The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Nelson said:

If only we hadn’t been knocked out of the Challenge Cup….  

I think we needed that Falkirk result for a bit of a factory reset. Although we got skudded by Thistle the following week you could see improvements from the Falkirk, Livingston and Caley games. Those improvements have continued every game since with the addition of Dowds. 

Dowds is really quite useful. I thought he would be fine but nothing more. 

However, he is a very good focal point for whole team. He does everything pretty well tbh. By that I mean he is more than a big target man.

I'd be delighted if we could get him off of Partick. 

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Dowds is really quite useful. I thought he would be fine but nothing more. 

However, he is a very good focal point for whole team. He does everything pretty well tbh. By that I mean he is more than a big target man.

I'd be delighted if we could get him off of Partick. 

In an ideal world we’ll get PCA agreed with Dowds (if he continues his current performances/goal scoring) and Chalmers in January. Chalmers will no doubt have other suitors but hopefully with his Tranmere move and lack of game time at Dundee United he’ll realise that the grass isn’t always greener. Apparently we were holding out for a permanent move in the summer however with the injuries to Murdoch/Dempsey we rushed through a loan move so we could focus on centre midfield targets. 

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In an ideal world we’ll get PCA agreed with Dowds (if he continues his current performances/goal scoring) and Chalmers in January. Chalmers will no doubt have other suitors but hopefully with his Tranmere move and lack of game time at Dundee United he’ll realise that the grass isn’t always greener. Apparently we were holding out for a permanent move in the summer however with the injuries to Murdoch/Dempsey we rushed through a loan move so we could focus on centre midfield targets. 

The problem with both players is that Ayr fans aren’t likely to be the only ones to notice their performances should they continue.

Both parent clubs have made it pretty clear that the players have no future with them and both are trying to impress other clubs this season.

There are probably 12 clubs fishing the same waters when it comes to players, across the top 3 leagues and we will have to come up with something special to keep one or both. 

It’s a bit like the McInroy situation. We give him a platform and he gets a move to the top flight on twice the wage we offer. 

The club can’t officially offer anything until January to the player, so the best bet would be to pay fees before January to ensure we are getting them. The problem with that would be, can we afford it ? And have the players gone from looking for any way out of their clubs to looking for a way upwards. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s a bit like the McInroy situation. We give him a platform and he gets a move to the top flight on twice the wage we offer.

I think the problem we will have getting Logan is he is already on more than twice the wages we offer. He will have to consider being happy and regular football over money.

1 minute ago, JohnGAYR said:

I think the problem we will have getting Logan is he is already on more than twice the wages we offer. He will have to consider being happy and regular football over money.

He needs someone who is willing to pay it though and Dundee United do t look like they want to beyond the end of the season.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The problem with both players is that Ayr fans aren’t likely to be the only ones to notice their performances should they continue.

Both parent clubs have made it pretty clear that the players have no future with them and both are trying to impress other clubs this season.

There are probably 12 clubs fishing the same waters when it comes to players, across the top 3 leagues and we will have to come up with something special to keep one or both. 

The club can’t officially offer anything until January to the player, so the best bet would be to pay fees before January to ensure we are getting them. The problem with that would be, can we afford it ? And have the players gone from looking for any way out of their clubs to looking for a way upwards. 

Dowds is a good Championship centre forward who's had a tough time of it at Thistle and Falkirk ,perhaps a three year contract at Ayr where he is going to play every week will suffice . Obviously we'll have to pay the going rate , I think this guy is worth it .

Logan is entirely different case . If he continues to show case himself with us it will be another McInroy situation . He could move up to a bottom half Premiership side with out much problem .However would he play every week ? For him to stay with us Smith would need to push the boat out a bit . The question is are we at that stage come the season's end ????

26 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I hope I'm not the only one who fails to understand Scott McKenna's involvement against Spain tonight 🤔 I thought he was pants with Ayr.

McKenna always looked a classy player, he just had brain farts regularly and looked like he didn’t care