The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was Bullen in the hub again after the game, quotes from him in the advertiser: “I know there was a bit of shouting on Friday, but a majority of the fans that I spoke to after the game gave a 'keep your heads up, that was a much better performance, well done, we can get out of this’ - they can see there is light at the end of the tunnel.

f**k me the sycophants in the hub are not representative of the wider support and never have been. The sooner the powers that be realise that we might actually get Bullen emptied and get someone in who knows what they are doing. 

It's the same sneery types that were looking to blame the young team for the stewards and sniffer dogs. They must have provoked them they said. 

If they represent #Weareunited I want nothing to do with them. Always assuming the club is right is unhealthy.

Edited by Trogdor

41 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was Bullen in the hub again after the game, quotes from him in the advertiser: “I know there was a bit of shouting on Friday, but a majority of the fans that I spoke to after the game gave a 'keep your heads up, that was a much better performance, well done, we can get out of this’ - they can see there is light at the end of the tunnel.

They go in there after every game i'm pretty sure

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

f**k me the sycophants in the hub are not representative of the wider support and never have been. The sooner the powers that be realise that we might actually get Bullen emptied and get someone in who knows what they are doing. 

It's the same sneery types that were looking to blame the young team for the stewards and sniffer dogs. They must have provoked them they said. 

If they represent #Weareunited I want nothing to do with them. Always assuming the club is right is unhealthy.

Its not the same folk who comment on every one of Dave Smith tweets is it ?

Genuine "he's not going to shag you" stuff

36 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think the majority of what is agreed with here is actually reflective of the majority of the support. And anyway, even if you did see Bullen after the game would you say to him what you say on here. I wouldn't, not really any need for that.

Nah, you would obviously show some human decency - certainly wouldn’t be saying well done. I think I would ask him about his thinking behind Amartey though. 

Most people I know share the thoughts on here tbh. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Nah, you would obviously show some human decency - certainly wouldn’t be saying well done. I think I would ask him about his thinking behind Amartey though. 

Maybe it was an ironic well done and it just flew right over BGMs head?

49 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think the majority of what is agreed with here is actually reflective of the majority of the support. And anyway, even if you did see Bullen after the game would you say to him what you say on here. I wouldn't, not really any need for that.

The vast majority of people I have spoken to are Bullen out or at very least acknowledging that something needs to change fast. 

I went into the hub as soon as the third goal went in. Already a few folk in there and most were raging. I left around half 10 and Bullen hadn’t made an appearance at that point. 

Had he been there I wouldn’t have abused him nor should anyone else. I’d of probably just had blanked him. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I have felt, and voiced in on here for a while that we were heading in this direction and we needed to change things to halt the decline. I took some amount of abuse for it, as did some others. I notice some of the most vocal have been absent from here in recent weeks. 

We are now at our lowest point since Hopkin left and its about fixing it now. So I am strangely not arsed about sacking Bullen currently. It is obvious that Rose is not up to it currently and we have brought in Dowds. We still have a couple of weeks of the loan window to shift players about. 

The problems are bigger than Bullen, underperforming players, poor recruitment, an obvious lack of learning from individuals, particularly in defence. 

Results will dictate what happens now and if they continue, I think Bullen will walk, I have gotten the impression from the last two post match interviews that he is deflated rather that frustrated. He needs points quickly. 

35 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I've just been reading the statement again and this bit is confusing me a little. 

"At no point were dogs permitted to be deployed within the crowd and we have received an apology from the organisation in question"

How did the dogs actually get in to the stadium if they weren't permitted? Did none of the staff at the club know they were in? Did turnstile operators/stewards see them and just not think you say anything? Did Provan give them the go ahead?

There's definitely going to be some hefty repercussions from this. 

Edited by Shibuya

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have felt, and voiced in on here for a while that we were heading in this direction and we needed to change things to halt the decline. I took some amount of abuse for it, as did some others. I notice some of the most vocal have been absent from here in recent weeks. 

We are now at our lowest point since Hopkin left and its about fixing it now. So I am strangely not arsed about sacking Bullen currently. It is obvious that Rose is not up to it currently and we have brought in Dowds. We still have a couple of weeks of the loan window to shift players about. 

The problems are bigger than Bullen, underperforming players, poor recruitment, an obvious lack of learning from individuals, particularly in defence. 

Results will dictate what happens now and if they continue, I think Bullen will walk, I have gotten the impression from the last two post match interviews that he is deflated rather that frustrated. He needs points quickly. 

The addition of Dowds has the potential to make us better, in terms of finishing eighth as opposed to cut adrift in ninth/tenth. He doesn’t even need to do a great deal - just to be able to act as a focal point and chip in with the odd goal. At the moment we don’t even have a striker that resembles a football player. From all accounts, Dowds is a worker so that means we then have no reason to play McKenzie and can get another technical player in the team in either McGeady or Amartey depending on the opposition. 

Whether the difference of Dowds can make up for the huge inexperience in midfield and the full back weaknesses, I don’t know, but we need to hope so. 

As an aside, QP aren’t going to play long ball football so playing McGinty is absolutely pointless…

Edited by No_Problemo

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As an aside, QP aren’t going to play long ball football so playing McGinty is absolutely pointless…

I bet you one of those giant toblerones that Bullen enjoys that he starts Big Sean.

Edited by Trogdor