The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Seems they avoided any Falkirk esque "It was a statement, not a question" type scenarios, so that's a bonus

Glad to hear fullback issue is known and they're looking to address it.

The only issue I had with both full back responses was the he still thinks Reading didn’t have a bad season and at right back he mentioned Hewitt would be focussed there this season, mentioned McAllister and Watret will have a crack, although Watret won’t be relied upon for a full year. So are we going to bring in a right back on top of having 3 already here? Get the feeling Ecrepont will be allowed to leave if he finds a club to go to. 

Aye I was quite happy the boy asked about communication only for him to say off the pitch it’s great but the players don’t talk enough on it. Bullen then explained his opinion and the guy replied “well I still think they could all talk more”. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

The only issue I had with both full back responses was the he still thinks Reading didn’t have a bad season and at right back he mentioned Hewitt would be focussed there this season, mentioned McAllister and Watret will have a crack, although Watret won’t be relied upon for a full year. So are we going to bring in a right back on top of having 3 already here? Get the feeling Ecrepont will be allowed to leave if he finds a club to go to. 

I definitely think he’d rather bring in a left back to try and push/overtake Reading but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hewitt and Ecrepont both leave and two new full backs come in.

I feel sorry for Ecrepont. How bad must it feel to not be fancied at left back behind Reading.

I don't accept Bullen's argument that it's because there is no competition for Reading. Reading simply isn't good enough and is targeted by the opposition repeatedly. Its been a problem for at least a whole season, arguably two.

At least he has acknowledged the problem. I suppose.

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I was quite happy the boy asked about communication only for him to say off the pitch it’s great but the players don’t talk enough on it. Bullen then explained his opinion and the guy replied “well I still think they could all talk more”. 

They're no listening to each other.....aww Jesus Christ."

I got the impression that the club are quite happy the deal has gone through for Dipo and Smith alluded that it’ll open up the possibility for more deals to take place. I’d be hoping a striker and full back are next in the door. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I definitely think he’d rather bring in a left back to try and push/overtake Reading but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hewitt and Ecrepont both leave and two new full backs come in.

Aye a definitely. If we moved both on and got a full back in both sides I’d be delighted. However feels like a proper rebuild now as we are still 2 winners and a striker short minimum plus the full back situation. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I fell sorry for Ecrepont. How bad must it feel to not be fancied at left back behind Reading.

I don't accept Bullen's argument that it's because there is no competition for Reading. Reading simply isn't good enough and is targeted by the opposition repeatedly. Its been a problem for at least a whole season, arguably two.

I don’t think he’s ever going to come out and say Reading isn’t good enough but he clearly thinks he’s got potential and last season was poor rather than outright terrible. 

Some of the questions were really good. I really liked the one where they were all asked what player surprised them the most and Bullen said Charlie Albinson as he had barely played when Bullen came to the club. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Definitely, were weak in both positions, but clearly always targeted at LB, I actually like Paddy and think he'd be a decent squad player ideally further forward, also feel sorry for Ecrepont who's looked decent and unfairly judged when unwell and exposed at Firhhill. 

On the stadium, I can take a bit more time to write it. 

They are building the whole stand, roof, seats etc and a hospitality section due to the rise in the initial cost. The areas will be mothballed, Smith joked that it would be additional advertising space for Martin to sell. They won't kit out the sensory room, extra toilets, business lounge and the offices won't move from the hub for now. There is some gas layer required now and the land needs piled which has increased costs massively. By Christmas, the stand will look complete but due to safety protocols they would have paid for had we been promoted, the north terrace will be out of commission all season. The attendance will drop to about 6000 during that time so there shouldn't be an issue with limiting crowds. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I fell sorry for Ecrepont. How bad must it feel to not be fancied at left back behind Reading.

I don't think anybody raised concerns about Reading two seasons ago did they? He's devoid of confidence that is very clear and it's upto the manager and his coaching team to try and get him back to somewhere he was before. That's their job, especially at our level. Don't feel sorry for Ecrepont either, the game's all about opinions. On here, on the terraces and in the dugout. That's a few managers who have decided against giving him an extended run in the first team. Are they all wrong? Time will tell.

He's a big boy now and I really hope he goes off and makes a name for himself at a decent level. Will it be in the Championship though? 

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I don't think anybody raised concerns about Reading two seasons ago did they? He's devoid of confidence that is very clear and it's upto the manager and his coaching team to try and get him back to somewhere he was before. That's their job, especially at our level. Don't feel sorry for Ecrepont either, the game's all about opinions. On here, on the terraces and in the dugout. That's a few managers who have decided against giving him an extended run in the first team. Are they all wrong? Time will tell.

He's a big boy now and I really hope he goes off and makes a name for himself at a decent level. Will it be in the Championship though? 

I remember raising concerns about Reading in the first game of the season. When a geriatric Chris Burke turned him inside out away to Killie. I'm sure there were a fair few who were worried.

I find it difficult not to feel sorry for Ecrepont when he's bearly been given a run in the team. When someone who clearly isn't up to it is picked consistently ahead of you.

As you say, we don't see them in training and it's multiple managers but he's been with the club for 11 years now. If he does go, he goes with my best wishes and I hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Just on Dipo. The money is better than what we were offered in January and Mathie said he knew from the outset that Gillingham was a terrible deal for Ayr as they wanted it all in installments based on goals and games but he wasn’t confident that they had much faith in Dipo and he’d never meet those conditions for us. 

Bullen admitted he’d had his head turned in January in fact he said he had “his head up his backside” for a month and that plus many other things contributed to the teams slide in the third quarter. 

Mathies part annoyed me. Maybe having worked for some large companies and attended many presentations and meetings, his approach annoyed me massively.

Season tickets, the option to pay monthly added complexity and there were a number of instalment plans (over 500 I think) that were processed by one person, that person had other tasks to complete as well so the process wasn't as smooth as it could have been. 

If I was Dave Smith, the first thing I would have said to him after was, what the f**k was that? What analysis was done before you put this in to action?  what was the deadline to have all applications processed and what recovery plan did you have in place when it looked like one person couldn't manage it? What communication was put out to apologise or set expectations ? 
All of this rather than, it looks like we could have handled this better in hindsight. 

The Media side of it, someone, maybe Bullen said that people are raging after a result but come the Tuesday they are desperate for the Saturday to come round. This is true but the club do very little in terms of video output to harness it. 

Someone mentioned streaming, He said that he was thinking about Friday night games or Saturday tea time games to maximise the matchday experience (and revenue) The discussion led to, Arbroath and Inverness don't bring big crowds, would it be an idea to play them on a Saturday evening, get 500 away fans streaming the game and have the hub open from lunch time with live music, food etc. 

No one seemed really up for the kick-off changes