furlough scheme being extended is the tool our govt needed to keep life tight. At the end of March things may start to open however this won’t all be at once and it depends where football sits in the queue if we are to beat the end of season 

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

There is a fair chance in January we will be in another lockdown. I think your view of football fans returning to grounds  is miles apart from our government in the list of priorities. We currently have a tier system where criteria/figures are clearly stated yet many regions are locked down or restricted. We even have a few areas where football fans could be back right now however look at the speed of implementation. 

Each January brings winter pressures to the Nhs where it grinds to a halt. With covid added this year I’d expect verY little to change until end of March. The furlough scheme being extended is the tool our govt needed to keep life tight. At the end of March things may start to open however this won’t all be at once and it depends where football sits in the queue if we are to beat the end of season 

I don’t disagree, however if areas move towards tier one along with vulnerable groups being vaccinated there really is no excuse for only 300 fans in tier one. 

5 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Spanish bars have been open since June. Fans were back in France, Germany, Spain and even Belgium in September and October.
My “news” on Spanish bars comes from my own experience not the internet like some people.

This is just rubbish.

21 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They don't have at all, they have to shower at home, players have to travel home in the kit they wore (or get changed in the car park) There is a player who plays for a team in the North east who stays in Dumfries and has to drive home in his match kit. 

That's not necessarily the case. They aren't allowed to shower certainly but most grounds, certainly including Ayr and Palmerston (not sure about Alloa) have changing facilities even if not the regular changing rooms. It may be true for some of the smaller grounds though.

And I assume you are referring to Scott Hooper whose manager Barry Ferguson has been in the paper complaining about that. He's not in the North East though. He was at Peterhead last season but he's now at Kelty Hearts.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's not necessarily the case. They aren't allowed to shower certainly but most grounds, certainly including Ayr and Palmerston (not sure about Alloa) have changing facilities even if not the regular changing rooms. It may be true for some of the smaller grounds though.

And I assume you are referring to Scott Hooper whose manager Barry Ferguson has been in the paper complaining about that. He's not in the North East though. He was at Peterhead last season but he's now at Kelty Hearts.

To be fair, It is north east of Ayr.

I thought it was John Robertson but it might have been Barry Ferguson that said it.  

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

For anyone who likes to indulge in a bit of schadenfreude, have a look at how McCall is doing at the family club. 🤣 

I saw they only had 3 outfield subs yesterday, either injury ravaged or McCall has continued his trend of signing perpetually injured players