The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Still trying to he positive...

Murphy looks like a baller.

Bullen looked seething in the post match. Hopefully he'll have them fired up for ICT at home.

I know the feeling.

My honest interpretation of the game yesterday - fairly even first half and Murphy looked a threat. He was unlucky not to score and it was a great save from mcdonald.  The game becomes a bit more edgy and fiery which works in our favour after murdochs tackle. Ayr then score and we seem to move up a gear. Quitongo going off allowed Crawford to push further up the pitch and Gillespie and Power worked well to control midfield.  We score 3 goals and could have had another 1. 

Wouldn't say it was all doom and gloom for Ayr but the first half right back completely lost his head and had to come off. His replacement looked so far out of his depth it was unreal. Murphy looked a threat the whole game and Amartey looked dangerous at times but went down far too easy. Mcginty back to his old self as well for the penalty although I thought he and Oakley had a great battle throughout the game.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Still trying to he positive...

Murphy looks like a baller.

Bullen looked seething in the post match. Hopefully he'll have them fired up for ICT at home.

Me too!

We should hopefully be a completely different team once playing with an actual striker too, and recruit someone to play in the McKenzie style role. 

The guys we have up front currently try their best, but aren’t really able to hold it up, link play or score at this level on their own or with each other. The impact of what I hope is an actual striker could be huge. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Where is Albinson sprinting away to at the Crawford goal?

To have a go at the referee or Pendlebury…

Think he was complaining to the ref for not stopping the game as pendlebury was down injured. Don’t think the ref has to stop as it’s not a head injury so he was wasting his time. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

My honest interpretation of the game yesterday - fairly even first half and Murphy looked a threat. He was unlucky not to score and it was a great save from mcdonald.  The game becomes a bit more edgy and fiery which works in our favour after murdochs tackle. Ayr then score and we seem to move up a gear. Quitongo going off allowed Crawford to push further up the pitch and Gillespie and Power worked well to control midfield.  We score 3 goals and could have had another 1. 

Wouldn't say it was all doom and gloom for Ayr but the first half right back completely lost his head and had to come off. His replacement looked so far out of his depth it was unreal. Murphy looked a threat the whole game and Amartey looked dangerous at times but went down far too easy. Mcginty back to his old self as well for the penalty although I thought he and Oakley had a great battle throughout the game.

That's very fair and pretty much sums it up for me.

I admit I lost the plot with my post yesterday and was just really frustrated. Morton is a derby type match for myself as half my family is from Greenock and I'm also a former IBM'r myself, however that doesn't excuse the fact that I was very unfair on your team and to be honest blamed Morton for our own shortcomings.

You'll do ok this year as you have a team of guys willing to run through a brick wall for the Manager and each other and I must admit Robbie Crawford looked the best player on the pitch which for us is hard to take as he barely made a tackle when in an Ayr jersey but that's all certainly changed !!

As for us, the RB just won't do and we need some more creativity in the middle of the park and probably a target man up top also, if we can get that then we have the makings of a decent side but of course that's a big IF.

Anyway, apologies for my way over the top post yesterday and all the best.

20 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I admit I lost the plot with my post yesterday and was just really frustrated. Morton is a derby type match for myself as half my family is from Greenock and I'm also a former IBM'r myself, however that doesn't excuse the fact that I was very unfair on your team and to be honest blamed Morton for our own shortcomings.

You'll do ok this year as you have a team of guys willing to run through a brick wall for the Manager and each other and I must admit Robbie Crawford looked the best player on the pitch which for us is hard to take as he barely made a tackle when in an Ayr jersey but that's all certainly changed !!

As for us, the RB just won't do and we need some more creativity in the middle of the park and probably a target man up top also, if we can get that then we have the makings of a decent side but of course that's a big IF.

No need for apologies although it's appreciated. I'm sure we will all have days and reactions boiling down to pure frustration.  The joys of supporting our local teams!!

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Robbie Crawford looked the best player on the pitch which for us is hard to take as he barely made a tackle when in an Ayr jersey but that's all certainly changed !!

😂 insane level posting.  Phone away. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

They’ll have to make some signings this week to lift things and to get them integrated in to the team.

If we are going to be shite while Bullen works this out we could do without adding 3-4 players at the end of the month

Have you considered the distinct possibility that this won't happen, and that the incoming might be limited to two random loan signings (which based on previous form might both be wingers)?

The club started its business far too late in the window for the third year in a row and for whatever reason seems to have missed out on about half a dozen targets to other teams in the same league.

On 04/08/2023 at 19:10, D'Jaffo said:

Depending on what contribution we are paying for Ahui and whatever Hewitt was on then we might have added something to the budget to help get something else over the line.

Serious question, but surely you haven't spent all of the £1/4 million you got? You've got plenty for the right player, so why haven't you got them?

Think it’s handy after the first game of the season to assess where we are with signings. I think Ahui and McGeady will be fine. Ahui needs a bit of time to adapt to a harder league and McGeady needs to be kept away until he is clearly fit enough to actually play. 

I would say we still need another wide player and left back if Ecrepont isn’t up to it. However I reckon we could do with another midfielder to help us in situations where we start to shit the bed like we did at 1-1.

Looking back on it our play was fine until the equaliser which was encouraging as we tried to impose ourselves but we bottled it far too easily after Crawford scored. That’s the annoying thing as it isn’t anything new under Bullen and whilst I think at times we’ve shown a lot of character in his time here, we also show a fragile side at times that costs us in big matches. 

I’d persevere with the three strikers we have plus Amartey can be used through the middle as well. I don’t think we’ll have huge issues this season scoring goals but I think with the midfield and defence as it is we’ll have trouble coping with pressure.