The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

If Hamilton haven’t freed him but have offered him an initial deal and he rejected it, you’ll be due a fee as he’s not 23 until March. Accies will still hold his registration. 
Just depends on what Accies have done and how firm their stance is on the player. 

They would have had to offer him the same or higher terms for that to be applicable.  Not guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, Only me... said:

Sadly , they will both have points to prove. 

So we'll only put 6 past them? 

22 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think it's going to be two 45 minute teams tonight, so hope it's quite a mixed squad and imagine Hamilton would be our only trialist:

Stone

Watret  Hamilton  Musonda  McMann

Henderson  Syla  Murdoch  Walker

Oakley  Bryden

Ecrepont

Tomlinson  McAllister  Stanger  Reading

Rus Donnelly  Dempsey  Murphy

Dowds  McRoberts

Something along those lines, ideally have another centre mid in on trial we don't know about.

No Hastie? I don’t want to sign the guy but if we have him on trial I think he will get game time 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

No Hastie? I don’t want to sign the guy but if we have him on trial I think he will get game time 

Rus into centre and Hastie on the right then.  Really don't see the need to sign him, but if still here then could see that happening tonight.

How do we actually fit all these forwards in and give them the playing time they’ll have been promised in order for them to sign? Murphy, Rus, Henderson, Walker and Hastie. Five players for two, maybe three positions depending on the formation. Not to mention Tomlinson whose development could be stunted if we don’t play him. 

I wouldn’t have minded the signing of Hastie had we not signed Walker but having both of them whilst we lack the cover in defence seems bizarre.

unless we are fully planning on potentially playing Rus in centre midfield thats the only way i can see us maybe signing Hastie to play back up to Murphy on the left then Henderson and Walker on the right and Tomlinson either back up RB or out on loan to get guaranteed minutes

GK - Stone, Mutch, Ecrepont

RB - McAllister, Tomlinson, Watret

CB - Stanger, Musonda, Hamilton

LB - McMann, Reading

CM - Dempsey, Rus, Murdoch, Syla

RM - Henderson, Walker, McGeady

LM - Murphy, Hastie, Guthrie

ST - Dowds, Oakley, McKenzie, Bryden, McRoberts

Edited by muZZa__44

7 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

unless we are fully planning on potentially playing Rus in centre midfield thats the only way i can see us maybe signing Hastie to play back up to Murphy on the left then Henderson and Walker on the right and Tomlinson either back up RB or out on loan to get guaranteed minutes

GK - Stone, Mutch, Ecrepont

RB - McAllister, Tomlinson, Watret

CB - Stanger, Musonda, Hamilton

LB - McMann, Reading

CM - Dempsey, Rus, Murdoch, Syla

RM - Henderson, Walker, McGeady

LM - Murphy, Hastie, Guthrie

ST - Dowds, Oakley, McKenzie, Bryden, McRoberts

To be fair no one really knows what Rus is like so a deeper role might be what he’s signed for. 

Either way it’s a baws oot attacking side so will be interesting to see how it works. 

25 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

They would have had to offer him the same or higher terms for that to be applicable.  Not guaranteed. 

Yip, that’s what I meant by what Hamilton have done. 
if they offered him lower money and a higher appearance fee, then that would be less guaranteed earnings so he could reject it. 

1 minute ago, Beastie Russell said:

All these wingers and it looks like the pitch has been narrowed 

We’re actually going to be playing from the main stand to the North Stand this season so the pitch has technically been widened. 

Interesting in the interview Rob mentioned possibility of 2 LB playing, Reading and Harvey both played in the Scotland u21 can’t remember which one played in the wingback role and played together so could it be a 3,5,2 then you don’t need a right back?

1 minute ago, Beastie Russell said:

Sounds like a plan, better shift the goals though 

Can’t concede goals if the goals aren’t there. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

Interesting in the interview Rob mentioned possibility of 2 LB playing, Reading and Harvey both played in the Scotland u21 can’t remember which one played in the wingback role and played together so could it be a 3,5,2 then you don’t need a right back?

Was one of them not played more as a winger? 

16 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

His tongue was fully in his cheek there 

17 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Sounds like a plan, better shift the goals though 

Long bangers only. 

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Was one of them not played more as a winger? 

Not sure what you call it  but instead of going from a 3 at the back to 5 it slips more into a 4 without the ball.