The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From what has been said, we offered Oakley a 50%. Wage raise. So if he was on £500 a week at Morton, we have offered £750 a week. Which would make him one of the higher earners at Ayr. These numbers are a guess but I doubt Morton are paying much more and we certainly couldn’t offer more than £750 a week

I think Logan blew your idea of our wage ceiling out the water last season .

28 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

I think Logan blew your idea of our wage ceiling out the water last season .

We may have been paying a % of his wage though. 
I also have no insight in to the wage structure other than McInroy was offered £900 a week and was offered x3 by Kilmarnock. 

32 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

From what has been said, we offered Oakley a 50%. Wage raise. So if he was on £500 a week at Morton, we have offered £750 a week. Which would make him one of the higher earners at Ayr. These numbers are a guess but I doubt Morton are paying much more and we certainly couldn’t offer more than £750 a week. 

Was big Sean not allegedly on £1k a while back (according to Morton Fans) plus we gave him an extension, presumably with improved terms.

Minimum wage must be over £400 a week for a full timer so be very surprised if Oakley was on as little as £500 a week.

3 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Was big Sean not allegedly on £1k a while back (according to Morton Fans) plus we gave him an extension, presumably with improved terms.

Minimum wage must be over £400 a week for a full timer so be very surprised if Oakley was on as little as £500 a week.

Footballers make up their wage on bonuses. Oakley would likely be on £500-700 a week at Morton, most of the Ayr team would be on the same. 

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Looks like SRE could be green and white?

IMG_8450.jpeg

They’ll probably need to decide if it’s going to season ticket holders first or just straight to general sale. There’s also the issue of making sure it’s actually sold to Ayr fans and not Celtic fans who didn’t get a ticket. 

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

IMG_8450.jpeg

I think most likely the  North terrace, with changing the ticket supplier, they can’t only sell tickets to people for the SRE to people with existing accounts. 

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

IMG_8450.jpeg

A few of them fans at work have said they'll buy every ticket we can give them, easy.... if it was a cup game, I'd want a fair split... but for this, take the £ and run. I'm only intending to go, because it's my birthday and I'll be making a day/night of it.

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We may have been paying a % of his wage though. 
I also have no insight in to the wage structure other than McInroy was offered £900 a week and was offered x3 by Kilmarnock. 

I believe Logan was on £8K a month at DU and we picked up 75% of that . I have a feeling ,given all the hints coming out of the club as well as the recruitment of Brown and Whittaker that the bar is getting well and truly raised this season . The wee plucky Ayr moniker may have to be consigned to the past . 

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Is the ground even dug-friendly? I don't think I've ever seen one in Somerset.

There was one last time I was at Somerset. They even had a nice Handler in a high viz vest.

I don't think the locals were too happy though?

1 minute ago, Dauntless said:

I believe Logan was on £8K a month at DU and we picked up 75% of that . I have a feeling ,given all the hints coming out of the club as well as the recruitment of Brown and Whittaker that the bar is getting well and truly raised this season . The wee plucky Ayr moniker may have to be consigned to the past . 

We signed Chalmers out of pure desperation though. I think we’ll try and avoid spending money like that if we can. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

We signed Chalmers out of pure desperation though. I think we’ll try and avoid spending money like that if we can. 

Dave Smith said in the media broadcast thing from UWS that the last signing tended to come from the 5oo club funds and named LS and Logan  as two they brought in late and were funded from the 500 pot . So you may be correct . However I'm gonna say our front line signings this summer will be well resourced . 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

This 👌 I'd hate to have see the wage/accommodation/expenses bill last season for the crap we desperately drafted! Hopefully a more measured and sensible approach to recruitment will see the wage bill, although probably higher, go a lot lot further.

2 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

There is no way on earth Dundee United were paying a guy who was out on loan for 4 years, £8k a week let alone Ayr paying £6k a week to take him on loan. 
Inverness had him the season before and they didn’t pay that.

Two seasons ago, they recalled him and sent him to Tranmere because they were willing to pay a higher % than us. 
The new developments will allow us to pay more for quality or have a larger squad and it might bump our budget up from mid table to top 4 budget. 
We still need to spend it correctly to be anywhere near top 4. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’ll probably need to decide if it’s going to season ticket holders first or just straight to general sale. There’s also the issue of making sure it’s actually sold to Ayr fans and not Celtic fans who didn’t get a ticket. 

Hi ladz

What Livi ending up doing when the infirm were in town,was only selling tickets through existing season ticket holders.

I wasn't a season ticket holder,but got one of my pals who were.

It did work and the West Stand was free of them apart from hospitality. 

Looking forward to our trip to Ayrshire next season,great job you's have done with Somerset,its looking good. 

Edited by Dav nan Gael

3 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Hooring yourself out to the green pound. 😂 Embarrassing. 

Yous going to stick a temporary club shop in for them as well? 

SAINTS-CELTIC.webp.bd52c2f81e000f9deea8141c241f8d91.webp

A potential 6 figure boost to the club for f**k all. Aye, embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
14 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

There is no way on earth Dundee United were paying a guy who was out on loan for 4 years, £8k a week let alone Ayr paying £6k a week to take him on loan. 
Inverness had him the season before and they didn’t pay that.

Two seasons ago, they recalled him and sent him to Tranmere because they were willing to pay a higher % than us. 
The new developments will allow us to pay more for quality or have a larger squad and it might bump our budget up from mid table to top 4 budget. 
We still need to spend it correctly to be anywhere near top 4.