The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There were clubs in our league not offering medical coverage for injuries. I remember one of our players, maybe Trouten or Docherty tweeting about clubs needing to look after players in that regard. 

I am guessing Ayr do, judging by the amount of players we have had having surgery in the last few years. Things like that can go a long way. 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah I agree. But we need to be in a position of strength before we can do this I.e be a stable Championship club, have an actual manager employed and be showing signs of improvement in other areas that show the ambition that the club has.

At the minute we’re probably one of the last options for players wanting to stay FT. There’s not really any players out there that we could offer a contract to in January and they would jump at it.

There will be the odd player kicking about in the lower leagues or non league that would be willing to make the jump to FT though. Obviously its not a huge pool of talent, but there will be the odd youth player released by premiership clubs who didnt get a FT club, or late developers looking to take the step up. It all depends if you have the right contacts.

Also if we can play on our recent history of giving youngsters a chance or giving players a 2nd chance we should we should be seen as a decent option.

4 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

You never answered his question.

Another thicko. I'm pretty sure it was rhetorical, and if he is genuinely curious I'm sure he can find out for himself rather than slavering his East Ayrshire pish all over our thread.

I'm genuinely convinced that this mob post more on our thread than their own.

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Robbo said last week that with the red zones in place the attendance will be capped about 8/9,000 so wont affect us for the game in a few weeks. Hopefully by the time we have full capacity the vaccine passport nonsense will be binned 

Read again - unseated live outdoor events with more than 4000 people in the audience. There will be more than 4000 unseated spectators at the Killie game.

Edited by RedEd

Cant open the article to see how long it is, I’m hoping it says until the end of the season. 

The fact we’ve appointed him permanently the day after the transfer window closes is an utter fucking joke. They have either known they were doing it and not bothered bringing someone in, or just never thought about it. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cant open the article to see how long it is, I’m hoping it says until the end of the season. 

The fact we’ve appointed him permanently the day after the transfer window closes is an utter fucking joke. They have either known they were doing it and not bothered bringing someone in, or just never thought about it. 

Maybe there weren’t any players in the position we need that would improve the squad? 

Reading the AP article, it is until the end of the season but you can be pretty confident that as long as we aren’t relegated he will be here beyond that. This isn’t a stop gap to look at other options, this is our appointment and it’s shite.