The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Thankfully I am in Norway at Scotland game so can’t be accused of being ITK , someone needs to tell me who it is 

Jeanne just can’t help herself. 

5 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Renewed my season today and was told a well known name would be announced on Monday,wouldn’t divulge if Scottish or English, so just have to wait and see.

Club finally announcing Moff away? 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

The Juniors is about 8 quid or something which in relative terms is even worse !!

You also have absolutely no danger of being shouted at wandering into the juniors with a carryout.

22 quid for three stands and no strikers. Michty me.

13 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Am I the only person here that got threw over the turnstile until they were roughly 19 years old?

😆
I do remember taking advantage of the student gate for quite some time. My theory was that putting on a high pitched voice and saying "one student please sir" would get me in. To be fair it did until I was about 30!

At 22 quid I would have to seriously pick and choose my games and just go occasionally. It's reached the point now where I would vote with my feet and simply refuse to attend any more. It's not so much the actual cost as the lack of value for money.

I'd far rather pay 22 quid to go and have a round of golf and do something active than pay that money to passively watch others take part in a crap game of hoofball.

Edited by Young Eddie

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Based on pure entertainment value £22 is taking the absolute piss.  

Think we have approached a £3 difference to watch wee Paddy and Super Sam to Haaland and Gavi. 

It does seem to be the price teams in the league are charging though but that makes it no less ridiculous.  

Remember last year, Mathie said they had benchmarked other teams and were putting the prices up to meet them. No justification other than making money. 

13 minutes ago, Young Eddie said:

😆
I do remember taking advantage of the student gate for quite some time. 

Clydebanks Kilbowie stadium turnstiles were a brick wall with a brick removed at face height and a brick removed to hand money over meaning you could go in to the concessions gate, stand to the side of the hole and hand money over. 
There was always a massive queue at the concessions and zero paying adults. 

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That's going to help get the next generation of supporters through the turnstiles, not....

I find it incredibly strange that our child prices end when you turn 13. It’s not something I had any idea about until tonight. 

Incredibly poor and something that should be urgently looked at IMO. A quick look shows Dunfermline are as bad as us but Morton,  Partick and Inverness charge £5 and £6 for those under 16 while QP charge £8 and Raith £8 or £10 while under 12’s go free. 

Clearly an area we are lagging behind in. Most sides charge £22 for an adult ticket so we can’t really complain, but there is a lack of thought into the pricing for the younger age groups - in particular that 13 - 18 range. 

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Remember last year, Mathie said they had benchmarked other teams and were putting the prices up to meet them. No justification other than making money. 

Why should we be cheaper to watch than any other team in the league , yes £22  is steep but not any dearer than all the rest 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Why should we be cheaper to watch than any other team in the league , yes £22  is steep but not any dearer than all the rest 

If they had said, due to the raise in energy costs. Increase in supply chain costs. Shortfall in the budget, there wouldn't be a feeling that you are being fleeced. 

If you were with vodafone and they said, due to O2 and EE putting tariffs up £2 a month, we are doing the same, you'd think you were getting ripped off. 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

For the 13 - 15 age bracket we are one of the most expensive sides to watch in the league. Treble that of Morton and Inverness and not far off treble Partick either. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

For the 13 - 15 age bracket we are one of the most expensive sides to watch in the league. Treble that of Morton and Inverness and not far off treble Partick either. 

I don’t disagree with you on that , I made my feeling known on that last year when the price was introduced 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If they had said, due to the raise in energy costs. Increase in supply chain costs. Shortfall in the budget, there wouldn't be a feeling that you are being fleeced. 

If you were with vodafone and they said, due to O2 and EE putting tariffs up £2 a month, we are doing the same, you'd think you were getting ripped off. 

I think it’s obvious why the price went up , the same reason most teams have increased prices , not really bothered that teams would need to explain the increase , might be wrong but don’t know why people would think they are being fleeced if they read or hear all the noise going around about inflation and energy costs , surely they can’t think that these costs are not effecting their club

Edited by Finlay21

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t disagree with you on that , I made my feeling known on that last year when the price was introduced 

Fair enough, I completely missed it last year - didn’t realise that it was only introduced relatively recently. Can’t fathom the thinking behind that one whatsoever! One of those things where it’s so poor that you expect someone with sense to get the idea to f**k as soon as someone raises it. 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think it’s obvious why the price went up , the same reason most teams have increased prices , not really bothered that teams would need to explain the increase , might be wrong but don’t know why people would think they are being fleeced if they read or hear all the noise going around about inflation and energy costs , surely they can’t think that these costs are not effecting their club

Mathie specifically said it was benchmarking which raises the questions, if he hadn't given a reason at all, like this year, no one would have questioned it too much. 

8 hours ago, Young Eddie said:

😆
I do remember taking advantage of the student gate for quite some time. My theory was that putting on a high pitched voice and saying "one student please sir" would get me in. To be fair it did until I was about 30!

You're never too old to be a student. I am a student and I am 32.