The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Just waiting for us to go full #imminent and then announce an extension to Jack Young's loan. 

An #imminent then Bullen contract extension announcement for full mass cranial detachments all over Ayrshire.

2 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I have a horrible feeling that if we stay up, even by the skin of our teeth, Bullen will still be here next season.

He's maybe not signed a new contract yet but that doesn't mean he won't.

I’m not too sure - I think he’ll probably want to head back down to Sheffield where all his family are…He’s come up here done a good job - got his managerial credibility up….

6 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

I have a horrible feeling that if we stay up, even by the skin of our teeth, Bullen will still be here next season.

200.gif?cid=ff874017laiejngg1dashxe1z33d

12 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Yeah that's my thoughts too. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

QP are on the verge of making a signing albeit it’s a 33 year old crock who barely plays. 

I can’t see Airdrie making many changes and I think Morton might be the same as us where they have to wait and see what falls their way in the final week or so. 

Even if they could get somewhere between a half and 3/4 of the remaining games out of him, it’s probably a very good signing for them. 

33 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

He’s a yes man who will never challenge Mathie so every chance he’s still here next season regardless of what league we’re in.

f**k me, if that's the case my self imposed exile could last a while. This is the hill I die on.

The cup game will be a stark reminder to management. Every season ticket holder I've spoken to isn't going. If the crowd is in three digits it sends a pretty powerful message.

Edited by Trogdor

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

f**k me, if that's the case my self imposed exile could last a while. This is the hill I die on.

The cup game will be a stark reminder to management. Every season ticket holder I've spoken to isn't going. If the crowd is in three digits it sends a pretty powerful message.

It looks like the club are doing everything to prevent a 3 figure attendance with the ‘Team for £50’

14 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

At this point, I could genuinely see that happening. He and the club would see it as him hitting his targets.

You Are Amazing Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

I could see us getting relegated and him still being around.  

There is something quite funny about how the club has finally signed someone on the commercial side who actually knows how to run a Twitter account. Unfortunately that Twitter account is shared by a football team who would rather very much not mention anything about how they're doing this season.

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Akinyemi was more of a freak than anything else. We aren’t likely to get that lucky again in any market. 

Sir Lawrence and to a lesser extent Adeloye? Players that were rightly lauded and mourned when they left. Probably mentioned on here that we wouldn't get as lucky again.

I get they both left for free so there are slight differences but maybe lightning does strike more than once.

10 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Sir Lawrence and to a lesser extent Adeloye? Players that were rightly lauded and mourned when they left. Probably mentioned on here that we wouldn't get as lucky again.

I get they both left for free so there are slight differences but maybe lightning does strike more than once.

Adeloye was alright…Certainly not on Dipos or shanks level - did the job, kept us up…He should’ve had about 20 goals with the amount of sitters he missed…

1 minute ago, Tommy_ayr said:

Adeloye was alright…Certainly not on Dipos or shanks level - did the job, kept us up…He should’ve had about 20 goals with the amount of sitters he missed…

Agreed. That's another argument altogether though. A Partick fan at work says he missed a couple of really decent chances on Saturday past before he ended up scoring a couple.

Nothing seems to have changed.