The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It is of course St Peter himself preventing Ayr from doing any transfer activity whatsoever until the third week of July every season.

It's honestly refreshing to see the majority of people on here apply significant critical thought to a game following a win. Normally that's met purely with thought-terminating cliches.

Anyway, that might have been the win that clinches eighth. This isn't going to be a season to remember, but so long as the club shitfests points out of the true losers in the division it puts things on a solid footing for the future.

Bullen at least seems to recognise how poor we’ve been in the first 2 league games.  Hopefully that results in a couple of decent signings coming in.  

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Good to hear that Bullen was unhappy with the hoofball but he needs to look at his captain on the park who sparked it all off. He was good defensively again, but just isn’t good enough to lead from the front in terms of playing football.

Same as last week, today highlighted that Dempsey isn't comfortable receiving the ball facing his own goal when we play it out. Not his fault as I don't expect an all round CM at this level and his strengths are further upfield.

Had assumed Smith would have played that role today but wasn't the case and we seemed to abandon the style not long after Dempsey kicked it out for a throw.

18 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I get that people see games differently, but this is just 100% heads gone wrong.

I'll accept he's maybe not hitting the heights that he has previously for us but he's still a class act at this level.

He can be good on his day but his form has been poor in my opinion for a while. Our midfield is constantly either dominated or by-passed. You can't keep picking a player who isn't cutting it. He needs a spell on the bench and give Pendlebury a chance to show what he can do. He's another one that's getting away with it because he played ok at the start of last season.

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It is of course St Peter himself preventing Ayr from doing any transfer activity whatsoever until the third week of July every season.

It's honestly refreshing to see the majority of people on here apply significant critical thought to a game following a win. Normally that's met purely with thought-terminating cliches.

Anyway, that might have been the win that clinches eighth. This isn't going to be a season to remember, but so long as the club shitfests points out of the true losers in the division it puts things on a solid footing for the future.

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I'd rather the club wait for the right players in terms of ability and quality than keep the likes of you happy by having bodies in on the first day of the window.

He keeps the likes of you happy by jingling his car keys, which seems like a lower-effort activity.

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I don't think Dempsey is in the same category as McAllister & Ashford. That is harsh.

However, he is over rated by a lot of our supporters imo. He's actually not a great option when playing out from the back when he cannons the ball back at the defence/goalie. 

No he's definitely better than the others mentioned but his form has been poor. He's just not contributing enough and no player should feel safe in that team. It's hard to defend a midfielder when our midfield is so lacking in creativity and dig.

A bit of time out might do him good.

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Moffat scored a hundred goals for the club.  

He did but 80% of them came in his first spell. I'd argue he was a better player in his second spell.

By Jack the lad's metric he shouldn't have been near the team (in his second spell) and the forward line should have been Moore & Shankland. 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Bullen at least seems to recognise how poor we’ve been in the first 2 league games.  Hopefully that results in a couple of decent signings coming in.  

Bullen when asked if the team was shite - THE f**k DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME????

Bullen when asked how he thought the team played - shite Callum, thanks for asking 

Just now, Trogdor said:

He did but 80% of them came in his first spell. I'd argue he was a better player in his second spell.

By Jack the lad's metric he shouldn't have been near the team (in his second spell) and the forward line should have been Moore & Shankland. 

Don’t think he is to be fair.  Moffat delivered less goals in his 2nd spell but offset that with more assists.

McKenzie doesn’t deliver either.  

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I said I judge players strikers based on how many goals they score. You stupidly asked is that how I judged Moffat the legend that scored 100 goals for us. You’ve lost the plot. 

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Don’t think he is to be fair.  Moffat delivered less goals in his 2nd spell but offset that with more assists.

McKenzie doesn’t deliver either.  

Ehhh... its exactly what Jack said he was talking about goals... 

1 hour ago, Jack_1910 said:

It doesn’t matter who Bryden scores against the point is he actually scores those goals. McKenzie also played in those games and failed to score. 

You have precisely made the point I was making. There is more to playing up front than scoring goals. 🙈

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He keeps the likes of you happy by jingling his car keys, which seems like a lower-effort activity.

I'm more happier laughing at you fighting the rage on here after we've won a game.

While trying to rationalise something you clearly have a limited knowledge of in a yer da in the pub with his mates type style.

Sign them earlier. 😂😂

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I'm more happier laughing at you fighting the rage on here after we've won a game.

While trying to rationalise something you clearly have a limited knowledge of in a yer da in the pub with his mates type style.

Sign them earlier. 😂😂

https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1261800592915271682?lang=en

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ehhh... its exactly what Jack said he was talking about goals... 

You have precisely made the point I was making. There is more to playing up front than scoring goals. 🙈

You’ve completely forgotten the point here. Unlike McKenzie Moffat provided something to the team when he wasn’t scoring. Trying to compare the two players is ridiculous