The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Believe it’s a lot more than that 

Brilliant, 6 or 7 quality signings then 

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Tonight's Q&A gonna be a laugh and potential to turn ugly/comical

Rocking up to the first league cup game with a weaker squad than last year.

Still willing to give it time since there's a good few weeks to go until start of league season but it's the fact league cup is seemingly getting seen as a glorified pre season again since we have a squad which is at least 3 or 4 starters away for being complete IMO

I know our group on paper should be a piece of piss apart from St Johnstone however Bullen's record in these games is pretty poor and we always make it difficult for ourselves 

Don't see it turning ugly sadly as the vast majority of those going will be the ones that think Smith and Co can't do anything wrong. Fully expecting it to be a massive love in. 

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Can just tell some walloper is going to say something tonight to proper piss one of Smith, Mathie or Bullen off lol

I was thinking some wallopers would be doing the exact opposite 

34 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That "process" seemed to get us Dempsey, Albinson and Dipo.

The previous "good" processes captured Tom Walsh, Joe Chalmers, Jordan Houston etc, etc, etc.

The point being, there is no magic formula or silver bullet, just ask the teams that finished below us last season and the ones who were relegated as I'm guessing THEIR transfer policies weren't exactly deemed a great success......

I don’t count Albinson a success under this model in the same fashion I won’t count Ashford as a failure. They were signed under a different regime and scouting from different people. This is purely from Glendinning and Mathie coming in. 

Can't say I'm surprised JML is away.  Didn't look like he had been back up since pre-season began and didn't feature in any of the games.  Speaking of which, has Ashford played in any pre-season games?  If not, I wondered if he might be moving on as well.  The one crumb of hope for @Richey Edwards is Bangala played the other night....

15 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Can't say I'm surprised JML is away.  Didn't look like he had been back up since pre-season began and didn't feature in any of the games.  Speaking of which, has Ashford played in any pre-season games?  If not, I wondered if he might be moving on as well.  The one crumb of hope for @Richey Edwards is Bangala played the other night....

Ashford was at East Kilbride but only doing light training apparently had blue tape around his Knee so must be an injury during the summer 

Edited by muZZa__44
Wrong body part

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

After we sign a Right back ??

Yet every club in the league targets our left back, even EK were after him, but you keep banging that RB drum, both positions will be addressed and JML won't be the last to leave. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Wonder what's happened with JML, while releasing him isn't particularly strange the timing is off.  

Wonder if he's refused to come back up.  

Suppose that's a potential risk with the model of trying to sign younger players from England; they might not settle up here and be homesick.  

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I don’t count Albinson a success under this model in the same fashion I won’t count Ashford as a failure. They were signed under a different regime and scouting from different people. This is purely from Glendinning and Mathie coming in. 

Ashford was signed whilst Glendinning was at the club, no? 

You’re correct on Albinson though. He was a total punt in the same way Adeloye was. 

37 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't that recruitment process just bagged a club record fee?

As well as that, we’ve had to release 2 or 3 players with a year left on their contract as they’ve been duds, they’ve not left without a pay off so we’ve had to outlay lump sums to get them out of contract. 

Also it won’t be a record fee, might be third on that list. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Wonder what's happened with JML, while releasing him isn't particularly strange the timing is off.  

Hope he refused means the club wouldn’t have to pay his contract off.

We can’t take any of these games for granted as we are serously short of bodies and quality.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I had heard he wasn’t settled here and a lack of game time probably didn’t help that in the same way O’Connor eventually got fed up. 

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I don't know what age you are but can only assume from your posts that you're under 30 given that WE in Scotland have already been down this road of "Billionaire and Multi Millionaire owners" and look where it left many of the clubs and the league ??

The point I'm making is that it's simply about money and clubs spending WAY beyond their means. Any club can sign any player if they have the financial backing, just look at Man City, it wasn't so long ago they were languishing in the 3rd tier of English Football or Bournemouth and Brighton who were both playing in the 4th tier in front of a couple of thousand fans. Now the top clubs in Germany, France and even Spain can't compete with them in the transfer market !!

I could give you Motherwell, Dundee, Hearts, Gretna, Sevco etc, etc who were all doing what your clubs in England are doing just now and it's simply unsustainable, all it takes is a Global recession / market crash (which is coming), boredom, ill health etc and your club is gone, erased from History and nobody will give a toss apart from a few shedding crocodile tears in the media for the first week or two.

Be careful what you wish for......

You are way out with your guessitimate at my age.

I’m referring to the level/standard of football not necessarily how clubs spend what they have.  As for you saying that what the English clubs are doing is unsustainable, make a note of the crowd sizes in Leagues 1 and 2 in Scotland and tell me those leagues are sustainable.  
I’ve attended many games over many decades to support my team and I’ve attended many league games in England and from what I’ve seen the Scottish Championship is no better than League2/National League in England.  In fact at times I’ve glad the Jags weren’t in the National League, we’d have been embarrassing.

Good luck to Dipo but the ‘ wanting to go back for my family ‘ stuff is obviously not the case.