The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They said that they would have made a loss this season had McKenzie not scored. They just about broke even as a result. Depending on how Dipo's transfer fee is structured, the club may have not seen a penny yet.  Also, not much of a wage is still a wage. It would be illegal to pay them less than about £300 a week. Thats one season ticket plus pension contributions, plus a load of training kit, feeding them during the day, insurance etc. 

(Putting my old quantity surveying hat back on) Typical rule of thumb for an employee is they cost around 1.5-1.8x their salary depending on what package your business offers. I'd expect insurance for footballers to be alot higher than someone working in a clerical job, so wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 1.8x for footballers. 

3 hours ago, OneTeamInAyrsh1re said:

Some of the comments defending ashford on here are hilarious, he’s an atrociously bad footballer, creates no chances, scores no goals, weak and shite technically. 

Apart from that though he's not bad.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ayr still in talks with Chalmers but Dundee United would rather send him down South again. 

Get the feeling this is going to rage on for weeks now, with us all knowing the likely outcome.  If Dundee United are not playing ball, just walk away from it and move on.

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Get the feeling this is going to rage on for weeks now, with us all knowing the likely outcome.  If Dundee United are not playing ball, just walk away from it and move on.

Yeah it said that nothing is imminent on that front. I think Dundee Utd are wary of letting him go to someone in the same league. If they’re trying to make it hard for us to get him then I’d just leave it and try for someone else. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ayr still in talks with Chalmers but Dundee United would rather send him down South again. 

He was down south last season, with a manager who knew him and he didn’t do well. 
A move to a club like Ayr and a decent run in a team would be the best option for him to move upwards.

Hes been at Dundee United for a for years and never had a breakthrough season. They are talking about loaning him out again so obviously don’t consider him an asset. 

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

100%

As much as it would be good to get him, it's not exactly a priority position for us and we've got much more pressing issues to be dealing with !!

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was down south last season, with a manager who knew him and he didn’t do well. 
A move to a club like Ayr and a decent run in a team would be the best option for him to move upwards.

Hes been at Dundee United for a for years and never had a breakthrough season. They are talking about loaning him out again so obviously don’t consider him an asset. 

I think they'd prefer to sell him though and there's no doubt an English League club are more likely to get closer to what both the club and Chalmers himself are looking for to make it happen.

As much as we keep saying it’s not a priority position, we still don’t have anyone capable of playing centrally in behind the striker and I’m assuming Chalmers signing would provide that either directly or indirectly with one of the current wide players moving in one. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As much as we keep saying it’s not a priority position, we still don’t have anyone capable of playing centrally in behind the striker and I’m assuming Chalmers signing would provide that either directly or indirectly with one of the current wide players moving in one. 

If we signed Chalmers we could potentially end up with a footballing final 3rd of Chalmers, Murphy, McGeady, Rose and Amartey which would probably be as close to the fast passing style of Moff and co as we could get, however if Bullen doesn't want us playing that way then we'd be as well forgetting about Chalmers and trying to sign a target man up top who could hold the ball up and bring others in to play.

55 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Dundee United are wanting a fee for him which I don't think we'd be willing to pay/feel is too high 

33 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Best case scenario is a mutual termination between him and Dundee United 

That's something outwith our control unfortunately and needs to be arranged between player/agent & Dundee United 

15 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I’ll probably be around if we keep winning and you keep losing. Once that is reversed you’ll not see me.

Congratulations on your victory. By my calculations that's one in a row. 

57 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Congratulations on your victory. By my calculations that's one in a row. 

Clearly can’t count very well as we beat Albion Rovers in the cup last week.

You’ll find 1+1= 2. Not really surprised by your lack of intelligence though.

14 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Do you ever just think to yourself....

Why am I here ?

Am I not a big enough dick in real life ,I have to be a dick online too....?

Go away No1 cares about ure opinion utter knob goblin 👺

Quite a lot of words for someone who doesn’t care.

Keep crying though.

ETA - What is a knob goblin? I’ve got no idea if that is an insult or not? 

Edited by Sortmeout

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Quite a lot of words for someone who doesn’t care.

Keep crying though.

ETA - What is a knob goblin? I’ve got no idea if that is an insult or not? 

Mate, we're currently grieving the loss of David Bangala. Atleast have some decency and give us 24hrs.