The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

My thoughts exactly. Think there's a higher chance of Bannan getting the job as player coach and he's the same age as me 🫤

20231005094506.jpg

He'll need an assistant being under the age of 52. 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Maybe the new coach will bring in Bullen as an assistant, which will be kinda fitting.

He was assistant before but he left because he’d been in every position (steady) at the club including caretaker but was never offered the gig. 

Unless the owner is looking for a cheap appointment and hopes that bringing in a former captain can galvanise the team, put a bit of fight in to them, a manager that will have a bit of good grace to fail initially, I don’t see it happening. 

Going there would be a big gamble for Bullen as well. A disaster could burn his bridges at the club. He’s approaching the midway point in his managerial career and maybe holding out until they get relegated, the new manager gets binned and he takes over next season. 

He’s definitely in the discussion down there. A lot of their fans are convinced he’ll get it as it’ll be the cheap appointment and a person who is willing to work for their owner who is very challenging. Neil Warnock is also been heavily linked but some of their fans are put off with him being an ex Sheffield United manager and comments he’s previously made about Wednesday. FWIW I don’t think Bullen will get it but for an outsider looking in taking a side from 8th place to 2nd place will be seen as a success so fingers crossed. 

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He’s definitely in the discussion down there. A lot of their fans are convinced he’ll get it as it’ll be the cheap appointment and a person who is willing to work for their owner who is very challenging. Neil Warnock is also been heavily linked but some of their fans are put off with him being an ex Sheffield United manager and comments he’s previously made about Wednesday. FWIW I don’t think Bullen will get it but for an outsider looking in taking a side from 8th place to 2nd place will be seen as a success so fingers crossed. 

If Bullen can salvage this season and lift us in to the running for the play-offs, it would put him in a stronger position to get the job in the summer. Wednesday seem to change their manager a lot so a relegation would mean the job would be free in the summer. 

Collating the gossip they think someone is already lined up, Bullen's name seems to be prominent alongside Carlos something. Simon Jordan spoke to Warnock and says its unlikely, he would want the rangers job more. Owner seems a bit bonkers, the petty type.

21 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Collating the gossip they think someone is already lined up, Bullen's name seems to be prominent alongside Carlos something. Simon Jordan spoke to Warnock and says it’s unlikely, he would want the rangers job more. Owner seems a bit bonkers, the petty type.

Carlos Carvahal maybe? Previously managed them and think he got them to a playoff final. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Carlos Carvahal maybe? Previously managed them and think he got them to a playoff final. 

Correct.

Apparently talks with Bullen are in the final stages..

Heard this from someone who’s been spot on recently with rumours (Pendlebury boosting being the most recent)

Edited by ComradeDiego

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

Correct.

Apparently talks with Bullen are in the final stages..

Heard this from someone who’s been spot on recently with rumours (Pendlebury boosting being the most recent)

If this was remotely true you’d think we’d have heard something from the club? Or even VOR? 

27 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Not a chance, they’ll be in crisis management and trying to work out a soft launch of McGeady before Saturday.

Bullen could be away but it means McGeady is in charge for Saturday. 

ETA: That wasn’t even the Hasenhüttl gif I was looking for, it was the one where he celebrates then immediately signals to calm down but file was too large. 

1D051877-295E-4C68-A8B6-22CEF029B60E.gif

Edited by ayrunitedfw

Fans forum poster seems to have heard that an agreement made and will be announced soon:

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/325288-new-manager-already-lined-up/page/11/#comments

Don't reckon it will be Bullen but what do I know...???!

Edited by Highland Exile