The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Unless the club are skint, I don't see them shipping Ashford out unless they had someone else coming in. I also don't think they would have shipped him out to replace him with an untried youth loan player. So maybe they have a bigger named player potentially in the horizon. 

Or we have just completely chucked it. 

I also think Syla was signed as a development opportunity and not a regular starter and there will be another midfielder in. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Unless the club are skint, I don't see them shipping Ashford out unless they had someone else coming in. I also don't think they would have shipped him out to replace him with an untried youth loan player. So maybe they have a bigger named player potentially in the horizon. 

I also think Syla was signed as a development opportunity and not a regular starter and there will be another midfielder in. 

Replacing Ashford with a young loan isn’t chucking it ffs. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

If we hadn't just signed Syla he'd be absolutely fine doing that role for us.  

It would be a huge risk to hope Syla can play that role competently IMO. Regardless they want to bring another central midfielder in, so if possible one who can cover in some of other weak positions too would be absolutely ideal. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

It’s funny how much you flip between Ashford being awful and being good depending on what angle you’re trying to push.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Replacing Ashford with a young loan isn’t chucking it ffs. 

Replacing a player on a two year deal who had been at the club for 18 months, regardless of his ability, with a loan player who hasn't kicked a ball in senior football isn't a downgrade ?

Get a grip on reality for f**k sake

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Replacing a player on a two year deal who had been at the club for 18 months, regardless of his ability, with a loan player who hasn't kicked a ball in senior football isn't a downgrade ?

Who are we talking about replacing Ashford ?

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Of course it isn’t. If we bring a loan player in and he scores 10 goals then he is instantly a huge upgrade on Ashford. Even if doesn’t do as well as that, at absolute worst he’s on a par with Ashford. 

Ashford only had a year left and would probably have been leaving anyway so there’s not much difference there to getting someone in on loan for a year. 

Not sure your response was quite the “gotcha” you thought it was mate. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Of course it isn’t. If we bring a loan player in and he scores 10 goals then he is instantly a huge upgrade on Ashford. Even if doesn’t do as well as that, at absolute worst he’s on a par with Ashford. 

Ashford only had a year left and would probably have been leaving anyway so there’s not much difference there to getting someone in on loan for a year. 

Not sure your response was quite the “gotcha” you thought it was mate. 

I don't think you understood the point I was making and still don't